Is there life after death?

Mills75

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 11:27 am
littlek wrote:
I mean to discharge the emotional baggage. Apparantly, I was a small indian boy lamenting the loss of his dog in a past life. While I wept over him, some cowboy types rode up and I got angry - that's all I 'remembered'.

Did Indians grow that attached to dogs? Most tribes used them as pack animals and food. Aside from that, what's so controversial about believing in past lives? Many world religions believe in reincarnation.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 08:54 pm
extra medium wrote:
littlek wrote:
Hmmm, let me expand on that. I don't believe in life after death, so how can I believe in life before death? But, the film in my head seemed realand it wasn't from any tv show. So, maybe I have a good imagination and a strong desire to be more close with native americans.

Kind of funny though you'd only remember that one past life? Seems kind of arbitrary...one part of one life? I mean, wouldn't there be thousands of past lives to go through?

Did they tell you a ballpark figure of how many past lives they theorized people of our time generally have?

Everyone's different. Or, rather, every soul/spirit (they call it thatan or thaten or thaten) is different. All the individual spirits are coalesced into one larger mass and bits break off to match with new people (I forget whether it's before or after conception). Some bits are used more often than others. Or, something like that.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 08:55 pm
Mills75 wrote:
littlek wrote:
I mean to discharge the emotional baggage. Apparantly, I was a small indian boy lamenting the loss of his dog in a past life. While I wept over him, some cowboy types rode up and I got angry - that's all I 'remembered'.

Did Indians grow that attached to dogs? Most tribes used them as pack animals and food. Aside from that, what's so controversial about believing in past lives? Many world religions believe in reincarnation.

I dunno. This little guy was in modernish clothing - jeans and a t-shirt and button down.
0 Replies

Mills75

Reply Mon 30 May, 2005 10:16 pm
littlek: And cowboy-looking guys rode up? Out of curiosity, how do the Scientologists explain the loss of memory?
0 Replies

savemart55

Reply Tue 31 May, 2005 11:17 am
Good question. Each death causes an unconciousness that wipes out most, but not all of the memory of that lifetime. Parts are remembered, like the 6 year old I saw playing a Beethoven concerto. The fear of snakes, or falling stays with a lot of people, since that was a form of torture or capital punishment for a long time. But once you use a procedure to erase the effects of the pain and horror, it no longer has any effect and frees up your ability to go through life with less upset, weird pains, and other stuff.
0 Replies