Did you know?

farmerman

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 12:28 pm
@maxdancona,
youve forgotten several other kingdoms. I read that the response of certain plants and archaea to UHF on the e mag spectrum through the other end of the spectrum in non ionizing radiation (far short wave UV) are sensed by plants in a photo response . Near and far UV are actually :colors"
farmerman

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 12:29 pm
@izzythepush,
wahhh , a 'narrow boat" deviant amongst us?.
Leadfoot

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 12:32 pm
@tsarstepan,
I get asked that a lot in gas stations.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 12:57 pm
@farmerman,
No, I'm afraid not. I may have been on one, but I'm not really into that sort of thing. Our marinas are all full of yachts, (also not my thing.)

I googled the acronym and had a telly that used to do this.

0 Replies

maxdancona

Tue 13 Aug, 2019 12:57 pm
@farmerman,
This is a simple math problem, Farmerman. If you are going to defend this ridiculous claim, then come up with some numbers. I already gave you numbers for the human visible range as well has my musings about other parts of the animal kingdom.

You are arguing that life on earth can detect a range that is 99 greater than humans.

I think this is ridiculous... Propose a range (I.e. numbers) that even pass the laugh test.
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Fri 16 Aug, 2019 11:45 am
The question I have is what the hell does anyone think is going on in the 99% of light we supposedly can't see? Sinister aliens controlling our daily lives? See "They Live" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/They_Live<br />
We don't see flowers the way bees do. It doesn't seem to me to be too big a loss.
izzythepush

Fri 16 Aug, 2019 12:02 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
Aren't you appreciative of the fact you can see in colour unlike lots of animals? Aren't you the least bit curious how things would look if you could see outside the spectrum?

Not every single post is to be argued and debated, some are just of interest and to get people talking about other, less confrontational, things.

If you can't do that, and it doesn't interest you then why bother posting?
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 16 Aug, 2019 01:38 pm
@izzythepush,
You are lecturing me about this? Laughing Have you had electroshock therapy since last I saw one of your angry posts?

izzythepush

Fri 16 Aug, 2019 01:51 pm
@Finn dAbuzz,
I see you've lost none of your charm. Not everything is worth getting angry about. If you feel the need to pick a fight about what comprises the visible spectrum then you really have got a problem.
Finn dAbuzz

Fri 16 Aug, 2019 02:07 pm
@izzythepush,
Again... Very Happy
0 Replies