The Bright Side of Homosexuality!

ossobuco

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 02:32 pm
Please excuse the tangent and let me give JLNobody this NYTimes link. I knew his comment rang a bell, and the article it reminded me of was in the May 11th Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/11/international/africa/11malawi.html?incamp=article_popular&pagewanted=print
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 03:27 pm
JLNobody wrote:
Osso, as I recall, that African (east Africa?) custom is referred to by anthorpologists as "ghost marriage." Here the widow marries a brother of the deceased and the brother becomes the ceremonial "father" of all the men she produces after the death of her husband. The brother may never have sex with her; her true husband, the sociological father (pater) of her children, is dead. This is to maintain the lineage membership of all her children with men who are not of her dead husband's lineage.
Most often such marriages are to unite lineages, political alliances, as it were. The ideology to justify such "cemetary marriages," where the widow immediately marries a brother or cousin of her deceased husband (e.g., to appease the ghost of the dead husband) is designed to uphold the alliance upon the husband's death.
I forget the details of such customs, but I think this is essentially correct.

A ghost marriage is when a close male relative of an unmarried deceased male marries a women in his name and all children of that women are recognized as the legal children of the deceased. It is a form of polygany as the living male has other wives (or wife) and her children are recognized as his.

Another type of marriage requires the kin of a deceased wife to provide her husband with a replacement - if possible her sister. This is called the Sororate.

A third type, where the kin of a deceased male must provide the wife with a husband is called the Levirate.

In all three cases JLN's explanation for the practice is correct.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 04:01 pm
Osso, it does seem that the widow of the man who died from aids, is more likely to have the infection than the brother-in-law or cousin(both men of the same lineage)*. This suggests that the brother-in-law or cousin is in serious danger of contracting aids from the culture-enforced rape.

*It is easier for a man to infect a woman than the reverse.
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 04:55 pm
Now let's focus our anthropological attention on homosexuality in some more cultures. In highland New Guinea, I have read, there is a homosexual complex related to the rituals for the formal initiation of young men into adulthood. In one community a male uncle of the initiate must transfer his (adult) semen into his nephew's rectum; in another society it is into the youth's mouth; in another it must be rubbed all over the youth's body. In all three cases (there are more) there occurs a "magical" transfer of adulthood to the youth from the uncle. Now the most interesting aspect of this complex is that each community considers the cultural practices of others to be absolutely disgusting. We find all of them disgusting. But they might find much in our lifeway to be reprehensible. I see the absurdity of this in our own culture where we heterosexuals consider homosexual practices to be disgusting. It's all in the mind of the enculturated individual. So, we enlightened ones should lighten up and help others to do the same.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:12 pm
What i want people to see from that article is before you go into arguing people's choice you might want to look at the outcomes on society giving people rights has.

For example i could argue that in the US we should all be allowed to smoke pot. Because it should be our choice and hyper426 said anything with love goes. So if i love pot and say it is my right to smoke it then why am i not allowed to have that freedom.

The answer is quite simple, pot is unhealthy and can lead to death. But then again so can cigarettes and they seem to be fairly tolerated even though we are subjected to truth commericials. So my question is if we find things such as smoking cigarettes or pot "bad" because they harm your health then why is homosexuality rapidly being embraced? The reason is because if you say anything against homosexuality you are immediately labeled as a bigot. As i learned first hand when talking about the issue in another thread "A choice or a curse" i gave evidence and showed studies but was called a racist bigot and that was the end of the argument. So i guess after homosexuality is embraced we will have people that love animals and want to marry and have sex with animals. I don't see why not if your on the side of gay rights. Your allowing someone to do what he "loves" and "why would anyone choose to" phuck animals they must be born with it. Since these illogical arguments are the only things i am hearing arguing homosexuality. And to avoid being called a bigot i will use this analogy to help avoid negative terms thrown at me. If i had a friend smoking i would not hate that friend i would hate the fact that he smokes but it is not the person. Same with homosexuality i think it is a bad choice and hurts a person and so i want to help them see why it is damaging i do not hate gay people just the harm they are doing to themselves bothers me.

