∞ = m / c3

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 05:39 am
∞ = m / c3
An infinity generally describes a region where spacetime curvature becomes infinite due to a gravitational singularity. Einstein’s Field equations suggest that in some areas of the universe matter and energy can become so compressed that they reach infinite density.
The above infinite density is usually found at the point of singularity within a black hole. This region would have zero volume, yet, contain all the mass of a black hole, therefore, resulting in infinite density.
Therefore, I believe that there is an equation which would make sense of this infinity, which primarily relates to density. Therefore, the commonly known equation for density, which is: ρ = m / V or the known calculation: g/cm3 = g / cm3 can be reimagined as the above.
There exist certain parallels within the known physics of a black hole and the above equation. One such parallel is the fact that the volume of a black hole is its physical radius cubed. Therefore, volume comprises 3-dimensional space. As does the m3 or cm3 in a regular density calculation. All of the above are put to the 3rd power, as is the ‘c’ is in the above equation. Therefore, it is a logical conclusion to posit the following equation, ∞ = m / c3, as the infinity is expressed as the mass divided by the speed of light cubed (27,000 trillion Kms a second).
Therefore, even though mass is related to energy it can also be related to density.
Another way to express this equation is to set it out as a mathematical triangle:
m
∞ c3

Therefore, 1 gram divided by 2700 quintillion cms3 would give the density.
This above equation also gives us space and time equivalence. Where ∞ could be seen to equal time and c3 could be seen to equal space.
The above mathematical triangle will give us the expressions:
m / c3 = ∞
∞ × c3 = m
However, the following expression also needs to be applied:
m / ∞ = c3
However, c3 always has the same value. Therefore, a physicist with a working knowledge of maths maybe could maybe answer this query.
It is my belief that this expression: m / ∞ = c3 describes the escape velocity of a black hole / early universe. Nevertheless, mass / space would not just be travelling in 1 direction but in all directions – 3d space.
Therefore, this equation can not only be used to describe regions of singularity within the existing universe but can also be used to describe the early universe, whereby, mass and energy were compacted into a very dense area. Therefore, an infinity (relating to space and time) could be seen to start the universe’s initial expansion.
Please discuss.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 727 • Replies: 7
No top replies

LorrettaOShea

Reply Wed 28 Aug, 2019 05:57 pm
@LorrettaOShea,
Just a note to add to my last post. Another way to express the formula: ∞ = m / c3 is:
M = ∞c3
In my last post I made the error of saying that the ‘c3’ component could be seen to equal space. However, by re-arranging the equation I can now see the proper space and time equivalence and where they lie:
M = ∞c3
(space) (time).

Respond if you wish to.

fresco

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 01:11 am
@LorrettaOShea,
I suggest you investigate the nebulous 'mathematics of infinity' if you expect to be taken seriously.
LorrettaOShea

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 03:52 am
@fresco,
The matter of infinities I will address: the infinities we find in our cosmos are normally found in black holes. And these infinities normally relate to the density of a given black hole. Therefore, different black holes will have different masses therefore, different densities. Therefore, an ∞ is not just an airy fairy everything but a quantifiable amount.
Just to add to my last post - the above equation - M = ∞c3 could have the potential to point towards the space time curvature at the point of singularity of a black hole, seeing that it has space time equivalence.
The m (mass) is commonly seen as representing space, and the ∞c3 could represent time. This is because time (and thank you to another scientist for explaining this concept for me) can be itself related to the wavelength of light we receive, and whether it is red shifted or blue shifted and our perception of the speed of it. Therefore, c3 could well relate to our concept of time very easily.

fresco

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 05:35 am
@LorrettaOShea,
...for example m/infinity = zero.
LorrettaOShea

Reply Thu 29 Aug, 2019 04:16 pm
@fresco,
Your last example I did not understand. mass would be divided by infinity - true. However, as I last pointed out this infinity would be a measure of density. Therefore, the outcome would be a measurable result and one which would measure c3 i.e. 27,000 trillion Km.
fresco

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2019 01:29 am
@LorrettaOShea,
Infinity is not 'a measure' of density (or anything else). On the contrary it is a concept defining 'impossibility of measurement'. Nor can we speak about 'the volume of a singularity' which is just 'zero'.
Your 'theory' therefore amounts to a rejection of conventional 'black hole' thinking, which is more likely to be superceded by developments in other areas (like quantum gravity, which also supercedes 'time') than by playing with the algebra.
0 Replies

Brandon9000

Reply Sun 1 Sep, 2019 11:53 am
@LorrettaOShea,
LorrettaOShea wrote:
The m (mass) is commonly seen as representing space, and the ∞c3 could represent time. This is because time (and thank you to another scientist for explaining this concept for me) can be itself related to the wavelength of light we receive, and whether it is red shifted or blue shifted and our perception of the speed of it. Therefore, c3 could well relate to our concept of time very easily.

Mass does not represent space. Mass is mass, a property of matter. C^3, apparently the cube of a unit if length, does not represent time, it is simply length cubed. Don't keep going on about it or about what you meant by it. It's simply wrong.
0 Replies