Can you delete messages in PM, or are they permanent?

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 02:35 am
Hi. I am curious. I would like to know, can you delete the messages you send, or the messages you receive from others, in PM, or are they permanent?

Please let me know- thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 2 • Views: 1,735 • Replies: 10

Ragman

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 07:19 am
@JGoldman10,
They are permanent. However, being said, I believe there is a certain limit to the amount of messages that are retained I don’t know if it’s 20 or something close to that. These are messages only you can see of course because it’s private I still have some from years ago.
Region Philbis

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 07:22 am
@Ragman,

once you've hit that threshold, the oldest PM exchange disappears when someone new PMs you...
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 07:29 am
@JGoldman10,
Everything you post on the internet is permanent.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 09:52 pm
@maxdancona,
Not unless you can delete it, or can get someone else to delete it for you.

Some sites I have posted on were taken down without notice. In some cases, I couldn't find archived pages containing what I posted.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Sat 17 Aug, 2019 09:56 pm
Quote:
A big Scot is sitting in a bar, ranting as he downs his pints. He pounds his hand on the bar, says "You see this bar? I built this bar with me own two hands, a finer piece of work you'll newver find, but do they call me MacGregor the bar-builder? No!!" and he downs his pint and buys another.

He points out the window. "See that dock in the lake? I built that dock with me own hands, a finer piece of work you'll newver find, but do they call me MacGregor the dock-builder? No!!" and downs his pint.

He next pointed out the chair and table in the corner, the fence outside, all sorts of similar projects, and says "I built that with me own two hands, a finer piece of work you'll newver find, but do call me MacGregor the handyman? No!!"

He stares into his beer, whispers, "And you **** one sheep."

(As told on NPR)
izzythepush

Reply Sun 18 Aug, 2019 12:20 pm
@maxdancona,
Get your facts straight. It's not the Scots who shag sheep, it's the Welsh.

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 09:21 am
@izzythepush,
I always thought bagpipes might sound like a sheep being shagged, because how would I know?
izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 09:43 am
@bobsal u1553115,
Did you like the clip? Reginald D Hunter is like John Oliver in reverse, very well known over here, not so much back in Georgia.
0 Replies

bobsal u1553115

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 10:43 am
@izzythepush,
Thanks for turning me on to Reginald, just spent an hour watching a show he recorded in London years ago. Good stuff.
izzythepush

Reply Thu 22 Aug, 2019 10:49 am
@bobsal u1553115,
He is really good, he's done some good documentary stuff too. All 3 parts are on youtube.

It's interesting because he moved here because of how he was treated and in many ways he hates the South. In the three programmes he does mellow and find things about the South he likes.

His mother called him Reginald because she didn't want him living the life of a lot of black men from Georgia, and the name was a good start.
0 Replies