thoughts on Trump, women

glitterbag

Sat 15 Jun, 2019 11:06 pm
@roger,
Well if it helps, I've never had pink or blue hair either.
neptuneblue

Sat 15 Jun, 2019 11:14 pm
@roger,
When my son was turning 16, I asked him what he wanted for his birthday. He asked to dye his hair. I thought, well, I'm getting off pretty cheap, cool. He wanted red. Since my mother had red hair I thought it was a nice tribute to his grandmother.

Oh no.

Nothing like that.

Deep, fire engine RED! Very red, It seems Manic Panic actually comes in Fire Red. Lasted two weeks.

Then it was lime green.

Yes, Lime Green.

Then there was the blue. Like Marge Simpson blue. By this time, his dad had enough.

And that was the end of that.

Now, at 22, his shoulder blade length light brown locks looks more like an 80's rock star...

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRYQp0YUHXIT8QVcerShPYVcGd6beDnl5D2uCbX17Xkw08gpexy

What's old is new again.

I hate that.
roger

Sat 15 Jun, 2019 11:34 pm
@glitterbag,
Good!
0 Replies

roger

Sat 15 Jun, 2019 11:35 pm
@neptuneblue,
Almost makes you wonder if we have any influence on them at all.
neptuneblue

Sat 15 Jun, 2019 11:51 pm
@roger,
That's the question though. Every thing has influence on kids of today. So what is it we want them to learn? Is beauty and money the qualities that speak to this generation?

Whose beauty, whose money. Maybe that needs to be redefined.
maxdancona

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 06:44 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Whose beauty, whose money. Maybe that needs to be redefined.

What is wrong with each person defining this for themselves?

When my son was a teenager, he wanted his hair bleached in this unusual leopard pattern. We took him to a salon to have a stylist pull thatches of hair through what looked like a colander. Thank god that trend changed. Later he started getting tattoos, the are an important part of his self-image. Good for him.

My daughter (now a teen) is experimenting with different hair colors. She has her own sense of style and is experimenting with all of the options available to modern American women. Good for her.

It seems to me that this generation is doing just fine. Men or Women can choose their own standard of beauty and own it.

(I really don't understand this complaint about the "pink tax". If women chose razors based on price and function rather than on color, the price of pink razors would come down.)
neptuneblue

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 07:47 am
@maxdancona,
Why don't you do some research on the subject, then you'll know the dilemma facing the women of today. That way, you can cease to complain why you don't understand something.
maxdancona

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 07:58 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Why don't you do some research on the subject, then you'll know the dilemma facing the women of today. That way, you can cease to complain why you don't understand something.

By "do some research" you mean read the propaganda. I have read the propaganda. It just doesn't make any sense.

I am also raising a smart, strong, empowered young woman (now a teen). She chooses to wear jeans or sweats and a tshirt most days. She has dress up clothes and make up when she wants to wear them.

If there were any "pink tax" in the case of my daughter, I would be the one paying it. I buy the razors for my daughter (she tells me what she wants and she decides when she wants to use them).

My daughter is empowered. She makes choices for how she wants to live her life and she lives it with her own style. She has responsibility for her own happiness. I haven't raised her any differently than my sons.

Why would you ever teach a young woman that she is a victim to the expectations of society?
neptuneblue

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 08:06 am
@maxdancona,
Yes, you keep mentioning your teen daughter, the one that refers to herself as a "ho."

Great expectation there, dad.
maxdancona

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 08:10 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Yes, you keep mentioning your teen daughter, the one that refers to herself as a "ho."

Great expectation there, dad.

I am proud of my daughter. Do you really want to come after her?
neptuneblue

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 08:12 am
@maxdancona,
Nope.
maxdancona

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 08:14 am
@neptuneblue,
neptuneblue wrote:

Nope.

Good.
0 Replies

lmur

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 08:20 am
@roger,
roger wrote:

A comb just isn't satisfactory after sufficient hair loss.

Ah yes. Able2know. Sometimes it's easy to forget!
good times

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 10:57 pm
@neptuneblue,
Ok, first of all, I am not trying to sound mean, but... Are you a girl?

Because you sound like it. Girls mostly lie about these issues or else they can't really understand them from the common sense of it.

Quote:
Beauty is hard work.

Harder than building a company or inventing something that's never been invented before?

Quote:
Shaving. This is comprised of two levels, armpits and legs.

But men shave to don't they? I know guys who shave their chest and armpits and back and stuff.

Quote:
The "pink tax" makes the cost of a razor more expensive for a woman,

I saw a youtube video about this. They said the reason pink costs more is because the color used for plastic is more rare. Blue is the most coomon and cheapest. The person said girls don't have to use pink but they chose to.

Quote:
let's get real, Americans think hair on women is gross.

Who wants a hairy woman though? Do you really think that's not gross? Don't you think a guy who sees a girl wityh hairy legs is thinking she looks like a samsquatch? He probably doesn't want to touch her but can you blame him? What if a guy didn't take a shower and he smelled bad? Would girls want to touch him?

About clothes and stuff, I think women chose that for themselves. Guys will think a pretty girl is still hot even if she's wearing sweatpants or just a bag over her or something. And same goes for ugly girls no matter what they dress in guys are thinking the same thing. I think if girls clothes cost more it's because they chose it not forced to.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I have 3 older sisters. I have asked them many questions about women and they mostly tell lies. Doesn't mean I hate them, but I can tell the truth from a lie. So thier advice doesn't mean much to me. Because if i took it, it wouldn't help my situation.

