Friendly Advice To Religious Fundamentalists

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 08:55 am
One day I will die. If there is a judgment, I will be judged by Christ, or God, or Allah or whoever's in charge. No one knows for sure.

One thing that can be stated absolutely though is that if there is a judgement it won't be done by you.

So may I suggest in the most kind way I can.....Why not get a head start on the inevitable which is that you don't and won't have a damn thing to do with judging me or anyone else. You know, try it on, practice it a little, get used to it?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,068 • Replies: 37
No top replies

material girl

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 08:59 am
Very nicely put.

Wouldnt it be great if its all made up and we never get judged at any point in life, or death.

Or

What if its the complete opposite and we judged throughout our entire lives!!

But I like what yuo said and Im gon do my best to remember it.

BVT for President!!!Id vote for ya.
0 Replies

Marquis de Carabas

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 11:27 pm
Re: Friendly Advice To Religious Fundamentalists
blueveinedthrobber wrote:
One thing that can be stated absolutely though is that if there is a judgement it won't be done by you.

Can you really be sure?

How do you know that I am not in fact God in disguise... really really good disguise. Like, James Bond, good disguise... Cough, cough.

We done here?
0 Replies

tommrr

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 12:57 am
Re: Friendly Advice To Religious Fundamentalists
One day I will die. If there is a judgment, I will be judged by Christ, or God, or Allah or whoever's in charge. No one knows for sure.

So may I suggest in the most kind way I can.....Why not get a head start on the inevitable which is that you don't and won't have a damn thing to do with judging me or anyone else. You know, try it on, practice it a little, get used to it?

Though it pains me to say this, I agree 100%
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 02:14 am
tommrr-Its a fabulous statement isnt it.So clear and precise.A nice 'up yours' to planetary religion.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:04 am
BVT, are they judging you, or are they trying to help you see the error of your ways before it's too late?
0 Replies

benjamino

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:22 am
it being an error is only a point of view though. i think the only person we get judged by at the end is ourselves, that's the only one that metters to me anyway
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:15 am
but if the religious person thinks he is right beyond a shadow of a doubt (and I've not met many who don't) then from thier perspective it's not a point of view but "the path to salvation"
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 12:18 pm
Eorl wrote:
BVT, are they judging you, or are they trying to help you see the error of your ways before it's too late?

either way it's uninvited, unasked for, unwanted, and unbecoming.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 12:47 pm
benjamino wrote:
it being an error is only a point of view though. i think the only person we get judged by at the end is ourselves, that's the only one that metters to me anyway

Hear hear . . . the sanest comment so far . . .
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 12:52 pm
The path to salvation doesnt lay on my shoulders, so get off....
-

I agree with you btv.. it is annoying, and the arrogance people have about thier religion is sickening.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:56 am
Eorl wrote:

either way it's uninvited, unasked for, unwanted, and unbecoming.

Unless they actually succeed (as they sometimes do), in which case you'd suddenly be grateful, understanding and forgiving, and become "aware" that your new-found god had arranged it all in the first place just to get your attention.

Sometimes I feel like the only "hardcore" atheist who has any empathy for the basic "goodness" behind the motives so many theists.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:09 am
So now I'm an atheist?
I'm a Christian and in this sense. I believe in the Judeo-Christian God and I believe He sent Jesus to guide us.
I believe I will be judged by Jesus one day, and I'm sure He's capable of doing a good job, and I'm also sure He knows me and my heart better than I do myself.
The arrogance that "Christians" display is overwhelming. The message given to them by no less a person than Christ Himself was "Love one another". He even specifically said that all the other commandments were tied up in and could be reduced to that one. Period.
Somebody wasn't listening.
I sure hope that when some of these holier than thou folks get to heaven that their mansions are right next door to the trailer park where I and some other not as good Christians reside. I'll be the one with the long hair, the tattoos and the big truck tire painted white in the front yard with Sunflowers growing in it.
So step off.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:20 am
BVT im impressed by your seriousness of this subject.You usually give the impression you are nooky mad!!

I agree with you as far as religion goes but as for judgeing in general I dont think it can be helped.
I judge people and if they cheese me off I let them know.
Whether judgeing in our head or out loud we still do it.Its human nature.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:27 am
Nooky mad? Me? The picture of civility and reasoned debate? Are you f**king nuts? Shocked Don't make too much of it. I assure you that at my core, I'm a morally bankrupt dumb ass. :wink:

I'm not angry or anything, I'm just making an observation. I have my moments when I judge people as well. I try not to but I do.

I am required to answer to God one day, and if I get caught breaking the law, I am required to answer to the courts. Everyone else can mind their own.

And I'm not talking about me in particular here, I'm speaking of judgement and people in general.
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:35 am
I'm not sure I did accuse you of being an atheist BVT, and it doesn't really change my point.

If anything I may have more respect for those who care enough for my soul to try to help me, than I do for those like you who don't seem to care.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:40 am
Eorl wrote:
I'm not sure I did accuse you of being an atheist BVT, and it doesn't really change my point.

If anything I may have more respect for those who care enough for my soul to try to help me, than I do for those like you who don't seem to care.

ahhh. the insult in the velvet glove. How very Christian of you. I'm sure Jesus has just ordered a new wing of the agape love building put up and named it "The Eorl Wing" Laughing
0 Replies

Eorl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:50 am
Smile nice come-back.

I really didn't mean to be insulting. I guess I'm just suggesting maybe you (and everybody else) are judging them a little harshly if you don't understand what their real motives are, but assume it's always arrogance. (and once again I find myself arguing on the side of my "opposition" in the name of tolerance)

Obviously my own position has a healthy measure of arrogance ... as does your by assuming the "christians" are wrong!
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:50 am
What if I ignore God/Jesus and move out of the judgement queue when I die.Can i just go play on the clouds?

If its wrong for us to judge why would God judge us.

If we go to hell do we still get judged?
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 07:56 am
I'm not trying to pick a fight. I'm also not assuming that Christians are wrong. Interesting though, that when I speak of people who judge where it's not their place(that's who I'm talking about) that YOU assume I'm judging Christians.

I by no means think this applies to all Christians, although I will say it applies to a disproportionate amount of them today IMO, especially those who choose to tie their faith to politics.
0 Replies