HIPSTERS BS & POST/MOD & Philo. BS ANONYMOUS

benjamino

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:57 am
whasup hep cats and chicks, i'm diggin this thread and that aint no jive, reet? i'm hitchin up some jazz sticks and jammin on my bellyfiddle baby, far out
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:54 am
EM:-

It isn't unusual for people to walk around looking for shiny metallic objects on the ground.You could probably have dropped a Krugerand from a helicopter onto the country walk site and one of you would have found it in about 10 minutes.

Beats-William Burroughs.Kerouac is a bit lower middle class.

Ever hear the '84 tour version of Tangled?Big re-write.

In Renaldo and Clara there's a scene with Renaldo and Ginsberg looking at Kerouac's headstone.The scene is used again in the Series of Dreams video with flames flaring from the chiselled letters.

First beat-Rimbaud.(wordsmith magician-gun runner,fortune hunter and sad ending gripping his money belt full of gold.)

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/b/bob-dylan/21297.html
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:56 am
You have to see it though.Really see I mean.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 05:57 am
Volume on MAX.
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 06:32 am
What a strange thread.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 07:08 am
What do you find strange my leetle peekaneeny?
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:41 am
Well... I have no idea what it's about.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 08:50 am
It's about 3 pages.(You're not sane are you?)
0 Replies

agrote

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:08 am
Hehe. Ever watched the League of Gentlemen? If you're American, you've probably not heard of it... very good British horror sitcom.

UglyMovieGeek 1: Ooh thith ith gud, leth wotch thith.
UglyMovieGeek 2: Wot's it abowt?
UglyMovieGeek 1: Ith abowt... 112 minnits
UglyMovieGeek 2: No, no. Wot's the theme of the film?
UglyMovieGeek 1: Oh right, it's... (sings) da-da-dada-dum-di-dum...

Anyway. No, I'm not sane.
0 Replies

BoGoWo

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:09 am
extra medium wrote:
........ Weird coincidences. I mean on the one hand, they are almost explainable, but not really............
...........I mean, theres like 22 people in there, and we were all hiking on different trails, and he and I found each other's buckles out there...........

mind you, how many stories of how you were out hiking, and found something that was not odd, and did not belong to someone you know, or there was not some other coincidental connection, do you remember, let alone repeat?

If you look at all the dull boring finds, and compare them numerically against the 'bizzaarros', statistically they probably make sense over a lifetime.

[chance is the norm, why the surprise?]
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 01:58 pm
BoGoWo wrote:

mind you, how many stories of how you were out hiking, and found something that was not odd, and did not belong to someone you know, or there was not some other coincidental connection, do you remember, let alone repeat?

What? Why would you want to hear those?

You want to hear the boring stories? .... let's see. once I was up on the backside of Mt. Rainier, just outside the Wm.O Douglas western border and I noticed that the little pond there... the first one you come to, not the one that's up and over on the south side of the pass... was a little low. There was some hunter's trash in the water and I wondered what jerk would come up to a pristine spot and leave their garbage. Did I pick it up or was it too muddy to walk out there?

Then... lessseee... I was hiking north of there, on the other side of the highway having crossed the little keyhole pass from Sheep's Lake & headed into Three Crow Basin when I realized there was another party of four who were coming up the hill. I left my sweaty handkerchief to dry on a branch. The wind came up and a dark cloud began to spill into the basin. So we packed up, but I left that handkerchief behind. Did they pick it up?

I went to a famous Catholic shrine south of Tuscon to pay my respects and on impulse left something of myself. I returned more than a year later and everything had been cleaned up, of course, but somehow someone has missed my gift. Do I take it ... or not? Has it been sufficiently aged in that desert air and those thousand prayers?

I have loads of those kinds of stories if you'd like to hear them, but... I think the other ones are more interesting.

Quote:

If you look at all the dull boring finds, and compare them numerically against the 'bizzaarros', statistically they probably make sense over a lifetime.

[chance is the norm, why the surprise?]

Bizzaarroos? What is that? To me... just about every story has a bizarre point, just most people don't see it.

"Statistically they probably make sense?" Sense about what? Is there a statistical average of co-inka-dinkies that I haven't heard of, 'cause I'd LOVE to see those reports.

