Does anyone here have any channels on any web hosting sites (YouTube, Metacafe, Dailymotion, etc.)?

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 11:44 pm
Hi. I am interested in producing web videos. I want to produce animation and comics that I want to showcase in video form on as many video hosting sites (YouTube, Metacafe, Dailymotion, etc.) as I can, on as many social media sites (Facebook, Twitter, etc.), on as many artist/writer community sites (DeviantArt, etc.) as a can, in video form and/or in as many other formats, and on as many online platforms as I can.

I have channels set up on YouTube, Metacafe and Dailymotion, but no videos showcased on them.

Does anyone here on Able2know have any channels set up on any video sharing sites (YouTube, Metacafe, Dailymotion, etc.)?

I have questions about making and showcasing web videos, monetizing them, generating views for them, etc.

I posted this thread recently about web video monetization:

https://able2know.org/topic/518107-1

No one has responded to it yet. Please help- thank you.

• Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,533 • Replies: 17
No top replies

tsarstepan

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 02:24 pm
@JGoldman10,
I hate to pull off the proverbial bandaid for you. You still don't know much about the general a2k member. I would find it safe to say that ... there are no active members on a2k that have any related channels that you've mention above.

Technically, I have a YouTube channel with four miserably random videos I've created. But I can't say it's a legitimate creator channel that you are looking for (advice wise).

YouTube will no longer allow creators to make money until they reach 10,000 views
That's 10k views in total for the channel (not per individual video... though that would easily help).
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 05:43 pm
@tsarstepan,
Okay. You're one person with a web channel. Thank you for answering.

Why didn't you post your response at my other thread?

Last I checked, as I mentioned in the other thread, on YouTube you can earn $1-$5/1,000 views per video and on Dailymotion and Metacafe you can earn $5/1,000 views per video.

Is this still true, or has this changed?
chai2

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 08:34 pm
@JGoldman10,
Are you seriously asking if something you said at the beginning of June is still true, or if it's changed....like in the last 2 and a half weeks?

Plus, putting up 4 videos that according to tsar, were flops, does not exactly make you a web channel master.

Serious inquiry. Why don't you find a site where there are actually people who do what you are interested in?

Not saying you aren't welcome here, but it's glaringly obvious no one here is into what you're talking about, as far as making videos, etc.

Get a clue.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 10:31 pm
Crap- I messed this thread up. I meant to ask:

Does anyone here have any channels on any video hosting sites (YouTube, Metacafe, Dailymotion, etc.)?

FIXED.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 10:35 pm
@chai2,
Chai, don't be rude. I have never posted ANY videos on ANY channels on ANY video hosting sites, or posted any videos ANYWHERE else online.

I don't know if monetization on video hosting sites has changed since I last did research on this. Seriously.
chai2

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 10:46 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'm not being rude. You're not listening to what is being said.

You asked if anyone here.....

and the answer is no.

The last time you talked about monetization here was the beginning of June of this year, and the answer hasn't changed from that time.

Again, why aren't you engaging in places where people actually do what you are talking about? It's not here.
JGoldman10

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 10:55 pm
@chai2,
Do what? Make web videos? I have not made ANY web videos. I don't even know what tools, equipment and resources I need to make them, despite haven't accounts on a few video hosting sites.
chai2

Reply Mon 24 Jun, 2019 11:43 pm
@JGoldman10,
I have not said you did.

I have said that the people on this forum don't either, so we don't have the information to give you.

You should go onto a forum or site that has people there that has the information you want.

You can keep asking the question here, and the answer will always be we don't know.

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 01:17 am
@chai2,
TSAR is the only person who has responded to this thread, who has made web videos. I'll ask him what tools, equipment and resources he used to make his.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:04 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

TSAR is the only person who has responded to this thread, who has made web videos. I'll ask him what tools, equipment and resources he used to make his.

You're simultaneously over-reading into and not reading enough into my posts.

If you bothered to just glance at my channel, they just cell phone videos I made just to post to Facebook and I decided to repost them on YouTube as well. I have no intention of becoming a video creator beyond this and I would be pretty embarrassed if these unpolished videos went were seen as an attempt for monetization.

I really don't consider my channel to be some kind of model for future creators because it never was meant to be anything more than playing around with nothing at stake.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 06:07 am
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

Do what? Make web videos? I have not made ANY web videos. I don't even know what tools, equipment and resources I need to make them, despite haven't accounts on a few video hosting sites.

You have a smart phone and a laptop? Or a DSLR? Or a point and shoot camera and a home computer? Start with that. There are far more resources on this subject on YouTube than here at a2k (where they are statistically near zero...).
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 09:42 am
@tsarstepan,
tsarstepan wrote:

JGoldman10 wrote:

You're simultaneously over-reading into and not reading enough into my posts.

If you bothered to just glance at my channel, they just cell phone videos I made just to post to Facebook and I decided to repost them on YouTube as well.

Okay. How did you repost them to YouTube?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 10:00 am
@JGoldman10,
Simply upload them using the upload button.
https://i.imgur.com/YqFMTKC.jpg
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 10:06 am
@tsarstepan,
Okay. What's a DSLR?
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:10 am
@JGoldman10,
A digital SLR or Single-lens reflex camera? For someone who desperately is chomping at the bit to start a YouTube channel, you seem underprepared in what the basics are. I know you're more animation focused but you seem to be not just behind the proverbial 8 ball in terms of starting a YouTube or other channel but a metric ton of 8 balls.
tsarstepan

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:12 am
@tsarstepan,
I mean... what do you plan on showcasing on your channel? Your animated works? Tutorials or film reviews? ASMR videos? Unboxing videos? Etc...?

Perhaps you should start here first. Make an outline or a plan on how and what your channel will be like. Start setting up a Twitter or Instagram or other social media accounts to be associated with this channel.
JGoldman10

Reply Tue 25 Jun, 2019 11:38 am
@tsarstepan,
I would like to have videos of Flash cartoons I made and video showcases of original comics I made on my channels.
0 Replies