...:::AWESOME BANDS:::...

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 12:40 pm
hey people and welcome what do you think of the following bands that i think are awesome ?...
Green Day
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Sex Pistols
Screeching weasel
Dropkick murphys
The Casualties
My Chemical romance
The Buzzcocks
Velvet Revolver
Slipknot
Dinosaur Jr
Nirvana
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
Cream
Blink 182
etc etc etc
Surprised Very Happy :wink: Razz Cool Smile Exclamation
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 8 • Views: 26,141 • Replies: 71
No top replies

music-lover

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 12:16 pm
i don't mind most of them but these are the bands i didn't even know were bands: Sex Pistols
Screeching weasel
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:45 pm
you forgot...........
metallica
led zeppelin
guns n roses
the who
AC/DC
nirvana
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 01:40 am
angelina_papina wrote:
you forgot...........
metallica
led zeppelin
guns n roses
the who
AC/DC
nirvana

The question was, "what do you think of the following bands ..."
0 Replies

Nietzsche

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 01:50 am
Re: ...:::AWESOME BANDS:::...
basket case wrote:
hey people and welcome what do you think of the following bands that i think are awesome ?...
Green Day

I think that while the "true" punk crowd doesn't give them much respect, they're certainly among the decendents of the Pistols and the Ramones. The "true" punk crowd can **** off.

Quote:
Red Hot Chili Peppers

I they're headed to the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame, for whatever that's worth.

Quote:
Sex Pistols

I think they kinda SUCK, but the fact they wouldn't care is cool as hell; and Sid & Nancy is one of my favorite movies.

Quote:
Velvet Revolver

Eh ... ya know, kind cool, nothing major.

Quote:
Slipknot

Was my favorite band for over a year. Thought Iowa sucked and listened to the fourth album (whatever it was called) about twice. Had they stuck to the sound of songs like "Spit it Out" and "Surfacing" they'd still be the bomb, but what the hell are they doing? It's like they went from the hardest, most snot-kicking band in the world to "We're the next Korn."

Quote:
The Doors
Jimi Hendrix
Cream

Classic rock in general (65-75) is probably the greatest period of American music - hell, music period - in all of history. You've named three bands; there's thirty more.

As for the stuff I didn't comment on, I don't like that neo-punk stuff. Seems childish to me. HATE Blink-182. Nirvana has their place in history, no doubt. The other stuff, I've never heard.
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 01:38 pm
My my we are a mainstream one aren't we? I like only the Doors on that list. RHCP is ok. The rest are far from good or even mediocre (well maybe Hendrix isnt)...
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 02:50 pm
theres often a reason why things are mainstream.....

im not saying underground bands are bad, but u cant argue with basket case really
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Mon 23 May, 2005 07:29 pm
Well I can. I can listen to the mainstream all day and will find very little appealing to me. The music is often similar (in the case of modern rock especially) and is often popular not because of quality but becasue of marketing and reputation and record companies and exposure etc.. I'll do an actually band band overview of his list:

Green Day- mediocre. They have very little talent and have an annoying singer.
Red Hot Chili Peppers- Pretty good band. Only have about 2 good albums hopefully next one will be good too
Sex Pistols- nope. theyre ****.
Screeching weasel- Only heard one song and it was so not memorable because I don't remember it.
Dropkick murphys- decent band. My friend's cousin is the bassist so I've actually met them.
The Casualties- they're good if by good you mean mediocre
My Chemical romance- no. just no. This band may not even deserve to exist to put it plainly.
The Buzzcocks- Never listened to them
Velvet Revolver- Slither was ok at best. Rest of their album was bad.
Slipknot- No. Bad Music and very annoying. Most people confuse them with real metal which puts them on my **** list.
Dinosaur Jr- Theyre ok but I always thought they were mundane and mediocre. Nothing special.
Nirvana- I like Polly (live) and Dumb (live). When you're best two songs were live performances of otherwise meh songs there are some eyebrows raising.
The Doors- Aha good band. Too bad ole Jim is dead but they are still making a new album.
Jimi Hendrix- I never caught on to hendrix fever. He was good but I never listen to him.
Cream- Nope. They suck.
Blink 182- Wow what a closer. The worst band on the list. I would rather listen to people being tortured than Blink.
angelina papina

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:09 am
bit harsh
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 06:51 am
Red Hot Chili Peppers: Don't have any albums, but keep telling myself to pick some up. Flea is a sick bassist.

Green Day: used to hate them, but heard the last album is really good.

Velvet Revolver: so much talent in that band, but thought the album is just ok. (like Audioslave's 1st cd much better).

Nirvana: love 'em. If anything, Nevermind is the album I listen to the least. Bleach is amazing, even love Incesticide, which is B-sides.

The Doors: great band, Morrison has an unreal voice, dark sound, dig 'em. Makes me want to drink heavily and break things.

Hendrix: uh, what else to say about this guy? Legend with the guitar. Wish I could go back in time to see him live.

Cream: like Cream, have a couple of my favorite songs.
0 Replies

basket case

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:38 pm
YES I LOOOOOOOOOOOVE LED AND NIRVANA AND METALICCA AND ALL THEM THEY TOTALLY ROCK and i'm jealous of you 'el-diablo' meeting dropkicks n all but you must be a chav or summut coz you SUCK all the bands i like ROCK MAN and you are on my **** LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

basket case

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:39 pm
I looooove you slappy doo hoo you seem to rock well
0 Replies

El-Diablo

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 01:58 pm
Quote:
and i'm jealous of you 'el-diablo' meeting dropkicks n all

I have to admit it was cool. Even if I'm not their biggest fan I think they are original and are very cool guys. I mean comon Irish rock is just too cool a concept.

Quote:
you must be a chav or summut coz you SUCK all the bands i like ROCK MAN and you are on my **** LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes that does make a chav doesn't it :rolleyes: I have a feeling you have not heard music that properly rocks. You mention Metallica which is an amazing band and quite deserving of recognition (although their last two albums were meh), so all is not lost for you.

I recommend you discover the band Opeth my friend. Once you get a good dose of them you will look at these other bands in the same light.
curlgurl

Reply Tue 24 May, 2005 05:38 pm
i like some of them like nirvana best band ever!
0 Replies

basket case

Reply Wed 25 May, 2005 02:26 pm
yes i love nirvana
0 Replies

benjamino

Reply Thu 26 May, 2005 03:31 am
haha you both wanna start listening to the magic band, i went to see them last night and it was one of the best live performances i've ever seen. try the icecream for crow album, it will change your lives
0 Replies

angelina papina

Reply Fri 27 May, 2005 04:43 am
the magic band? cant say ive heard of them, tell us more...
0 Replies

basket case

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 01:48 am
oooh also opeth, howards alias, blink 182, the clash, the who, ramones, alkialine trio, transplants, mcr, gc, led, metallica, slayer, judas priest, all these guys rock !
0 Replies

subtleone

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:28 am
That's such a large number of bands...is it really possible that they are all "awesome?" I'm just saying, I don't think one cool song makes a band great.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 22 Jul, 2005 02:45 am
Jesus Lizard
0 Replies