thoughts on Trump, women

maxdancona

Sun 23 Jun, 2019 08:01 pm
@glitterbag,
I don't see where I said that Engineer is disagreeable.

I am saying that you all have a ideological narrative that for you supersedes facts. That means you ignore or reject any facts or perspectives that question your ideology.

That has nothing to do with being disagreeable.

glitterbag

Sun 23 Jun, 2019 08:15 pm
@maxdancona,
No, what it really means is YOU like to say others ignore or reject any facts or perspectives that question their ideology, frankly you really don't know what others ideologies might be.

maxdancona

Sun 23 Jun, 2019 08:46 pm
@glitterbag,
I make an effort to accept facts from multiple perspectives.

I have no problem admitting when someone on my side of an issues says something factually incorrect. Nor do I have any problem accepting when someone on the other side makes a valid point. I can give examples where I have done both of these things.

I agree with feminists in many areas (i.e. equal pay for equal work). I disagree with feminists in other areas. I am a moderately pro-choice, but when someone on the pro-choice side says something that is factual incorrect, I correct them. I am pretty much anti-gun, but when facts support a part of their case-- facts are facts.

There is no reason why you can't support both woman's rights and men's rights. Extremists on both sides seem to have a problem with this as if one can't exist without the other.

0 Replies

engineer

Mon 24 Jun, 2019 06:13 am
@glitterbag,
glitterbag wrote:

Jesus Max, now your dumping on Engineer??? He has to be one of the most pleasant posters on the entire board.

Not sure why I came up in a thread where I haven't posted before, but I'm not too worried about the various insults that get sent my way by Max et al. When I first came to A2K, I remember reading a post by Bi Polar Bear along the lines of "this is the Internet, you are going to get flamed, if you can't handle that you are probably in the wrong place." That said, what is very rare here is a generous compliment. Thank you for yours.
maxdancona

Mon 24 Jun, 2019 07:01 am
@engineer,
Disagreeing with a woman is not sexism.

It seems pretty obvious why I mentioned you Engineer. Glitterbag doesn't like it when men question her. To her, for a man to disagree a woman is oppression. I simply pointed out that I am disagreeing with a ideology and that it has nothing to do with gender. I push back on you, and Neptune and Glitterbag and Izzy equally.

Sorry Engineer, it was a name drop to show that I push back on men too and that Glitterbag should get over it. You guys are both adults.

It is all about outrage. I would be amused if Glitterbag PM"d about this thread. Did she?

glitterbag

Mon 24 Jun, 2019 03:42 pm
@maxdancona,
Paranoid much?
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 04:05 pm
@good times,
Quote:
There's a girl in my class named Natalie and her boobs are sooooooo big. I can't help it but when I'm in class I can't concentrate. Like my brain is full of mush.

Lower you gaze when you see girls. That's the respect you can give to them and by doing so you can yourself from many bigger problems.
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 04:21 pm
@good times,
I read your posts and advices given by many. If you were my son, I would have told you to focus on building your career first and then focus on girls. If you have good education then you can find the dream girl for you and be happy for the rest of your life (hopefully) but if you got into girls so early then I am afraid you will loose track and seems like there are many to misguide you.

Have a purpose in life and work towards it. Don't watch stupid stuff on TV or on your phone. If the friends you have all talk about girls and have sex with them, then change your company. Focus on your education, get involved in sports and if girls bother you by their looks or by their dress then lower your gaze. Save your virginity for your wife and don't loose it on any random girl. Sex is not the purpose of life, if you think it is then there is no difference between an animal and human being.
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 05:39 pm
My thoughts are these:

1) Trump has excellent tastes in women.

2) Trump has during most if not all of this life been good enough to get the best far more often than almost anyone else can,

3) Trump treasures women, and thus generally treats them very well.
roger

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 05:44 pm
@hawkeye10,
I'm not at all sure #3 follows from #'s 2 & 3. Still, it's good to see you drop in.
hawkeye10

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 05:49 pm
@roger,
roger wrote:

I'm not at all sure #3 follows from #'s 2 & 3. Still, it's good to see you drop in.

I recently left DebatePolitics, I had no intention of ever being back here but someone yesterday shot me message here so I logged in. I am totally off social media now except for Facebook and I am likely to leave that too after my boy gets married in Aug. The quality of conversation and civility and desire to learn has gotten to the point that I have better things to do with what I have remaining of this life. I am at a certain point not willing to invest. I have in the last 13 years put up over 125,000 posts, I have done my best to help, I have pulled my share of the load. It is all about me now.

And then there is all of that idiotic God Dammed lying! I am a radical truth teller, I am not going to swim in liars.
engineer

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 08:08 pm
@hawkeye10,
Congrats to your son and your future in-law!
hawkeye10

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 08:11 pm
@engineer,
engineer wrote:

Congrats to your son and your future in-law!

Thanks...I told you long ago that I know full well how awesome you are, and these days I am not shy about being honest about how awesome I am.

I am thrilled to get to meet up with you again, and I would so dearly love to get to talk to you about TESLA!
0 Replies

hawkeye10

Fri 12 Jul, 2019 11:05 pm
@roger,
Hey Roger!....I said this before I left oh so long ago but I will say it here as well....You have so far as I have known always been a decent guy......which is so much more than I can say about the majority of the assholes who populate A2K!

Dont imagine that I never noticed!
0 Replies

HabibUrrehman

Mon 15 Jul, 2019 10:08 am
@hawkeye10,
" Grab her by the Pussy" that's the respect Trump gives to women.
0 Replies

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/19/2024 at 08:24:38