The genders reversed?

Letty

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 06:27 am
Perhaps so, Cyracuz. It's still an open-ended thing, I guess.

The mind--the imagination--the emotions. All defy any attempt at research, I think.
0 Replies

Marquis de Carabas

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 11:23 pm
Re: The genders reversed?
Cyracuz wrote:
If we think about humans in terms of biology it is plain that the woman is the "original human form".

What gives you this incredibly bizarre notion?

Quote:
Because a woman is the blueprint, and all males have an addition to this blueprint.

We have a dangling sack, collection of macrophages and an elongated urethra. It's hardly a balcony overlooking the seafront.

Need I mention that women have about 3 more internal organs than men and the same number of external ones?

Quote:
you are a man, unless you have developed the additional chromosom, at wich point there shoud be an addition in your title.

Unless all women acquired downsyndrome whilst I wasn't paying attention they have no additional chromosomes. Whilst our species is indeed gender bimorphic we're not that different.

Quote:
If you don't have gender issues you'd sure get some then Smile

Not really, I have the marvellous fallback of "dude" and "chick" ready and waiting to use in such a nomenclative emergency.
0 Replies

AngeliqueEast

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:27 am
Interesting
0 Replies

-FreeLancer-

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:33 am
This is really an interesting topic.

The war of the sexes has been going on since the beginning of time. I wonder where we stand today, on a world-wide scale. Let's not forget that the way we think today has been influenced by centuries of history where men were the dominating species. Why is that? And I didn't mention the parts of the world where it applies even today…

To make the debate interesting, I'd have to mention the Da Vinci Code, where the problem is thoroughly explained… but maybe I'll take this to the Books forum…
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:59 am
Marquis de Carabas wrote:
Quote:
What gives you this incredibly bizarre notion?

The fact that all humans are females in the first few weeks after it is concieved. I saw a tv program about a woman who was actually a man. That is, she has the genes of a man, so after those first few weeks in the womb, the switch went on, and the development of testosteron should trigger the male sex organs. But there was a flaw in her system, her body didn't react to testosteron, so she became a woman after all. That gave me that "incredibly bizarre" notion.

Also, ever since scientists figured out how to impregnate an egg cell using ordinairy body cells, the male is no longer neccesary for the spawning of new children. Of course, with body cells from females impregnating egg cells it would never become a man.

So women can make children without men, but men can't do it without women. Not yet anyway.
0 Replies

-FreeLancer-

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:29 am
So you're saying that the fact that someone is a woman/man is a bizarre accident? or coincidence?

I think it has more to do with how you see yourself... there are many cases of a woman trapped in a man's body or vice-versa. Of course, education and how people treat you, especially during your childhood plays a major role.

It's just like any other physical characteristic we have... it depends on how you... ahem... put it to use Laughing
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 08:34 am
No, it's predetermined what sex you will be. But even if you are predetermined to become a man, you are still a woman first.

I have not taken mental issues into consideration. Only physical.
0 Replies

-FreeLancer-

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:01 pm
If you don't take the mental issues into consideration then the fact that we are all women first is irrelevant.

Following the same principle, we are all stardust first.... The important issue is what we become...
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 09:29 am
Freelancer wrote:
Quote:
If you don't take the mental issues into consideration then the fact that we are all women first is irrelevant.

No. You started talking about how you see yourself, about women trapped in men's bodies, education and childhood events, and that is irrelevant. Before any of that can take place your body has to be developed. You need to be born first. I am talking pre-birth. Biology, not psychology.

The things you mention are merely results of a flawed perception of reality.
0 Replies

-FreeLancer-

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 11:23 am
What I was saying was that pre-birth is not relevant. Like I said, we are all stardust first. Why is it important that biologically, before we develop psychologically, we are all women?

It makes no difference. If we dig down even further, we are all hydrogen, oxygen, carbon and a trace of other elements....
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Sat 28 May, 2005 07:52 am
Quote:
What I was saying was that pre-birth is not relevant. Like I said, we are all stardust first. Why is it important that biologically, before we develop psychologically, we are all women?

Not relevant? Physical development of gender was the intention of this thread. I should know. I started it. On this basis alone did the idea come of the genders reversed. But it's more of a semantics thing I guess.

By your logic we were all stardust. I can relate to that, although it is a different discussion. But if I was stardust at some point, I am still stardust now. Or I am a gathering of elements, like you said. But as such I go through many stages, and my desire in this thread was to focus on the post concievment/ pre birth stage.

I'd be happy to discuss the other stages with you. I just wanted to clarify my intentions with this thread.
0 Replies