CHL Memorial Cup - junior hockey

Ray

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 07:39 pm
This year's Memorial Cup is going to be great. London Knights, Rimouski Oceanics, Kelowna Rockets, and Ottawa 67's in the tourney to claim the CHL championship. Will it be the Knights' coronation after breaking the record for most unbeaten games (over thirty), Rimouski with top-notch offensive players, Kelowna the organized and experienced defending Memorial Cup Champion going for the third straight year in the Memorial Cup, or will the Ottawa 67's pull an upset?

I don't know why I'm posting this, as most poster are probably outside of Canada, but it's a pretty hyped-up tourney having Crosby and his Rimouski teammates open up in a game with the London Knights. Rolling Eyes
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,025 • Replies: 19
No top replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 07:54 pm
Rimouski!
Rimouski!

spent one of the best summers of my life there

(don't tell anyone, but I loved OHA Major Junior A level play like a total freak when I was younger - and still follow it - to a less fanatical degree)
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 07:59 pm
Go Knights!

I must admit that I have not followed OHA hockey for some time now. I used to follow it very closely way back when the Toronto Marlies played. I followed the Rangers when I lived in Kitchener and the Knights when I lived in London.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 08:02 pm
They got a real nice and inexpensive Chinese buffet in London--just take the second exit from the 401, go about a mile and you'll see the sign on your right . . . all you can eat lunch, and shrimp, too ! ! !
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 11:14 pm
Quote:
(don't tell anyone, but I loved OHA Major Junior A level play like a total freak when I was younger - and still follow it - to a less fanatical degree)

Your secret is safe. :wink:

Quote:
Go Knights!

I must admit that I have not followed OHA hockey for some time now. I used to follow it very closely way back when the Toronto Marlies played. I followed the Rangers when I lived in Kitchener and the Knights when I lived in London.

Rangers is still pretty good I think; London is probably favoured to win.

The junior is getting more media coverage now because NHL is not on. There are four good teams to choose for, don't know about Ottawa but they're probably good as well.

I want Kelowna to win, just because they beat the best teams of the WHL, including my hometown's team ( Laughing) , and they really pressure the other team. I dont' know how they do it, but in the games I've seen them play, usually they keep the puck in the opposing team's end, and just when you think the puck is about to leave the zone, they kept it in and the defenseman just throw it to the net with other Rockets swarming for rebounds.

Quote:
They got a real nice and inexpensive Chinese buffet in London--just take the second exit from the 401, go about a mile and you'll see the sign on your right . . . all you can eat lunch, and shrimp, too ! ! !

Alright! writing it down just in case I want to do a cross-Canada trip someday. I should keep a handbook for this kind of stuff. Laughing
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 08:17 pm
You should ask Setanta if he is heading east or west when he take the 2nd exit :-D
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 10:52 pm
lol yeah, if he has time.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 10:54 pm
lol yeah, if he has time.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 02:11 pm
dragging thread up
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sat 21 May, 2005 11:57 pm
4 -3 London. Rimouski got 3 - 1 lead but could not hold on. I only saw the first period, but it was good.

I hope Kelowna is going to take the championship.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 12:19 am
Intrepid wrote:
You should ask Setanta if he is heading east or west when he take the 2nd exit :-D

Just saw this . . . heading east . . . damn, i'm coming from Ohio, did you think i was gonna drive through Hamilton and Brantford so that i could turn around and drive to t.o.?

Sheesh, Canajuns . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 01:11 pm
Quote:
Just saw this . . . heading east . . . damn, i'm coming from Ohio, did you think i was gonna drive through Hamilton and Brantford so that i could turn around and drive to t.o.?

Didn't know if you were coming or going? :-o

You could have been visiting Toronto and then going to London on the way home, right? :-)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 03:11 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Didn't know if you were coming or going

I often don't know either . . . there's a great little farm country diner in Woodstock, as well, with a fantastic breakfast, but now, i ain't even gonna attempt to tell ya how to get there . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 09:13 pm
I would be going west, so I will take highway 59 into Woodstock before I get to London. I could catch breakfast before I look in on the Woodstock Wildcat girls hockey team ;-)
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 09:35 pm
Route 59 becomes "main street" in Woodstock. When you get to the old center of town, it's on your right (as you drive north), kitty-corner from the TD bank. You can also go past it to the traffic light, take a right, take another right into the parking lot, and go in the back door of the diner.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 22 May, 2005 09:40 pm
One trip, i stopped in a Bob Evans (admittedly pricey) before leaving Ohio: Ham steak, three eggs, hash browned potatoes, toast, coffee--$11US. Diner in Woodstock a week later: Ham steak, three eggs, home fried potatoes, toast, coffee--$4.80CAN. That's math even a Canajun can understand. Their regular menu is pretty ho-hum, stick with the breakfast.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 07:52 pm
Intrepid wrote:
Go Knights!

I would never be one to say...I told you so :-)

But you can see the proof of the outcome HERE
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 08:30 pm
<sigh>

oh well, Rimouski went further than a lot of people expected

and the town is waayyyyy more attractive than London

Nice town and Sydney Crosbie vs living, and winning, in London?

No choice.

Rimouski rocks!
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 09:17 pm
lol. Rimouski is in Quebec right? Embarrassed It doesn't sound French.

Well, London won first ever memorial cup.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 29 May, 2005 09:27 pm
Ray wrote:
lol. Rimouski is in Quebec right? Embarrassed It doesn't sound French.

Well, London won first ever memorial cup.

You must not be saying it with the accent. Laughing

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/Intrepid2/2018f8a9.jpg

Go Knights!
0 Replies