I think one could say that operatively, one will pick up "x" number of objects over the course of one's lifetime and some will seem more interesting than others... Truth is stranger than fiction.

Max here and I were comparing notes on our slightly more interesting stories. Either you've lived through weird times or not. I beg your pardon for our indulging ourselves in pointing them out on a public forum, but it must be terrible to live in a world where you can't... you honest to god can't, enjoy the coincidences that you are lucky enough to have happened to you.

Do you have any interesting stories to tell? They have to be real.

. . . .
On another note .... at a visit to a clinic this morning one of the technicians told me that her intuitive decision to cancel a procedure saved her and her unborn daughter a lot of grief. She'll never forget how ultimately lucky she was to choose her intution over everyday rationality. I think people would do well if they did THAT more often.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:12 pm
Tell us a really interesting one spiffey only make it longer than that little gem up there.Polish it with tender loving care.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:24 pm
freaks are starting to get negative around here again...

will you read the rules--this is a bs thread, no sniping thank you ya freaky freaks hepcats

go have a smoke or two, a couple bottles of wine, medicate yourself, and come back

no negativity around here unless it comes with a joke

agrote you owe a round of drinks

bogowo you owe two rounds

spendius has a week of drinks he owes thus far,

some people have won drinks and other good stuff from their posts here, will distribute when the offenders pay off

meanwhile, let me see if i can think of an even more boring & irritating hiking or inner city funked music tale to tell...

medicate & come back here!

you need to get on the cloud Benjamo & Piffka are on or somewhere out there in space or on the road or in the smoky nightclub or in that tenement or on the sidewalk or drivin all night for 4 nights in a row or pickin up freaks or out down in mexico on your back again passin the bottle bring on some more of those spanish dancers, and burn

everyone's a critic-- tell us a story or at least a word, heps

or at least a beginners stream o conciousness or sumptin'? i know someone's got the word around here, why you shy??

go! go! go! go!

turn us on with your weirdest or boringest crap, i know you got it, you can't fool me i know half you out there are all hopped up on caffeine and nicotine and energy drinks smart drinks dumb drinks and god knows what else...

turn us on to the word

spill it go! go! go! go!
0 Replies

Piffka

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:44 pm
spendius wrote:
Tell us a really interesting one spiffey only make it longer than that little gem up there.Polish it with tender loving care.

Don't you have something better to do?
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 02:48 pm
Hi, extra medium. You're cute.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:24 pm
Embarrassed

thank ee, letty!

well i'd rather be a bit more hip...

do you know the way?

whats the word for us here?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:29 pm
insult iditoteque!

for all those who love to insult and be ultra negative, here's a wonderful thread called "The Never Ending Insult Thread"

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1375478#1375478

its great you can just sit there for hours and hurl your insults back and forth

be sure to check out the rules on the first page of the thread, or the dark ones there will insult you even more. its pretty easy. just throw an insult, then make a statement about yourself. y'all are good at that, i know

pretty funny, i spent some time on there...cool stuff...i got so i actually looked forward to the funky insult someone would throw at me next...never knew its so much fun to get insulted...when everyone knows its a game and you're in it...check it out all ya uptight square insulters (that wasn't an insult by the way)

insult!
0 Replies

Letty

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:36 pm
Don't care about the insult game, E.M. Tried it and then sorta lost my taste for it.

Soooooo. The word for the day is funky. That means tacky on purpose, and as far as the hipsters are concerned, I've known a few when I sang, but all that jazz and a little bit of country is the way I swing.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:37 pm
agrote wrote:
What a strange thread.

thank you!

the best comliment ever!

give this person a comfortable chair, extra strong beverage, and give 'em the floor to recite some impromptu street poetry in our basement

got any spontaneious poetry or word for us, agrote? :wink:
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:40 pm
Letty wrote:
Don't care about the insult game, E.M. Tried it and then sorta lost my taste for it.

Soooooo. The word for the day is funky. That means tacky on purpose, and as far as the hipsters are concerned, I've known a few when I sang, but all that jazz and a little bit of country is the way I swing.

I know I guess its more fun to insult people outside of a friggin insult thread.

funky is a good word so is jazz and country. put funky country jazz together and you really got something.

nice last sentence above-- a lot in one sentence, and a nice turn of the phrase. did you craft that, or it just came out that way? a nice one

were you a singer? what kind of music?
0 Replies