Here is how homosexuality is damaging

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/stats/2003SurveillanceReport/table17.htm

According to the Centers for Disease Control, 65% of all reported AIDS cases among U.S. males since 1981 have been men engaged in homosexual behavior. (CDC HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report, May 1998) this number has gone up since then.
The CDC (1996) also shows Federal money spent per death for Cancer was $3,776.00, for heart disease it was $1,056.00, and for AIDS/HIV it was $39,172.00.
According to the 1986 Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), homosexuals account for an overwhelmingly disproportionate number of the cases of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Gonorrhea.

There are higher rates of non-fatal suicidal behavior among those with homosexual attractions than among the heterosexual population. (From a study in the March 2003 issue of The American Journal of Psychology)

(HPV) infection is nearly universal among HIV-positive homosexual or bisexual men and about 60% in HIV-negative men exhibiting the same sexual behavior. (Infectious Disease News, "Because of HPV, anal cancer screening indicated for certain high-risk groups," October, 1997)

A recent study conducted in the Netherlands (where gay marriage has been legal for several years) found that the average homosexual relationship lasts only 1.5 years.(Maria Xiridou et al, "The Contributions of Steady and Casual Partnerships to the Incidence of HIV Infection Among Homosexual Men in Amsterdam," AIDS, 17 2003: 1029-38)

A New England Journal of Medicine study of homosexuals who kept sexual diaries indicated that their number of annual sexual partners averaged nearly 100. (L. Corey and K.K. Holmes, "Sexual Transmission of Hepatitis A in Homosexual Men." New England Journal of Medicine, 1980, vol 302: 435-438)

Out of 6,574 homosexual deaths, the average lifespan if AIDS was the cause of death was 39. The average lifespan if AIDS was not the cause was 42. For lesbians, the average lifespan was 44. (Omega: Journal of Death and Dying, Volume 29, Number 3, 1994. The Longevity of Homosexuals: Before and After the AIDS Epidemic.)

1. Homosexuals are five times more likely to be child molesters. About half (50% more or less) of all child molesters are homosexuals. Homosexuals are less than 10 percent of the population.

This is a key point. Homosexuals site study(http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1379973/posts?q=1&&page=101) after study (http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_chil.htm) saying there's no relationship between homosexuality and pedophilia. Others say different. (http://www.familyresearchinst.org/FRI_EduPamphlet2.html)Homosexuals can argue that most pedophiles are heterosexual. That doesn't matter. They can also argue that no causal link has been proven. That doesn't matter either. They'll point out that most homosexuals are not pedophilia. Ditto. The key is proportionality. Make a big sign that says: "If 2% of the population is responsible for 20% to 40% of something as socially and personally troubling as child molestation, something must be desperately wrong with that 2%. " .

Your opponent will agree to some percentage of the population that matches some definition of homosexuality. He might cite Kinsey's number that 37 percent reported some homosexual contact in their lives.

Using that definition you can then say that all cases of 'same-sex' pedophilia are committed by homosexuals. However, when the discussion goes to pedophilia homosexuals prefer to narrow the definition and say it's a "serious error... [to] ... assume that all males who molest boys are homosexuals..." that 'same-sex' pedophiles are in reality males "present themselves as heterosexuals". They will then say that there's not even "1.2 million gay people living with a same sex partner in America". (http://www.avert.org/hsexu1.htm) IOW, when it comes to pedophilia, the percentage of homosexuals in the US suddenly drops from 37 percent to 0.4% percent.

2. Homosexuals want some of benefits and compensation that are now given to heterosexuals, to be instead given to homosexuals. This hurts society.

From Cornell University school of law(http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/marriage.html): In the English common law tradition, from which our legal doctrines and concepts have developed, a marriage was a contract based upon a voluntary private agreement by a man and a woman to become husband and wife. Marriage was viewed as the basis of the family unit and vital to the preservation of morals and civilization.

