How do you feel about the Russians wanting to launch "space billboards" up in space as soon as 2021?

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 02:46 pm
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

I have no idea, but with the state of the Russian economy I doubt they'd be wasting money on something like this.

Yeah, I think it's just speculation floating around too.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 02:50 pm
@JGoldman10,
I wouldn't expect you to agree with me.

I'm sure those individuals are nice people.

It's the principle that gets me. You don't link aid to religion, or try to convert people in their hour of need.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 02:57 pm
@izzythepush,
Christian missionaries go to foreign countries to preach the Gospel AND to help as many people as they can.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 03:01 pm
@JGoldman10,
I'll take your word for it. They won't be getting a penny off me.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 03:16 pm
@JGoldman10,
JGoldman10 wrote:

I don't agree with what you said about Christian missionaries.

There is this one White American couple I know of who are Christian missionaries and live and work in Haiti.

FIXED.
izzythepush

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 03:35 pm
@JGoldman10,
I had a friend whose mother was an evangelical. His father was a scientist who invented a cheap reusable device for turning dirty water into clean drinking water.

He ended up divorcing his wife over a massive row when she told him he was wasting his time saving their lives when he should be trying to save their souls.

And I'm not saying certain Christian missionaries don't do a good job, but there's people like my mate's mum involved in it, and people like that have no place in secular aid charities.

I don't believe religion, any religion, I'd feel the same about Atheism, should be linked to aid.
JGoldman10

Reply Sat 22 Jun, 2019 07:09 pm
@izzythepush,
Okay, but we are going off on tangents here.
0 Replies