...:::AWESOME BANDS:::...

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 07:13 am
PS: Gargamel's new jerk off poster is Adam Lambert....
Gargamel

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 10:45 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
Should I be embarrassed?

Besides, I always catch you staring dreamily at it as you smoke your cigarette just before we fall asleep Wink .
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 10:52 am
I love they way you run your fingers through my hairy back sweetie.
panzade

Reply Tue 8 Dec, 2009 11:06 am
@Bi-Polar Bear,
WTF? That was me!
0 Replies

GreenDay72271

Reply Sat 20 Feb, 2010 08:51 pm
Damn, you have good taste in music! Green Day is the best but The Clash, The Who, AC/DC, and Bowling for Soup would be on my list, and a lot others. I really like most of those bands! Have a good life, everyone!!!
0 Replies

RATMfan

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 02:39 pm
um....
Rage Against The Machine anyone?? come on!!
ive got 43 of their songs and i could just listen to all of them over and over and over.
they are music revolutionists: theyve 'created' and 'defined' their own genre. i really struggle to find any band like them, i mean, i had a good look at audioslave. yeah theyre good, but only because of chris cornells voice, other than that theyre just alright. they dont really have a drive like rage. With rage, they have so much passion in what they do and stand for. theyre the ultimate band, combining rap, hip hop, punk, funk, rock, heavy riffs and innovative sounds from tom morellos solos. all this comes from just four elements: vocals, guitar, bass and drums, nothing else.
zack de la rochas lyrics are so meaningful and passionate, have you ever seen him live? at the end of quite a lot of RATMs songs you can see him just crouching at the gtound, almost as if hes crying, he absolutely rages. they rage against corporate america, corrupt US government, corrupt police force, basically politics itself. the phrase "rage against the machine" can be derived from karl marx, writer of the communist-manifesto and founder of the marxism ideology. basically, he was talking about how people in society were becoming rebellious anarchists, rebelling against the government. "raging" against the machine is like "stickin it to the man". Rebelling against authority.
There is no other way i can describe this band without using the words 'pure passion'. you dont find many bands like that, especially not one like blink 182.

p.s: if anyone knows of any bands like RATM, please help me out. i really cant find any that do them justice.
aidan

Reply Sun 9 May, 2010 03:13 pm
@RATMfan,
I like Rage and Audioslave and can't really listen to Blink 182, But you know what's really interesting? If you listen to the vocal rap style on something like Regegades of Funk and compare it to the Sugarhill Gang's Rappers delight - it's so similar....they just added a whole lot of noise in the production of Rage's stuff.

I think the Sugarhill gang compares vocally to Rage:

This is my favorite audioslave song- and they sound like a cross between Pearl Jam and Stone Temple Pilots- everyone is influenced by someone:
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 05:48 pm
The Punch Brother's are two for two in really great albums!

Punch and Antifogmatic are two hard to define (genre wise) albums. One part Americana, one part country, and one half part rock = 1 whole awesomesaurus set of albums!!

Just seen the following tweet from Chris Thile, lead singer and mandolin player:
Quote:
christhile Chris Thile

I'm having an awfully good time working on the next batch of Punch with the boys. #eflatminorforyourhealth
tsarstepan

Reply Sat 20 Nov, 2010 06:06 pm
@tsarstepan,
Punch Brothers appeared on the Letterman show with Steve Martin, legendary stand-up comedian, actor, and banjo player extraordinaire!
http://www.punchbrothers.com/news/rye-whiskey-with-steve-martin-on-letterman/
Noam goes banjo to banjo with Steve Martin:
http://www.punchbrothers.com/news/noam-and-steve-martin-dueling-banjos-on-letterman/
Blink182fan182

Reply Sun 7 Aug, 2011 08:03 pm
@basket case,
blink 182 is an awesome band
panzade

Reply Mon 8 Aug, 2011 11:58 am
@Blink182fan182,
Quote:
blink 182 is an awesome band

I've come to appreciate them
0 Replies

panzade