Everyday Items? Everyday Horrors??

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 01:06 pm
We've have horror movies based on haunted dolls [the Chuckie franchise, the Annabelle movies]; board games [Ouji board, Jumanji (?); haunted televisions;beds, and soon magic 8 balls.*

What everyday item possessed with an evil spirit or demon would make for a terrifying horror movie? Extra credit for suggesting an appropriate title.

*Blumhouse Is Making a Magic 8-Ball Horror Movie, So There’s Another Toy You Have to Throw Out
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 5 • Views: 911 • Replies: 10
No top replies

Sturgis

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 10:00 pm
@tsarstepan,
Rocco the Murderous Pet Rock

Tired of being an average pet rock, Rocco learns to hurl himself against unsuspecting humans who have offended him over the centuries.

Rated PG-13 due to violence
0 Replies

nacredambition

Reply Tue 11 Jun, 2019 11:46 pm
Troy Story

Inside the wooden box of toys under the bed.

The wind howls when the children shriek with laughter.

It's time to play dominant predator.
0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Wed 12 Jun, 2019 12:52 am
I've taped this but not yet seen it, it's about television, which back in 1953 was pretty cutting edge, (over here at least.)

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BM2MyN2JhZWQtZGI1MC00MTk5LTlkZDktOTZkNDg0NzllOTBiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTgwNTk5MDU@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
0 Replies

tsarstepan

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2019 08:34 am
@tsarstepan,
Demonically possessed toothbrush adds plaque and germs to your teeth and gumline rather than scrub and clean it away in...

Satan's Tartar!
or
The Devil's Gingivitis!
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2019 08:57 am
Spoons....why -- they seem so innocent of the "cutlery" or other kitchen utensils. So smooth with no sharp edges - it seems it cannot do any harm like forks and knives.

So yes a wild out of control spoon scooping out your vital organs is horrifying and you would never expect it out of all the items in your kitchen thus allowing this utensil to easily invade your space as you least expect it to do harm.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61dHpqgNFUL._SX569_.jpg
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2019 09:47 am
@Linkat,
Spoons can be sharp, some of the ones used for scooping out can have quite an edge on them.
Linkat

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2019 11:24 am
@izzythepush,
izzythepush wrote:

Spoons can be sharp, some of the ones used for scooping out can have quite an edge on them.

Ah the ordinary teaspoons then - you ruined my image...
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2019 11:43 am
Chopsticks of Evil
Evil flash from darkness energizes chopsticks to attack humans and pull their organs out through their throats.
izzythepush

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2019 11:55 am
@edgarblythe,
I once read a 200AD future shock where it turns out coat hangers are aliens. We never buy them, no place makes them but they keep reproducing in our wardrobes.

The person who discovered it met a similar sticky end to the chop sticks person.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 24 Jul, 2019 03:43 pm
@edgarblythe,
edgarblythe wrote:

Chopsticks of Evil
Evil flash from darkness energizes chopsticks to attack humans and pull their organs out through their throats.

They are great at poking one's eyes out as well.
0 Replies