Are We Alive?

extra medium

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 05:32 am
LOL. Always answering a question with a question.

Point taken.

Well I guess I should only start ultra serious threads here. This one was meant as sort of a joke to see if people would actually debate it, and sure enough...

Laughing Laughing Laughing

I must stop that...
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:12 pm
You carry a chip on your shoulder EM, this is not uncommon in travelling Yanks. They somehow reach the profound conclusion that they are Dr.Livingston ( I presume) obviously this condition is nourished by the fact that American's are in general very much afraid to cross the pond or the lake. You look far too young to refer to me as a boy! Indeed a decent chap would ascertain his subjects status prior to issuing scurrilous, unwarranted, and ignorant remarks, of which he clearly has neither knowledge or understanding. We are fully aware of your parrot fashion education, of that there be no doubt. I would strongly advise you to heed the teachings of your mentor's and tread carefully, you will indeed be a simple log to fry. For the present I will grant you quarter, I happen to be prepared to consider your meanderings as your mis-fortunes and ignorance of your youthful inconsiderate, bellicose and tantraumatic desire to create an impression. It may well work with 'Old Spendius' with me it has no impact whatsoever. In fact, could I but, I would like to teach you a lesson, in a sporting manner in the sheer eloquence of The Marquis of Queensberry Rules. I rather enjoy; to spank a yank! The ball in this particular game is now in your court. I leave it up to you to either apologise, or carry on with your simplistic meanderings. From my part, it is now history, discarded in the dump bin. I would caution you well, not to resurrect it. Of course your ancestry evolves from these shores, where else on earth would a nation of misfits find their common cause. You mention Asia, where? I have spent many years travelling in Asia. Please, do not mention Bali or Japan, I would be hysterical. Note well 'college boy' I am very familiar with your shores, my wife being American, and her having five brothers on that continent, I have travelled well. Envy, jealousy, be no downfall of mine, who wants cancer? As you wrote your initial insolent response above without your catalogues to hand,(there be much I recognise) you have shown your lack of both control and good education. You blew it at the first fence. I had previously given you more credit than that. As for living in Hawaii, Thank you very much indeed, but no ta! I will shortly be residing for five or six months of the year in The Orient, as a well travelled occidental, perhaps you could enlighten me on the benefits I may attain by spending some 3 months later this year and into '06 in Mai Horn Son. Your obviously not confined to The Vet's quarters so perhaps you are a medic on USS ? whatever. Last time I crossed swords with the second best fleet in the world. Some of them, after careful considerations of their non-entity, broke ranks and deserted. Last seen on Okinawa, the armpit of the world. You would already know that though. By the way, they appointed me as 'Executive Order of Consulates'
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:17 pm
Pick that out of you gums EM!
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:30 pm
Jolly good show, Mathos.

You made me snicker a couple of times with that.

Here, pull up a seat, take a long deep drink, take three and six, and laugh.

I daresay I'd enjoy a game of chess with you, sniping gets rather dull don't you think? We are both beyond that, one hopes.

Let us march forward, not as enemies, but as men caught in existence at the same time/place in the space-time continuum.

Cheers. <hearty ironic slap on the back>
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:42 pm
A fraternal greeting young man. Let us enjoy the fruit of the wine!
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:49 pm
Drink up!

There's cases more in the basement, and in that old stone house across the way.

Fraternity...ah yes. You've made me stronger and clearer, in a strange way Mathos.

I hope you can say the same, sometime.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:53 pm
I consider you to be a good man, for the present, that will suffice.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 02:58 pm
Hmmmm....

I think we are indeed alive.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 03:16 pm
And yet, be we alive or not, the experiences we encounter are special.
0 Replies

revo

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 07:58 pm
i think therefore i am
-descartes
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:17 am
Gee EM

At least me and smorgie went four rounds.You and M were soon kissing and cuddling.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 08:55 am
Are we alive?

Some of us are, others are not. Those who are not, however, blessedly have nothing to contribute to the topic.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:17 pm
spendius wrote:
Gee EM

At least me and smorgie went four rounds.You and M were soon kissing and cuddling.

ehhh, he bought me a drink and shook my hand, I decided for now I'd rather have a drink with the both of you, and expend energy on more positive and productive pursuits. The sparring was fun for a sideshow attraction, but, now, onward (drink in hand, sometimes). Are you down with it?

Surely you've heard of "The Truceless War" which is associated with your name? Well this one has a truce, for now. Ever heard of the Cold War? Something like that, but a bit more cheery and not so marked my intellectual paralylsis, one would hope.

Not to say that we can't spar with one another in the future whenever we feel the need. With a smile in the background, indeed.

Good day, Spendius!
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Wed 1 Jun, 2005 02:26 pm
Setanta,
Good evening. Hey my friend, as long as we feel good, some of the time. It's worth being here!
The cradle rocks above an abyss, and common sense tells us that our existence is but a brief crack of light between the eternities of darkness.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 03:55 am
I ran my brother's car off the road yesterday, and it made me feel very alive... Smile
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 06:06 am
What about your brudder?How did he feel.

I don't take much notice of people who can't keep an itsy-bitsy brum-brum on the tarmac which has been specially laid out by the government to make it easy enough for 18 yr old girls to manage.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 2 Jun, 2005 09:29 am
My brother? He's not too happy about it.

Quote:
I don't take much notice of people who can't keep an itsy-bitsy brum-brum on the tarmac which has been specially laid out by the government to make it easy enough for 18 yr old girls to manage.

You don't? Then maybe it was you who came towards me in the middle of the road like a drunken sailboatcaptain, forcing me to do anything to avoid a head on collision.
0 Replies

Mathos

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:08 pm
I think you have hit the nail on the head, again, Cyracuz.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:19 pm
Mathos,

What is that dark spherical shaped object in your avatar? Is it alive?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 3 Jun, 2005 04:39 pm
He farts. Therefore I smell.

There's something wrong with that. I'll be back if I ever figure it out.
0 Replies