Canon MP700 Multifunction Printer

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:03 pm
Yesterday, my Canon MP700 Multifunction Printer, Scanner and Copier started to squeal whenever I printed something. It sounds like metal grinding on metal. Besides the "sound effects", the printer works well. Anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 658 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Tue 21 Jun, 2005 05:59 am
Very Strange. I had had a lot of problems with the noises. It was getting worse, but the printer still printed perfectly.

Anhow, I called Dell, who told me to call Canon. I called Canon, who said that since I was past my warrantee, I would have to pay for service. I looked at my warrantee from Dell, and then discovered, that unlike the rest of the Dell package, my warrantee, which was good until 2007, was for replacement only, and had been farmed out to a third party.

In other words, I would have to pay about forty bucks to ship it to a third party. Once the unit was replaced, the warrantee was off. So if the third party sent me a dud, I was screwed. I know now that I will, in the future, buy my peripheral equipment from the people who make them!

Anyhow, I just sat on my hands with this. And guess what? A couple of days ago, the screeching stopped! Shocked
0 Replies

timberlandko

Reply Thu 23 Jun, 2005 06:00 pm
Almost any good office supply store or website should have the Kensington-Dot Manufacturing PrintexPlus Inkjet Printer Cleaner Sheets. Give those a try, if you wanna spend around $10-$15 (more-or-less, depending on shipping) to clean up the printer's paper path and printing heads. I use 'em - seem to work for me.
0 Replies