The policy of the state governs the institution of marriage in a large part as a conduit for inheritance. Marriage (not baseball teams, garden clubs, and homosexual unions) is viewed this way because only marriage sustains the race beyond the life time of a single human. If marriage is state policy because it makes it possible for the state to exist in the next century, then conversely anything that diverts resources from this policy diminishes the ability of the state to exist over time.

Humanity is innovative. Over the hundreds of thousands of years of humanity's existance some cultures have been good at sustaining themselves and some were good at being diverse. By definition, all people alive today are descended from social groups that were good at reproducing, and all groups that were not good at reproducing are gone.

3. Almost all people already know intuitively that homosexuality is 'bad'.

Concepts of 'good/bad' or 'right/wrong' are not logical or observable. They are intuitive. Ask anyone how they know if anyone but themselves exist-- or if they're just imagining other people's existence (solipsism). Only intuition can refute solipsism-- logic and observation fail. The same with morality. Why is diversity good and cruelty bad? Why would it be wrong to say, kill all the elephants? The basis for communication is that there is more than 'your truth' and 'my truth', there is 'The Truth' that we can find together.

In his heart of hearts virtually everyone prefers that heterosexuality to homosexuality. Ask anybody in the room if they want it announced that they are a homosexual. We're not taking a poll here, we're demonstrating that homosexuality is like a bad smell-- there are so many people who intuitively don't like that we end up having to laws to limit it. I don't like bad smells, I don't have to give a reason. You make a bad smell where I can know about it I can put you in jail. Homosexuality stinks.

Check this website out too

http://www.exodus-international.org/library_Society.shtml
0 Replies

JLNobody

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 11:47 pm
Discreet, you ask why is homosexuality rapidly being embraced? Perhaps it is because it is about love, not just sex.
The energy with which you seem to be attacking homosexuality is a bit suspicious, don't you think?
But, then, I must confess that I cannot bring myself to read your posts very carefully or completely. They demand as much energy of me as they do of you. For this reason, I may be missing your point. If so, I apologise.
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 12:14 am
Discreet wrote:
Almost all people already know intuitively that homosexuality is 'bad'.

Our intuition also tells us that the earth is obviously flat and the sun revolves around the earth and the earth is the center of the universe!

I don't what these hair-brained scientists get off telling us things might be different.
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 12:32 am
Re: The Bright Side of Homosexuality!
"Is there A Bright Side to Homosexuality?"

Yes, their gay all the time...(happy) <---That was a very poor joke :wink:

Hmm, perhaps someone can educate me. I am a heterosexual female (i think men are gorgeous) but I don't have the urge to be in a parade or start one over the fact of what I prefer in the bedroom, or any other room! Isn't that personal?

I'm not trying to rain on a parade, I just don't understand it. Anyone?
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 12:36 am
turtlette wrote:
"Is there A Bright Side to Homosexuality?"

Yes, their gay all the time...(happy) <---That was a very poor joke :wink:

Hmm, perhaps someone can educate me. I am a heterosexual female (i think men are gorgeous) but I don't have the urge to be in a parade or start one over the fact of what I prefer in the bedroom, or any other room! Isn't that personal?

I'm not trying to rain on a parade, I just don't understand it. Anyone?

LOL! Now who doesn't want to be in a parade about their sexuality???

Seriously though: There's been a lot of threads here lately bashing gays and promoting the bright side of slavery, it just seems nice to have a little balance.

I know what you mean, actually. No need to go on a parade about it.
Perhaps just a little song and dance routine would be okay though?
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 12:52 am
I'd tap dance in support but sadly I will thereby trip on the most important electrical cord and mess up enthusiasm for blocks...

Eh, just punch the ticket for me, eh?
0 Replies

Marquis de Carabas

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 04:32 am
Discreet.

I considered responding to your post, but I'm in a hurry, plus you didn't even notice my previous response so this time I'm not going to waste my time. Maybe in a few days when I get back.

In the meantime you may wish to reconcider your claims about being a libertarian, I see no signs of it.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 05:01 am
I have rarely seen such a bravura performance of retailing someone else's propaganda--is was looking at your links, one to a Free Republic discussion board, another to a charismatic christian sponsored web site, and thinking i'd go have a look, and see just how much distortion you have offered here.

