I need a new name for my blog.

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 10:22 am
You know me, at least you know the cyberspace me. You know something about cyberspace too which makes this the perfect query that it is. Please help me name my blog. I am ashamed to say this but, out of necessity and anxiety and just wanting to get started with the damned thing, I named it "Joe Nation's New York City Notebook".. .. Yup. Dull as dishwater. It's what happens when a geezerhead like me is pressed into being creative about something.

And yes, I am well aware of the irony of me asking for a creative name for something I am supposed to be creating, but there it is.

Wait. You know what?

Never mind.

Wait. Never mind my blog, what do you think are the good blogs (whether their names are hip or not)??

Joe(should I change the title of this thread?)Nation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,148 • Replies: 13
No top replies

Bekaboo

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:00 am
Well I can't complain - mine's called 'Becca's place!! Because it was the default name when lovely lovely Tom first set me up and i can't be bothered to edit!!

The only blog i read, apart from mine and Tom's (my best mate) is one by a guy at warwick university which when i first encountered it was called A Perfectly Formed Studbiscuit, is currently Once You've Had Mat, You'll Never Go Back although it has also been The King of Wales and Mat is Love

The guy's funny - kinda political, kinda male-uni-student-humour Very Happy
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Fri 20 May, 2005 11:03 am
I haven't progressed to blog reading yet, but I know I'd read yours, Joe. The plain name you already picked is fine with me. NYCN, sorta catchy.
0 Replies

mona56

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:16 pm
I kind of just read through your stuff, but god, some of your stories are really amazing. I like what you're doing. Its nice to now that there are other people out there that appriciate the beauty of life and human connections, as well as just observing what a lot of people commonly overlook. I can't think of a great title, and maybe by just reading a few entries I didn't grasp your whole message, but I was thinking something like "everybody knows everything" or "the beauty in common occurances" or something along those lines... although reading those now they sound pretty bad (and far away from pertaining to you, although that didn't seem to be what you were going for).... but anyway I'll leave those for you to possibly work with or discard, but thanks for the beautiful words anyhow.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 05:48 pm
Understatement rarely goes stale. May your chronicle cover many, many years.
0 Replies

Merry Andrew

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:13 pm
Blogs ain't my bag. I already spend wayyy too much time browsing A2K several times a day. This surfing has got to stop somewhere. But, since you asked my advice, Joe, I'd title it simply Joe's Blog. Nice and terse and to the point.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:40 pm
Simple as a shot of vodka, as clear too.

Hmmm.

Then I could write about New Jersey too....

Thanks.

I'm thinking about that..

Joe(What? I can't hear you over the clatter of ice cubes.)Nation
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:56 pm
Hmmm. I still like the NYCN choice. Nice and crisp.

Notes from

... now why does that sound familiar? (I mean it, I don't know why, except maybe notes from the underground..)

What did Janet Flanner title her NYer pieces?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 06:57 pm
Notes from City Reporter (?)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 07:07 pm
Noddy, did you read The Man in the White Dress?

~~~~~~~~~

The name's perfect, isn't it?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 01:23 pm
ehBeth--

I've missed that title. Do you mean perfect for Joe?
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:45 pm
1. There is a story at JoeN's blog called The prey of the man in the white cotton dress.-- It reminded me, vividly, of the fella NOddy and I saw at Union Square and later in the Au Bon Pain off Union Square - in the sort of alt tutu and wig made out of cotton balls on strings.

2. I think the title of the blog is already 'right'. I 'hear' Joe there.

edit to fix the title of the story

p.m. to Mistress Noddylicious
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 06:56 pm
Obviously I have a blog to read.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 03:31 am
Very boring pictures and weekend thus far, posted.
0 Replies