Plumbers had to knock out wall surrounding bathtub spout. Help

enk

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 06:27 pm
Large gross centipedes have been appearing inside my 1950s tub, and I assume they've been climbing up thru the very large gap (please see my below link). BTW, recently another gap was hacked into the shower tile at my other bathroom, since the pipe was leaking into the basement, and the only access, was by opening the wall.

Is there a cheap fix possible - such as contact paper, or duct tape, or anything else? I couldn't find an affordable solution on the net that's easy for me to do.

I'm mid-aged with bad arthritis & more, which is why i'd like an easy-to-do fix. Thanks!

https://i.ibb.co/N1FmCrq/tub.jpg
Edit [Moderator]: Link removed

Sturgis

Reply Wed 5 Jun, 2019 10:27 pm
@enk,
For a temporary fix, a piece of linoleum flooring would work. Cut it to size. Since you have arthritis, have a friend or relative assist. It can then be taped to the wall (use a water resistant tape).

It's a method which I used when the shower tiles we're knocked down.

enk

Reply Fri 7 Jun, 2019 02:32 pm
@Sturgis,
Sturgis thank you so very much! You gave me an idea, because I believe i still have some good-quality vinyl shelf-paper in the house which i'm hoping can serve the purpose. (one of them is a bit like the gorilla-grip shelf liner on amazon.) Alternatively i might have fabric-backed wallpaper or windowshades. I'll go rummage in the basement.
0 Replies

ernestlee

Reply Fri 21 Jun, 2019 04:25 am
You can use epoxy putty to repair this. Wrap putty around leaked area and then taper the edges of putty. But this a very temporary idea for repairing. Contact pluming repairs as early you can manage.
0 Replies