What is "Live Updater" and why do I constantly get pop-up windows about it on my PC?

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 07:01 pm
Hi. I get a blue pop-up window with white text that shows up on my PC screen for something called "Live Updater". What is that?

The pop-up says:

"Live Updater
The new version is ready to be installed.
Install updates"

What is "Live Updater"? Is this a program I need? Was this a program that came with my PC or was this something was installed when I added new programs to my PC?

I wish I could make a screenshot of the pop-up window so you people could see what I am talking about, but I don't know how to do that. I tried making a screenshot of it but couldn't.

Please help- thank you.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 4 • Views: 9,400 • Replies: 8
Topic Closed
No top replies

maxdancona

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 07:56 pm
@JGoldman10,
Do you have an Acer laptop?

This is the name of a a pre-installed Acer appliction that some people find annoying. It is supposed to help keep your system up-to-date by updating your software for you.

There are instructions on the Internet to disable it.
JGoldman10

Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:33 pm
@maxdancona,
No, I have an Acer desktop computer- a flat-screen PC. Is that exclusive to Acer computer owners?
tsarstepan

Wed 26 Jun, 2019 07:45 am
@JGoldman10,
How old is your computer? What version of Windows are you running on it? I expect it's too old a computer that both Microsoft or Acer aren't supporting it any longer. Making this feature an unnecessary and broken burden on your system.

Quote:
[Y]ou can uninstall Live Updater from your computer by using the Add/Remove Program feature in the Window's Control Panel.

1.On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen's bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
2.When you find the program Live Updater, click it, and then do one of the following:
Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
3.Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Live Updater.

All things being said, if your computer is much newer than what it might seem to be.... A newish Windows 10 computer, you probably shouldn't be negligent on keeping your OS uptodate (many OS updates include really important security fixes and such).
JGoldman10

Wed 26 Jun, 2019 10:30 pm
@tsarstepan,
I'm not sure how old it is off-hand, but it's an Acer model that's powered by Windows 8.1.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Sat 29 Jun, 2019 08:54 am
@tsarstepan,
Anything else you want to know about my PC?
0 Replies

GregR20

Wed 25 Aug, 2021 07:47 am
@JGoldman10,
Hello! I have these (Edit Moderator: Link removed ) Dell 5379 with winows 10. Can you just turn off the "live updater" serviese?
0 Replies

AnderPit

Tue 21 Dec, 2021 09:02 am
@JGoldman10,
This is a normal winvos update
tsarstepan

Tue 21 Dec, 2021 10:19 pm
@AnderPit,
AnderPit wrote:

This is a normal winvos update

Winvos must be a $dollar store knockoff OS of Microsoft Windows 11.
0 Replies