Suicide persuasive presentation

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 03:13 pm
Hello all;

I'm willing to make a presentation on the PREVENTION OF SUICIDE. I'm looking for ways and techniques by which I can PERSUADE the people to stay away from suicide in my presentation.

I'm looking for strong, effective, direct, brief statements in which I can convince the listeners how suicide is not the right choice, and how life is so beautiful and it can be hopefull when a person opens a new page..etc..

Thanks in advance!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 3,444 • Replies: 6
No top replies

pragmatic

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:31 pm
Hi:

I remember when I was doing a talk on internet stranger danger and stalking a few years ago, I used an introduction where I talked about a real life situation where a woman was stalked by a guy she met on a chat site - I detailed exactly what had happened (he controled her computer using a remote control, managed to find out where she lived etc) and then after giving this 1 minute intro, I said - the issue of stalking has been big, but now it is in cyberspace.

So I guess what I am trying to say is - use a really interesting real life story about suicide and its tragedy - you want them to think this is going to be interesting and what happens to other humans - we thrive on such issues.

Good luck. What's it for? assignment or seminar pres?
0 Replies

vonderjohn

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:11 am
it is for a speech..infront of an audience.
it has to be persuasive..to persuade the audience that suicide IS preventable
0 Replies

Iamacheater

Reply Sat 11 Jun, 2005 08:02 pm
Well from my experiences and some articles I read, I suppose the most powerful argument against suicide and it can in this case help prevent suicides; is to make sure that the person who want to commit suicide would think abuot his own consequences on the family, friends or passer-by.

Anyone who stops for a second to think how the family/friends/passerby would feel, are always in every case does not commiting suicide.

Because to commit suicide, you have to have the feeling that you don't care about the world, don't care about other people, including your family etc, and that they won't care about you.
It is very hard to commit a suicide in front of someone, an innocent passerby.

That said, I meant suicide in situations like depression, unhappy with life, distraughted about some tragic events so on. The main cause.
0 Replies

abby49

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 02:37 pm
i did a speech about suicide this year and i really got through to the crowd. Start off with some information, something that will really make a person realize that its serious, maybe an estimation of how many people kill themselves each day, and compare that number to other things, i don't quite remember how it went but after i gave an estimation i said" thats a fully loaded jet crash, crashing each day. good luck with your presentation!
0 Replies

lpenviro

Reply Sun 12 Jun, 2005 08:27 pm
my mother-in-law sat with one of her sons and a grandson who were dying of cancer while still teenagers. She says that anyone who does not respect life should have sat with her and they would understand.
0 Replies

pragmatic

Reply Mon 13 Jun, 2005 05:00 pm
Its a contraversial issue isn't?
0 Replies