The GOP; the party that threatens its own party members

cicerone imposter

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 06:34 pm
@Real Music,
I like your choice of those three, but wish that a woman wins the next election.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 07:51 pm
@Real Music,
I prefer Warren and Harris to Biden (in that order). The question is whether they can effectively reach out to White middle class voters in states like Pennsylvania and Ohio.

It is an important question, but to answer it they are going to get the outraged left to shut up.

I think Warren might be able.to put together a winning coalition based on her economic message.
Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 08:52 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I prefer Warren and Harris to Biden (in that order). The question is whether they can effectively reach out to White middle class voters in states like Pennsylvania and Ohio.

I may not entirely agree with you, regarding the strategy of reaching out to white middle class voters.
I am not discounting that strategy.
That may prove to be a winning strategy
I'm just saying that there may be just as effective strategy reaching out to other specific groups.
There can be more than one winning strategy.
For example, reaching out to the working class and labor unions may prove to a winning strategy. Especially the working class and labor unions in Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Ohio.

I do believe that whoever wins the nomination needs to put extra emphasis on winning certain states.
I believe the nominee needs to put extra focus on Michigan, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Ohio, and even Florida.

I'm not saying they should ignore other states, because that would also be a huge mistake. I'm just saying they should put extra emphasis on these states.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 08:56 pm
@maxdancona,
Party unity behind the eventual winner, regardless of who that person is, will be extremely difficult to defeat.
Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 09:00 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I think Warren might be able.to put together a winning coalition based on her economic message.

Yes. I agree.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 09:03 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Quote:
I like your choice of those three, but wish that a woman wins the next election.

Both Elizabeth Warren and Kamala Harris so far, prove to be very strong candidates.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 09:21 pm
@Real Music,
Asking voters for party unity is an insult to the voters. Polls suggest that the Democrats can count on about 38% of the electorate... that isn't enough to win with party unity. Those voters who voted for Obama and then votes for Trump... those are the key voters.

The idea that voters owe their votes to the Democratic party is arrogant and annoying. If the Democrats come to voters with that attitude (again) they deserve to lose.

If party unity means that the outrage base should stop throwing mud at Joe Biden, then I would agree. But I don't think that is what you mean.

The Democrats should be working to earn my vote.
Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 09:29 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The Democrats should be working to earn my vote.

I disagree.

The democrats focus is to get as many votes they can get.

That may or may not include your vote.

It's not possible to please everyone.
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 09:32 pm
@Real Music,
Obama directly asked for my vote, I gave it enthusiastically. Obama worked for every vote. Clinton felt like she was entitled to my vote.

We all know what happened.
Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 09:41 pm
@maxdancona,
If you are saying that the candidate should get out there and earn as many votes from as many people as they can, I agree. Every candidate should get out there and earn those votes. That's not news.

If you are saying that the candidate has to be in line with you on a particular issue, that is not the same as earning your vote.

If you and the candidate are in a disagreement on a particular issue, that has absolutely nothing to do with earning your vote. It's not possible to please every voter in America on every issue. That is simply not being realistic.

All the candidate can do is earn as many votes as he or she can get, knowing that they cannot possibly please everyone.

Just because a candidate can't agree with you on every issue, doesn't mean they aren't trying to earn your vote.

Sometimes there's just going to be disagreements.

It's up to you to vote for the candidate that is more in line with your views, even if you don't agree with them on everything.
RABEL222

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 09:50 pm
@Ragman,
It didn't disqualify Trump, so any crazy person can run if he can convince the other crazes to vote for him.
0 Replies

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 10:00 pm
@Real Music,
Of course. I am not saying that a candidate needs to agree with me on every issue. If that were the case I would never vote for anyone.

It does mean that they shouldn't insult me, they shouldn't make ad hominem attacks against people on the other side of an issue.

The Clinton campaign was incredibly insulting to anyone who disagreed on abortion rights or guns or any number of issues. This meant she lost votes that Obama won because he treated voters with respect.

The core of the Democratic party is filled with self-righteous idealogues who are more eager to insult people than build coalitions or solve problems.

We need another Obama. The outraged left base wants another Clinton
Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 10:39 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
It does mean that they shouldn't insult me, they shouldn't make ad hominem attacks against people on the other side of an issue.
If that is the way you feel, then that's your right.

