...:::AWESOME BANDS:::...

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 10:03 am
Gargamel wrote:
Dude, how can you dig Zeppelin and Creed?

That's like saying your favorite beers are Guinness and Busch Light.

Preach is sista'!!!

There is no way Zeppelin belongs in the same breath as Creed. Without Creed, there would have been no Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, STP....no wait....other way around, but regardless.

CREED ROCKS! Can you take me higher!!!
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 15 Oct, 2006 10:49 am
music-lover wrote:
Gargamel wrote:
Dude, how can you dig Zeppelin and Creed?

That's like saying your favorite beers are Guinness and Busch Light.

It's not illegal to like different kinds of music is it????

Not at all. I don't mean to criticize your tastes, I only mean to knock Creed, because they are an unbelievably crappy band. And they are crappy precisely because there is nothing different about them. Their most amazing acheivement is producing such a generic stadium-grunge sound bereft of any creativity whatsoever. I mean that's tough to do!

I know people hate it when bands they like get knocked. But it's a personality flaw I can't help. I guarantee you I've got some records in my collection you'd cringe at as well.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 02:13 pm
The only thing I can give Creed is the fact they sold millions and millions of albums. Of course, so did Brittney Spears, and her "music" sucks too.

This is pretty funny, parody of Creed & the Calling ripping off Pearl Jam:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNxtPATD9YM
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 02:52 pm

The Fall

The Minutmen

Laughing Hyenas
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 03:12 pm
Amigo wrote:

The Fall

The Minutmen

Laughing Hyenas

I saw a documentary this weekend called "American Hardcore," a good chunk of which featured Mike Watt driving around south LA, pointing out crappy apartments where the Minutemen played shows with Black Flag and the Adolescents.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 22 Oct, 2006 10:27 pm
Gargamel wrote:
Amigo wrote:

The Fall

The Minutmen

Laughing Hyenas

I saw a documentary this weekend called "American Hardcore," a good chunk of which featured Mike Watt driving around south LA, pointing out crappy apartments where the Minutemen played shows with Black Flag and the Adolescents.
I heard about that. I'd like too see it. I think some of that footage is from the film "Jam econo". It's a film about the minutemen made a couple years earlier. I saw the primeir in theator in San Pedro and Watt and George Hurly (#1 best punk drummer ever) were there for Q and A afterwards. Watt started crying when they started talking about D. Boon. Sonic Youth was there too.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Tue 24 Oct, 2006 06:25 am

The Stooges (No, not the three Stooges a$sholes)
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 25 Oct, 2006 09:49 pm
Negetive trend

Credence clearwater revival

Type o negitive

The Doves (first album)
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 07:15 am
Amigo wrote:

The Stooges (No, not the three Stooges a$sholes)

Which begs, of course, the age old question.

Fun House or Raw Power?

And you can't say both.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 26 Oct, 2006 09:51 am
I have to say funhouse because it has 'Dirt' on it.

However I would have compared funhouse and the first album. I think funhouse and the first one are both better the rawpower.
0 Replies

Gargamel

Reply Fri 27 Oct, 2006 07:57 pm
Amigo wrote:
I have to say funhouse because it has 'Dirt' on it.

However I would have compared funhouse and the first album. I think funhouse and the first one are both better the rawpower.

Really? "We Will Fall" takes the first one out of contention for me, though it's better than half the albums in my collection.

I also vote Funhouse, mainly because it's the Stooges prototype--it adheres most to what I deem their "ideology." The repetitive licks, for example. Plus I think Iggy's a little more dynamic on that album. It's the album I'd recommend to someone who's never heard the Stooges before. But Raw Power is great for driving really fast, drinking a lot of beer with loud friends, grabbing girls' asses (girls you know very well, of course), lifting weights, or eating seven cheeseburgers in an hour.

****. I can't decide.
0 Replies

owt-ov-za-sistim

Reply Sun 9 Nov, 2008 11:25 pm
@basket case,
Punk isn't a classification, or a stereotype....you can't be classified as true punk or fake punk because it is like idea, and the reason i say "like" is because there is no one word in the dictionary or any other source you can think of to truly describe what a punk is, punk is just the systems word for somebody who doesn't in fact live in or by the system...so by trying to classify "true punk" and "fake punk" you're doing nothing more than making yourself a system punk, you're molding yourself into the definition of the word punk.......a person typically expressing anger ,and alienation- disaffected working-class urban youth with little hope of employment, housing, and a meaningful future............... going by the system most of this music would be classified as punk, the rest alternative...my personal opinion on Green day is that they sold on American Idiot and it was all about money from then on, MCR sucks either way you look at it though, to me anything about cutting wrists and blacking eyes is annoying and ridiculous...other than that they are all great bands in my opinion...the point of this whole explanation is to tell you to be yourself though, its the only way to not be a tool is to do what you want to do, and to not look for approval from anyone else, because when you look for approval you're letting people and the system control you because theres always going to be somebody there to try to tell you the correct way or "the systems way" as i call it
0 Replies

Luca69

Reply Fri 29 May, 2009 06:05 am
@basket case,
i think blink 182 and jimi hendrix should be near the top, cos, jimi hendrix was a legend and green day is allot like blink 182 so like they should be "together" but everything else is allright
0 Replies

existential potential

Reply Wed 3 Jun, 2009 03:59 pm
@basket case,
those bands suck, this guy rules...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BeTZihJTus&feature=channel_page
0 Replies

yoda333

Reply Mon 22 Jun, 2009 07:28 pm
@El-Diablo,
You are a moron. You lost all credibility by saying cream sucks.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 07:10 am
Of all the bands on your list..only Cream, Hendrix and The Doors will be rmembered historically as innovators...with the possible exception of The Pistols and Nirvana. The rest run the gamut from really good musicians (Chili Peppers) to average to pap, but all forgettable to the hideous and disgusting "mainstream". Of course if these really cool alternative bands enjoy anylongevity they will morph into "mainstream" bands...funny how that always happens.

there was a time when Elvis Presley was cutting edge alternative.
0 Replies

SomeDude

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 08:08 pm
@basket case,
I think most of thoughs bands are gay seriuosly only 2 of them out of 16 are good not the best but good.
0 Replies

Xenoche

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 08:49 pm
Green Day - OK, but I would'nt choose to listen to them.
Red Hot Chili Peppers - OK, but I would'nt choose to listen to them.
Sex Pistols - Meh
My Chemical romance - OK, but I would'nt choose to listen to them.
Velvet Revolver - OK, but I would'nt choose to listen to them.
Slipknot - OK
Nirvana - OK
The Doors - OK
Jimi Hendrix - OK
Blink 182 - I really hate these guys. Their music bores me.

Right now I'm blasting The Mars Volta, I just cant stop listening, so damn unique it blows my mind. Roulette Dares, Ouroborous, Drunkship of Lanterns, Cicatric Esp, Inertiatic Esp, Cassandra Gemini and Conjugal Burns. Their drummer is a freak of nature.
0 Replies

KiwiChic

Reply Thu 25 Jun, 2009 09:06 pm
Otep
0 Replies

ENFORCER

Reply Mon 7 Dec, 2009 11:24 pm
@El-Diablo,
Dude lay off, if you truly think Opeth is better than every band on his list, then you sir do not know what good music is.
0 Replies