Paulo Coelho Quotes

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 06:33 am
Paulo Coelho quotes are really uplifting and can change one´s life if one is courageous enough to take them at heart:

You can become blind by seeing each day as a similar one. Each day is a different one, each day brings a miracle of its own. It's just a matter of paying attention to this miracle.

Everyday, God gives us the sun - and also one moment in which we have the ability to change everything...

"Tell your heart that the fear of suffering is worse than the suffering itself. And no heart has ever suffered when it goes in search of its dream."

"Waiting is painful. Forgetting is painful. But not knowing which to do is the worse kind of suffering."

But there is suffering in life, and there are defeats. No one can avoid them. But it's better to lose some of the battles in the struggles for your dreams than to be defeated without ever knowing what you're fighting for.

The two worst strategic mistakes to make are acting prematurely and letting an opportunity slip; to avoid this, the warrior treats each situation as if it were unique and never resorts to formulae, recipes or other people's opinions..

A warrior of light who trusts too much in his intelligence will end up underestimating the power of his opponent.

"When you want something, the whole Universe conspires to help you realize your desire."
Paulo Coelho newsletters at Edit [Moderator]: Links removed

Razz Razz Razz
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 6,340 • Replies: 2
No top replies

bombom

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 08:18 pm
Hello ny-skyscrapper! Very Happy

Welcome to the site, I am a new member too! I just love Paulo Coelho´s books and quotes!, haven´t read them all though, but my big favorite is the last one "When you want something, the whole Universe conspires to help you realize your desire" from The Alchemist, and

"a warrior of light knows the silence that precedes the important battle"....

Have you ever noticed o had a hunch that a major change in your life is about to happen?, believed in omens and signs?, enjoyed the path while walking towards the goal?.... "a warrior of light contemplates the two columns to both sides of the door that he wants to open, one of them is called fear and the other one desire, the warrior of light smiles because it does not exist anything that frighten him and anything that can retain him either, being secure of what he wants, he opens the door"...

Cheers!
Very Happy
0 Replies

ny-skyscrapper

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 08:31 pm
Hola Bombom,

nice to have your comments and sharing of your favorite Paulo Coelho quotes. The one from the Alchemist is, I think, the most widely known one. It is great.

And the one you mention from the "Manual of a Light Manual" is very good, too. One problem with it is that I don t know what is happening when things don t work out the way I thought they would. For example when everything feels right in the outset and, working very hard towards a goal, this is not achieved or hardly achieved. These is a type of "test" in life that requires a lot of patience. It is tough to accept that sometimes, it just does not come easier...

Btw, the links have been remouved. If you look on the internet you can find the author´s homepage and online columns, which are inspired in the "Manual"´s philosphy.

Very best to Caracas
0 Replies