You sound like you're a girl. Because I know making a buisness run isn't the same as putting on makeup.
roger

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 11:02 pm
@lmur,
lmur wrote:

roger wrote:

A comb just isn't satisfactory after sufficient hair loss.

Ah yes. Able2know. Sometimes it's easy to forget!

Yes. Along with hair loss comes a bit of forgetfulness.
0 Replies

good times

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 11:02 pm
@neptuneblue,
do girls like guys with hair and looks like this? I think it looks weird and not manly.
0 Replies

good times

Sun 16 Jun, 2019 11:05 pm
@maxdancona,
Quote:
I am proud of my daughter.

How old is your daughter? Do you have sons or just a daughter?
0 Replies

neptuneblue

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 06:35 am
@good times,
Yes, I am a woman. You're making some pretty bold statements, All I ask is for you to see things in a different way.

You ask if creating Beauty is harder than building a company or something never invented before. The answer is, it certainly can be. Take a look at Naomi Campbell. She's worth about $60 million. You might have seen her on over 500 covers of various magazines. You see a pretty face. I see the first black woman to break down modeling stereotypes to include women of color. Because of her, the industry exploded with opportunities for women who were not white.

How's that for creating something never done before?

Shaving legs and armpits are commonly an American thing. Most Europeans think women here are nuts for doing so. It's more of a societal push for American women to look a certain way. Not true in other parts of the world, where hair is authentic and real, not meant to be shaved off.

The Pink Tax isn't because of a color of plastic. Companies up mark certain products just BECAUSE it's made for women. Tampons and pads are considered "luxury" items that are taxed. Those products aren't luxury, they're a basic need. Here's some reading for you:

https://www.listenmoneymatters.com/the-pink-tax/

I guess what bothers me the most is your attitude that women and girls lie as much as you think they do. Sure, ok, people lie. I think when you asked your sisters questions and they gave their opinions, you discounted their voice as lies instead of really listening to the meaning of their message.

That's not going to work for you long term. It's time to pay attention.
maxdancona

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 07:07 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
Shaving legs and armpits are commonly an American thing. Most Europeans think women here are nuts for doing so.

This is factually incorrect. Women in most European countries (like France, England and Germany) shave their legs, armpits (and other parts).

Quote:
The Pink Tax isn't because of a color of plastic. Companies up mark certain products just BECAUSE it's made for women.

Why can't women take responsibility for their purchasing decisions. Companies sell products to women for a higher price because women are willing to pay a higher price. That is the way the market works. If you are given the choice between a 99 cent can of Barbasol, and an $11 can of Skintimate Signature Scents Moisturizing Shave Gel for Women with Raspberry Rain with Vitamin E and Olive Butter and you don't buy the Barbasol, you are choosing to pay more. I could also by the $11 shaving cream, they don't even try to market it to me because they know I will go for the cheap no-frill shaving cream every time.

I am willing to pay significantly more for clothing with a Red Sox logo even thought there is much better quality clothing available for a lower price. I don't blame the companies for charging me what I am willing to pay. It is my own stupidity that gets me to do this.

Quote:
Tampons and pads are considered "luxury" items that are taxed. Those products aren't luxury, they're a basic need.

I agree with you completely on this point. I am paying this tax. This is a different issue than razors marketed toward women.

Quote:
I guess what bothers me the most is your attitude that women and girls lie as much as you think they do.

I believe that men and women are equal. Where have I said women are lying?

I think you are politically extreme (that has nothing to do with your gender). I think that you bend, or even invent, facts to fit your ideological narrative. When you are right I have no trouble agreeing with you. When you are wrong, I have no trouble saying so.

My biggest issue with what you are saying is the implication that women are fragile creatures who need to be protected.
good times

Mon 17 Jun, 2019 10:56 am
@neptuneblue,
Quote:
The Pink Tax isn't because of a color of plastic.

Yes it is. I saw a video where they explained the dye for pink costs more because it's the mixing of more than one color. Where blue dye is just one color and is cheap.

Quote:
Take a look at Naomi Campbell. She's worth about $60 million.

She wouldn't have made all that money if she was ugly. An ugly man like Bill Gates or Elon Musk had to create something amazing. Not just have pictures taken of them.

Quote:
I think when you asked your sisters questions and they gave their opinions, you discounted their voice as lies instead of really listening to the meaning of their message.

No, I saw girls real behavior and I saw that it doesn't match what my sisters were saying. That just me seeing the reality of life.

Quote:

Shaving legs and armpits are commonly an American thing. Most Europeans think women here are nuts for doing so. It's more of a societal push for American women to look a certain way.

Hairy leg women look weird. I don't think I'm the only guy who doesn't want a girl to look like a gorilla with hairy legs.

Quote:
Yes, I am a woman.
I guess what bothers me the most is your attitude that women and girls lie as much as you think they do.

So you are not capable of giving good advice that is not a lie to a 14 year old guy. So why are you mad about that? You can beleive whatever you want even if it is not true, but I don't have to listen to you. Why be mad at a 14 year old? You are not a man, so you can't be capable of understanding what I am talking about in common sense.

Copyright © 2024 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 04/16/2024 at 06:57:42