Help restoring Windows Fonts

Twig

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:01 pm
I need to restore the defualt windows XP fonts(pro). All of my fonts are screwed up and menus are almost impossible to read. I have a folder with the windows fonts in it. I tried simply copying them into the folder, but theyre still screwed up.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 758 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:07 pm
Take a look here
0 Replies

Twig

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:09 pm
Quote:
Whether you download fonts from the Internet or have a CD full of typefaces, in order to use them in your word processor or other programs you must install TrueType or OpenType fonts in the Windows fonts folder. It is a simple procedure, but heed the following notes and tips when you install TrueType or OpenType fonts.

Difficulty: Easy

Time Required: 1-5 minutes
Here's How:

1. Click on your Start button and select Settings > Control Panel (or Open My Computer then Control Panel)

2. Open (Doubleclick) the Fonts folder.

3. Select File | Install New Font.
Check the Font FAQ if your Install New Font command is missing.

4. Use the Folders: and Drives: windows to move to the folder on your hard drive, a disk, or CD where your new TrueType or OpenType fonts are located.

5. Highlight the TrueType or OpenType font to install from the List of fonts window.

6. Click OK. This completes your TrueType or OpenType font installation.

Tips:

1. If you are going to install TrueType or OpenType fonts from a CD be sure the 'Copy fonts to folder' box is checked; otherwise, fonts may not be available to use if the CD is not in the drive at all times.

2. TrueType fonts have the extension .TTF and require only this one file for installation and use.

3. OpenType fonts have the extension .TTF or .OTF and require only this one file for installation and use.

What You Need:

* TrueType Fonts
* OpenType Fonts
* Microsoft Windows Operating System

I had to C+P it here because I cant read it on that page lol
0 Replies

Twig

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 12:11 pm
ok its wrong at number 3 because in XP pro you dont have "Install" when clicking File in the fonts folder.... so whats the Font FAQ?
0 Replies

Cyanure

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 01:55 pm
Right click an empty space on your desktop and click Properties.
Click Settings/ Advanced/ General/ Display DPI Settings choose Custom settings from the drop down and changed it to 75% from 100%.

After applying and CLOSING DIPSLAY PROPERTIES the fonts will go very small (without a restart) and then go back to the same place and reset it to 100%. After closing display properties you will be asked to restart.
This shoud solve the problem.
0 Replies