September urban summer

Reply Sat 6 Jul, 2019 09:53 pm
September urban summer

The group of four boys sat gathered on the placed bench used for taking an outdoor photograph that still to this day remain silent – or in someone's belonging. The melon september sun colored the grass and everything in it's way into a light yellow melon tone. The strong breeze shook the trees – like a primate were swinging though it's branches. One of the boys with the wrist watch – is missing. Where is he? There is also another group of people, but their identity is still missing to this day. The apartment complex is still silent – and still as depressing as it were back then. In the air airplanes are returning to the airport. One of the boys shouts: ”Look at how crazy the planes are acting – what the 'heck is going on?”.
One of the boys replies: ”I don't know maybe there's a scary robbery on the landing strip!”. The other boy continues: ”It's been going on for a while now, maybe 20 minutes.”. The boy continues ”Look how strange the planes are looking, it looks like they're flying to Colombia or South America, they're green and yellow, black and white!”. The boy continues almost compulsory or is obsessed, or in an ecstatic state: ”I wouldn't mind a vaction right now, somewhere warm or exotic”. The other boy replies ”Where?”. But they're interrupted by another two people who's also boys. They greet eachother, but the boy – is now in focus. One of the boys asks the other: ”What have you guys been up to?”.
The old boy replies: ”Nothing, we've been talking about the planes and why they're acting weird. They look like they're returning from their path to the airport – and they look very exotic”. The boy replies: ”Have you ever been on vacation?”. The boy shakes his head and stares into the ground. It seems that he's in a depressed mood or – is angry. His friend is very good looking – and got a fancy watch on his wrist. Maybe he got it as a present on a summer vacation – like many in their class used to do. Either during the summer holiday or on the same week as their birthday. The majority of the children are born in the same month of the year, the other half the other part of the year. And the remaining are born on individual months.
But as soon as the breeze dissapears they boy has to leave abruptly. The boy excuses himself: ”Sorry boys, but I have to leave – goodbaby!”. The boy runs away to the end of the park and sits behind a bush and rests in the hot warm september sun, next to the silent and depressed apartment complex. If I ever see a mailman in this neighbourhood I will give you a nickel, the boy thinks for himself. By the other side of the park some of the children are playing football, after a while one of the boy's classmate sees him and runs up to him – along with him another friend. The boy asks: ”Do you know if there's some water with us?”. One of the friend replies ”I don't know – I don't think so”.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 1,929 • Replies: 1
No top replies

winningwriters

Reply Fri 30 Aug, 2019 02:40 am
@TooFriendly112,
I like this a lot, it seems realistic. Reminds me of reading Stephen King -- It, for example
0 Replies