Thighs

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 08:39 am
How can I get rid of my flabby thighs? The rest of my body is toned and fit, but my thighs are fat and wobbly! Please help!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 1,106 • Replies: 10
No top replies

brimstone

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:18 pm
Anyone help?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 04:28 pm
Are you lifting weights? That's step one...for all your muscle groups, not just legs.

Just remember you can't target fat loss to certain parts of your body. You need to lower your overall body fat percentage, or BMI. This is accomplished by maintaining/building muscle while losing fat. Running and cardio machines alone won't do this. For example, some people think doing the stairmaster is only going to "tone" their legs...no, it burns calories, isn't really going to "tone" anything. You have to do weights.

Kick it up a couple notches with working out and diet. Get your bodyfat tested and work on improving that.
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 05:56 pm
Thankz
0 Replies

bearsmackers

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 09:16 pm
yeah, I think weights will do well for you. Try to do alot of walking and take the stairs every chance you get. You well definitely feel more toned.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 19 Jun, 2005 09:52 pm
My most fabulous legs:

I lived on the beach and there was this 'retaining wall' so cars full of drunken Cajuns wouldn't careen off the beach road and crash into beachgoers...

So, the concrete wall was about six or seven inches wide and about two feet high. I used to walk beside it as exercise...but increasingly, too many perverts were parked beside the retaining wall masturbating, which screwed up my path, so one day, I just hopped up on the top of the retaining wall. I thought I would work on my balance and catch a better breeze...

After a month, I noticed high muscular definition of my inner thighs, (my top thigh muscle was already good), and after another few weeks, my outer thighs were toning as well.

I guessed later it was the motion of my leg with ever step--in order to walk on a narrow 'ledge' you have to use all your leg muscles to take each step. (Hard to explain...)

The problem is going up stairs or just walking only works a couple of sets of muscles. You want to repetitively work the inner and outer thighs.

Another one is the leg lift--but, some people say this BULKS the inner thighs instead of trims. (You know, you lay on your side and repetitively lift the upper leg...)

If you can't find some 6 inch wide precipice to daily threaten your life with--find a place with a pattern that is 6 inches wide and don't step outside of it. You won't be very aware that you have to do an almost imperceptible 'swing around' of each leg to position your foot back in the 6 inch space. It's a great leg work out!

Good luck!
0 Replies

brimstone

Reply Sat 9 Jul, 2005 04:51 pm
Thank you Lash and Bearsmackers
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 01:40 am
I'm also having the same problem. I'm slim and toned everywhere else but my thighs. (I just noticed this) I started going for bike rides almost everyday...although it's been raining here lots, so kinda hard to keep it up. Is there any other advise other then what has already been given?

Slappy, you seem to know alot about this stuff, so when riding my bike, would I be better off to have it in high gear or low gear as far as burning more?
And I usually do some weight lifting aswell to keep my arms "buff".....lol.....I just don't see how lifting weights for my arms could help lose fat in my thighs.....I dunno, but what i do know is that I tone up fast, so is anything else out there good for burning off fatty icky thighs?

Thanks.
0 Replies

flushd

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 08:04 pm
If you are a woman, you may naturally gather some more flub in the thighs.
Belly, tris, thighs, and butts seem to be fat-collectors for women. You may never have the thighs you want, but work it and see good results.

Slappy has good advice. Most women don't hit the weights hard enough.
It is frickin hard to gain muscle mass. Work every major muscle group regularly and don't forget the little muscles! Learn anatomy and push, push, push. Razz

Sprints and hill-running will kick up your thighs and butt like nothing else. Maybe try that as well. And swimming is fantastic for all-over muscle toning.

p.s. Don't forget to stretch before and after. It'll make your work go a lot further.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sat 8 Oct, 2005 09:23 pm
Drat it, flushd. I was just going to mention that the girls usually have an uphill battle in those areas.
0 Replies

InTraNsiTiOn

Reply Sun 9 Oct, 2005 11:35 am
Thanks flushd and roger.

There are lots of hills here, so perhaps give that a whirl, i've already got weights, and stretching, yes, I should start doing that!

It's just weird, for those of you who have seen some of my pics, I have bigger mucsles on my arms then the average male........doesn't work well with flabby thighs.....hehe.......

Thanks again!
0 Replies