Quote:
The Clinton campaign was incredibly insulting to anyone who disagreed on abortion rights or guns or any number of issues. This meant she lost votes that Obama won because he treated voters with respect.
I disagree with your particular assertions.
Yes, I do believe that Clinton made mistakes on how she ran her campaign.
I also believe her biggest mistake was taking Michigan and Pennsylvania for granted.
She should have put more time and resources campaigning in Michigan and Pennsylvania.
I also believe that Russian interference had a negative effect on her campaign.
I just don't necessarily agree with the assertions you are making.

Quote:
The core of the Democratic party is filled with self-righteous idealogues who are more eager to insult people than build coalitions or solve problems.
On this particular point I disagree with your assertion.

Quote:
We need another Obama.
I too am a fan of Obama

Quote:
The outraged left base wants another Clinton
First of all, I don't have any problem with Hillary Clinton.
I happily voted for Clinton.
She lost and I moved on.
You do know that Hillary Clinton is not running this time?
maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 10:45 pm
@Real Music,
Hillary lost an election against Donald Trump, arrogant prick who was liked by about a third of the electorate. Many voters weren't voting for Trump, they were voting against Clinton. I voted for Hillary Clinton, and I hated myself for it. I don't know if you realize how disgusted many Americans outside of the liberal bubble felt about Hillary Clinton.

The Democrats had damn well better learn from the failed Hillary Clinton campaign. Of course she isn't running... but the Democrats deserve to lose if they put up another entitled, arrogant candidate who insults voters.
Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 10:51 pm
@maxdancona,
I am not one of those persons who like to rehash Hillary Clinton's campaign.
As, I already stated:
I happily voted for Hillary Clinton.
She lost and I moved on.
Why people can't move on baffles me.
0 Replies

Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 10:54 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The Democrats had damn well better learn from the failed Hillary Clinton campaign. Of course she isn't running... but the Democrats deserve to lose if they put up another entitled, arrogant candidate who insults voters.

As long as the eventual nominee does all the work and actually earn the nomination,
then there won't be any entitlement.
Then the entitlement argument will not exist.

maxdancona

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 11:19 pm
@Real Music,
I am pretty sure you understand what I mean by the word "entitled" in reference to the Clinton campaign. Voters found her arrogant and condescending. My impression as a voter is that she felt I owed her my vote.

I would like to stop talking about Clinton (you keep dragging me back).

My point is that the outraged left core of the Democratic party needs to be kept on check if the nominee is going to win in the general election.
Real Music

Reply Wed 10 Jul, 2019 11:32 pm
@maxdancona,
You are welcome to your opinion about this outrage left you keep bringing up.

Regardless of our differences, I think we can both agree that the ultimate goal is to defeat Trump in the general election.
maxdancona

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 07:03 am
@Real Music,
The ultimate goal of what? I think defeating Trump is important but it isn't a very good ultimate.goal. The election should be about something positive.

I keep going.back to Obama, because he did it right. His campaign was inclusive. It reached out beyond the ideological bubble. It was about far more than defeating George Bush.

I don't like what the Democrats have become.
Real Music

Reply Thu 11 Jul, 2019 09:45 am
@maxdancona,
Quote:
The ultimate goal of what? I think defeating Trump is important but it isn't a very good ultimate.goal. The election should be about something positive.

I keep going.back to Obama, because he did it right. His campaign was inclusive. It reached out beyond the ideological bubble. It was about far more than defeating George Bush.

I don't like what the Democrats have become.

I already stated that at the present time, in no particular order, I like Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden, and Kamala Harris.
I also stated that because it is so early in the process, that my opinions of these three candidates as well as the other candidates are subject to change.

I have three very specific questions for you.
Of course, you have the right to either answer the questions or not answer the questions.
That is your right.

1. Are you implying that neither of these three candidates are running on something positive?

2. Are you implying that neither of these three candidates are inclusive?

3. Are you saying that you don't like what any of these three democrats have become?

All of my questions are in reference to these three candidates.
Joe Biden, Elizabeth Warren, and Kamala Harris.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 05/08/2024 at 08:21:25