What's the deal with the Pop-Up ads on A2K!

Craven de Kere

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:49 pm
I had not been aware that I was not part of "anyone".
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 09:59 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
I was responding to dlowan, who really should have started her own thread for reasons obvious now (it get's confusing to track two separate issues in one thread).

I didn't start a new thread, because I thought your explanation as cited on this one covered it, and I was just sort of going "aha - THAT's what it is!" - not asking for help.

I guess it is an audio, mebbe?

It opens on the right hand side of the screen - and is like a movie of the damned frog thing with very loud music.

Would it help if I clicked on it and got the site it leads you to?

Or if I DID open a new thread? I am quite happy to do so.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:11 pm
In answer to the ads question, Glitterbag, I am not only unworried by the ads here - (the ones that Craven approves, I mean) - I am very glad to see them - since I enjoy the forum and like to see its enabling life blood flowing.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:13 pm
Bemused, and
be quiet, osso.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 14 Jul, 2005 10:17 pm
Quite right, too, Osso. I am a twit.

The frog has a wee froggy wienie - which for some reason is covered with a black square on the ad here - but is suffered to wave freely on the TV ads for the wretched thing!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 04:44 am
That noisy frog side ad. drives me crazy! Mad I've had to turn my sound off, too. Very intrusive.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 05:02 am
I think it might be the Jamster ad. I was just referring to. There seems to be another (thankfully) soundless one there at the moment. Very Happy
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 05:44 am
Glitterbag?

Glitterbag????

Why, I haven't seen you in ages. Outside of the pop-ups, I hope you're doing well.

Downunder-ers: The little froggy weenie is squared out in our tv ads. Are you saying it's NOT in Aussie land? Good lawd! Next they'll be allowin' nipples and the whole country will go to hell!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 05:52 am
squinney wrote:
.. Downunder-ers: The little froggy weenie is squared out in our tv ads. Are you saying it's NOT in Aussie land? Good lawd! Next they'll be allowin' nipples and the whole country will go to hell!

Hello squinney! Very Happy

I honestly haven't a clue what the above statement means. (in relation to the A2K ad.) Not to worry, though.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 05:57 am
dlowan wrote:
The frog has a wee froggy wienie - which for some reason is covered with a black square on the ad here - but is suffered to wave freely on the TV ads for the wretched thing!

I was referring to dlowans post that indicated the censored frog isn't censored on tv ads in your location.

He is censored everywhere here.

Not that i'm interested in seeing a frog weenie, or anything. Just worried that your great land may eventually fall to fire if such is freely waved about.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:00 am
squinney wrote:
..Not that i'm interested in seeing a frog weenie, or anything. Just worried that your great land may eventually fall to fire if such is freely waved about.

I must start watching the commercial channels again, squinney! I've been missing out on some interesting stuff, obviously! Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:42 am
It is only a very wee wienie....

But, we do love to let our primary and secondary sexual characteristics loose here.

We let lots of stuff happen on TV that you guys censor!
0 Replies

glitterbag

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 12:52 pm
Hello Squinney, good to see you. How is the bear and all the little cubs? I no longer have email addresses for you folks, but mine is still the same. I still get great jokes from Corrie if you are interested.

Craven, I honestly don't have a clue what you are trying to tell me, other than the spyware information. If I have offended you in some way, I'm sorry. However, if you are simply letting me know you are "deep" in some fashion, good for you. Sadly, I am no longer in my 20's when I was incredibly smart and incredibly PC. I'm afraid life has beaten some of my earlier illusions out of me, still, I wouldn't go back even if I could. What some folks might think of as dull, has been a wonderful life experience for me. So, please don't think that I am trying to insult you, or that I am too dim to realize I may have. I don't want to fight with anyone, and you are working too hard on this site to take sidetrips on my behalf. I truly admire your willingness to take on this endeavor. I don't have the time or the skill to create something like this, so let me just pay you a compliment and let's forget about the pop-up's. Deal?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 03:50 pm
dlowan wrote:

I guess it is an audio, mebbe?

It opens on the right hand side of the screen - and is like a movie of the damned frog thing with very loud music.

Yeah, just audio. People use "pop up" in the non-tech meaning (i.e. appear) and it gets confusing.

I dislike audio ads and filter the ones I get to, but don't have the zero-tolerance for them like I do with popups.

Quote:
Would it help if I clicked on it and got the site it leads you to?

Nah, it's probably Jamster's stupid frog ringtone. If I find it I'll remove it.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 04:48 pm
It is indeed jamster's frog ringtone.

This thread has turned into one of the weirdest I have ever seen on A2k.

It is like a French misunderstanding farce of biblical proportions.

The odd thing is that I THINK I understand everyone. I just don't think it will hepl if I explain anyone to anyone else.
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:39 pm
Laughing
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 06:44 pm
Ah - Soz also understands everyone! Craven does, too, I am sure. (Only he doesn't know why I posted in the first place.)

Lol!
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:45 pm
In this case I think I understand everyone too - that was the source of my amusement earlier.

In the meantime I'm very satisfied with a2k.

As long as Tina doesn't start talking again...
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 07:55 pm
Ok - now you lost me - who the hell is Tina?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 15 Jul, 2005 08:26 pm
Hah, gotcha. And actually, once I caught on, she didn't bother me any more. Tina was a vocal component of - I think, if I remember rightly - a banner ad, in contrast to a side ad. Startled the hell out of me the first time I heard it! She was a presence here about a year ago...
0 Replies