Any professional voice actors here?

izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 06:16 am
@Ragman,
I can't speak for Farmerman but I think he might be alluding to Mr Goldman's use of research to put off actually doing something.

He's a bit like SpongeBob in that respect.

farmerman

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 08:26 am
@Ragman,
about what?
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 02:16 pm
@izzythepush,
I'm not putting off anything. I have been trying my hand at vocal characterizations. I would like to learn how to do this PROFESSIONALLY.

I have been recording myself doing vocal characterizations using the Sound Recorder feature on my smartphone. I want to upload recordings from my smartphone to Vocaroo.com so people can hear my recordings online.

There's a driver I can use that will let me do that. I have to have the time to do that.

The Continuing ED courses I want to take to learn how to voice act professionally at my old art school cost a LOT OF MONEY. The cost of living has gone up in the U.S.

I have to have the TIME and MONEY to take them.

I have to have time and money to get the training I want and/or need to learn how to voice act professionally, no matter what VENUE I use and pursue to get said training.
chai2

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 02:36 pm
@JGoldman10,
Well, looking at your history of posts, it's been 7.5 years since you've posted.

I would assume in that time there have been a lot of changes, with all of us. I haven't really read any of your old posts, but I do remember you, and remember liking you.

Without reading the old posts, just seeing them, so far you haven't done entire posts in ALL CAPS like you used to do. From what you are saying now in your posts, it seems you have a plan of action on how to proceed.

I certainly wouldn't want anyone to compare the person I was at 22, to the person I was at 30, so I'm going to assume you've got some mileage on you, and are looking to fulfill some dreams.

Good luck to you.

0 Replies

izzythepush

Reply Mon 10 Jun, 2019 02:51 pm
@JGoldman10,
Why don't you join a local amateur drama company? That won't cost anything and should give you some experience.
0 Replies

JGoldman10

Reply Mon 17 Jun, 2019 05:02 pm
I was debating whether or not I wanted to post about the following in another thread, but I think it's relevant to the discussion.

It's amazing the stuff you discover by being online.

There are a lot of people online who have become Internet famous. There are a lot of YouTube celebs.

I discovered this guy, Brian Hull, on YouTube. This guy is a voice actor and impressionist.

He has voice acted for a handful of movies, video games and other projects:

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm7854903/?ref_=rvi_nm

I have seen some of his videos on YouTube. He's done impressions of cartoon characters and other fictional characters in his home, and at various theme parks (Six Flags, Disney Parks, Universal Studios Florida, etc.) and other public outings.

Here's an example of one his videos:

I liked this video. I was impressed.

This guy has a great vocal range. According to what I read about him, he's pursuing a career as a voice actor. People, who I presume have seen some of his videos, have wondered if he's ever gotten a job at a major animation studio as a voice actor, or wondered why he isn't pursuing getting one if he hasn't already. Some wondered why he hasn't gone on America's Got Talent to show off his vocal talent.

I was wondering what was the point of his videos. I was wondering if he was just doing them for show. I was wondering if he was just doing these videos to get attention, or if he was doing them so he could capitalize off of his videos, or if he was actually trying to get the attention of the various (animation) studios whose characters he's imitated, hoping he'd get employed by any of them. According to what I read about him, he has gotten the attention of Disney, Warner Bros., Universal, etc.

Have you heard of this guy? What do you think of his videos?

I would like to contact him and ask what is his secret to voice acting.
0 Replies