Bonuses for Meeting Weight/Dimensions Standards

gollum

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 06:25 pm
May an employer (in the United States) offer employees bonuses for meeting weight and/or personal dimensions standards
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 864 • Replies: 8
No top replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 6 Aug, 2019 07:05 pm
@gollum,
yeh, otherwise wed never have a great Sumo Wrestling season.

How bout jockies??
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 07:03 am
@gollum,
Given your odd lack of context (never new with you) can you actually provide some please? Maybe do this with 100% of your future threads here at a2k? I mean... adding a little context can't take that much time to creating these threads.

Are you talking about airlines and the physical weight and proportions of their flight attendants? Are you talking about people in manufacturing positions and how close they get their products to the specific dimensions and weight?
Linkat

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 10:18 am
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

May an employer (in the United States) offer employees bonuses for meeting weight and/or personal dimensions standards

We get things like reimbursements for health club fees, extra vacation day or two for fulfilling healthy stuff - like attending "wellness" type seminars, filling out a health assessment - you get so many points for various stuff and you can earn an extra vacation day.

Unfortunately I am so busy at work I cannot go to these seminars (went to one that was personal to me; and filled out one health assessment - haven't done anything else so I don't think I will get the vacation day).

But not actual $$.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 10:40 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan-

Thank you.

I apologize I had thought it best to ask the actual question without a lot of verbiage. I guess I was wrong.

I read a very short news brief in a newspaper.

It reads:

Waist not

Mexican state-owned oil giant Pemex will begin offering bonuses of $287 to employees who meet personal weight standards -- including a waist of no more than 31 inches for women, 35 inches for men, Bloomberg reported.
Linkat

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 11:46 am
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

tsarstepan-
It reads:

Waist not

Mexican state-owned oil giant Pemex will begin offering bonuses of $287 to employees who meet personal weight standards -- including a waist of no more than 31 inches for women, 35 inches for men, Bloomberg reported.

Weird - is there a space limit or something where being thinner helps - ie squeezing by small areas?
gollum

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 11:49 am
@Linkat,
Linkat-

I guess that management thinks that it will result in fewer health insurance claims and less use of sick time.
Linkat

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 12:02 pm
@gollum,
gollum wrote:

Linkat-

I guess that management thinks that it will result in fewer health insurance claims and less use of sick time.

I was thinking that at the first description - but I would have thought that BMI or overall weight would be a better indicator - waist size just seems odd.

Size thing reminds me of my grandfather - he used to serve in the navy on subs. They looked for men that were shorter - due to size limit in the subs.
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Wed 7 Aug, 2019 08:18 pm
The increase in bodacious bods bodes badly for goggles off occupational safety.

0 Replies