The GOP; the party that threatens its own party members

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 10:45 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I6SxaduiX2U This is a democracy?

maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 11:58 am
@cicerone imposter,
That's nothing.

Have you seen what the liberal base is doing to Joe Biden?
Ragman

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 12:41 pm
@maxdancona,
Nothing more than what he deserves.
Singing: “Call me unelectable. Call me unrespectable. Throw in uncommendable too!”
maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 01:37 pm
@Ragman,
Democrats in 2019 are a bunch of nasty little bitches. It is a shame that I am going to have to vote for one (if I can stomach it this time).

The stupid part is that the Democrats are going to need votes from people like me if they want to beat Trump. Yet their petty attacks and unwillingness to acknowledge anyone outside of their narrow bubble as human are pissing us off.
Ragman

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 03:59 pm
@maxdancona,
Frankly, I feel that the whole election process has become a farce and an international disgrace.

FWIW, I still feel that on the ballot there should be an “option D” for None of the Above. Toss out the whole lot.
maxdancona

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:46 pm
@Ragman,
I just wish the Democrats would get their **** together.

Joe Biden is the best shot to beat Trump because he has the best chance to reach out to voters outside of the crazy liberal bubble. They need to stop taking shots at the voters who they need to win.
RABEL222

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:47 pm
@Ragman,
22 candidates are about 18 too many. I haven't watched any democrat discussions and won't for several months.
cicerone imposter

Reply Tue 9 Jul, 2019 04:48 pm
@RABEL222,
About 20 too many.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 12:52 am
@maxdancona,
Shouldn’t senility or insanity disqualify a candidate? How about inexperience?
roger

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 01:27 am
@Ragman,
Maybe, but I'm unwilling to tamper with the constitution. Existing amendments aside, sounds like bad precedent. I do take your point.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 10:07 am
@Ragman,
Trump fits all of your characterizations.
Quote:
Shouldn’t senility or insanity disqualify a candidate? How about inexperience?
PerspectiveFREE PREVIEW
President Trump’s Mental Health — Is It Morally Permissible for Psychiatrists to Comment?
Claire Pouncey, M.D., Ph.D.
Audio Interview
Digital Object Thumbnail
Interview with Dr. Claire Pouncey on the controversy surrounding psychiatrists’ comments on President Trump’s mental health. (14:49)
In The Dangerous Case of Donald Trump, psychiatrist Bandy Lee and other mental health professionals, believing they have a duty to warn the public, reject the idea that psychiatrists should never offer diagnostic opinions about persons they haven’t personally examined.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 12:17 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Not that long ago homosexuality was a mental disorder. Psychiatry has been used to stigmatize people who oppose war or question a government.

This use of psychiatry for political ends is more than immoral, it is dangerous.
Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 02:20 pm
@Ragman,
Then Obama never would have been president
0 Replies

Finn dAbuzz

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 02:23 pm
@cicerone imposter,
A psychiatrist shouldn't comment on anyone...period.

The ones that are commenting on Trump are partisan hacks and should be ashamed of themselves.

If we ever have an insane president we would need a psychiatrist to tell us he or she is insane.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 02:24 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
This use of psychiatry for political ends is more than immoral, it is dangerous.
I disagree. A president's mental health is important for our security and safety. A president who is mentally unstable should not have the authority to use nuclear weapons.
Quote:
The Duty To Disobey A Nuclear Launch Order | HuffPost
https://www.huffpost.com/.../the-duty-to-disobey-a-nuclear-launch-order_b_5a1c214...
Nov 27, 2017 - “If you execute an unlawful order, you will go to jail,” the general ... legal duty to obey a lawful order but also a legal duty to disobey an unlawful order. ... A president has no lawful authority to order a first-strike nuclear attack. ... worried that Trump may be leading the United States “on the path to World War III.
https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/the-time-cure/201709/the-dangerous-case-donald-trump More than 60,000 health professionals signed this petition. “We, the undersigned mental health professionals, believe in our professional judgment that Donald Trump manifests a serious mental illness that renders him psychologically incapable of competently discharging the duties of President of the United States. And we respectfully request he be removed from office, according to article 4 of the 25th amendment to the Constitution, which states that the president will be replaced if he is ‘unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office.’” Are you claiming, you know better? I doubt it.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 03:15 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
Joe Biden is the best shot to beat Trump

Perhaps.

Your statement may prove be true or untrue.
Polls are always changing.
Strengths and weaknesses of candidates can also change over time.
We are very early in the process.
It may be best to let the process play itself out and then determine which candidate has the best chance of beating Trump.

I believe that it is important that the eventual winner of the primary put in the hard work of earning the nomination.

I believe the candidate who truly earn the nomination will most likely have the best chance of beating Trump.

Earning the nomination toughens you up.
Earning the nomination helps fine tune and sharpen your campaign skills.
Earning the nomination helps you become more skilled in articulating your message and policy positions.
Earning the nomination helps to fine tune the candidates message.
Earning the nomination helps to enhance and strengthen your national and local organization.
Earning the nomination helps you to be better prepared to defend yourself against the expected and unexpected attacks.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 03:25 pm
@Real Music,
I don't mind Kamala Harris' attack on Biden. It is relevant to the job and he needs to sharpen his message.

It is the cheap shots that upset me.
Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 03:32 pm
@maxdancona,
The last time Joe Biden was a part of a presidential campaign was during the re-election campaign of Obama-Biden.

During that re-election campaign, Biden was a stronger candidate.

At the present time he appears to be rusty.

He really does need to earn the nomination.

If he cannot earn the nomination, he probably wouldn't have the best chance of beating Trump.

On the other hand, if he does earn the nomination, he then would have the best chance of beating Trump.
cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 03:49 pm
@Real Music,
Sounds right.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 03:54 pm
@maxdancona,
At the present time, in no particular order, I like Kamala Harris, Joe Biden, and Elizabeth Warren.

Because we are so early in the process, my opinion of these three candidates as well as the other candidates is subject to change.

1. Forums
  2. » The GOP; the party that threatens its own party members
Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/18/2024 at 01:11:23