Then i recalled your repeated attempts to suggests that blacks were better off in slavery than living free in Africa. So i read your screed here again (on page 4, most recently posted by you) and saw so many of the tell-tale signs of your having lifted someone else's propaganda wholesale and deposited it here. So, i thought to myself, why bother? There are few so tenacious of an idea--good idea, bad idea, loony idea--as the young. And few so intolerant, especially in areas in which their limited life experience leave them ignorant, as the young.

I see little profit to the casual reader here in taking the time or trouble to attempt to refute your penchant for retailing propagandistic screeds that you have read elsewhere. Free Republic indeed . . .
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 05:44 am
extra medium wrote:

"There's been a lot of threads here lately bashing gays and promoting the bright side of slavery,..."

Shocked What's the name of the thread... "Slavery, the fun years!" Rolling Eyes

I did it again, another poor joke. Pain and suffering makes me a bit neurotic.

"Perhaps just a little song and dance routine would be okay though?"

Music and dance for one's sexuality... how about Swan Lake, swans mate for life, don't they? How many straight couples keep their vows?

Until they can improve their own statistics perhaps they have no business pointing fingers at gay marriages. Just a thought.

I was going to look up divorce stats, but all I have to do is look in the mirror, I'm divorced.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 09:27 am
Discreet wrote:
What i want people to see from that article is before you go into arguing people's choice you might want to look at the outcomes on society giving people rights has.

Exactly.

Quote:
As i learned first hand when talking about the issue in another thread "A choice or a curse" i gave evidence and showed studies but was called a racist bigot and that was the end of the argument.

Actually, no, I think I said your last paragraph seemed full of bigotry. I didn't actually say anything about racism, but I'll discuss that when we come to it near the end of this post (where you helpfully provided the paragraph that prompted me to say such horrible things).

Quote:
So i guess after homosexuality is embraced we will have people that love animals and want to marry and have sex with animals.

Nope, because animals and children cannot consent to sexual activity, whereas males can. (Obviously, in the case of rape, this is false, but then again, even heterosexuals rape).

Quote:
If i had a friend smoking i would not hate that friend i would hate the fact that he smokes but it is not the person. Same with homosexuality i think it is a bad choice and hurts a person and so i want to help them see why it is damaging i do not hate gay people just the harm they are doing to themselves bothers me.

I wouldn't even hate the fact he smokes. I'd just tell him kindly that its bad for his health.

Quote:
Here is how homosexuality is damaging

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/stats/2003SurveillanceReport/table17.htm

According to the Centers for Disease Control, 65% of all reported AIDS cases among U.S. males since 1981 have been men engaged in homosexual behavior. (CDC HIV/AIDS Surveillance Report, May 1998) this number has gone up since then.
The CDC (1996) also shows Federal money spent per death for Cancer was $3,776.00, for heart disease it was $1,056.00, and for AIDS/HIV it was $39,172.00.

Thank you! A reference that isn't complete garbage!

I did the calculations. Judging from the total population of the United States in 2003, I came up with the figure that of the 45% of homosexuals that have been infected with AIDS as reported in that table, they make up 0.15% of the population.

Of the spending you stated, they contribute to 45% of the $39,172.00, which is $17,627. In 2001, total health care spending was $14 trillion, which is as close to the 2003 year I could get. Hence, the amount of money actually spent on homosexual AIDS patients is negligible.

Quote:
According to the 1986 Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), homosexuals account for an overwhelmingly disproportionate number of the cases of Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and Gonorrhea.

Fair enough, but I doubt homosexual women are included.

Quote:
There are higher rates of non-fatal suicidal behavior among those with homosexual attractions than among the heterosexual population. (From a study in the March 2003 issue of The American Journal of Psychology)

This study suggests that it is multi-factoral and one of the reasons for this high tendency for suicidal behaviour is the prejudice against homosexuals:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?cmd=Retrieve&db=pubmed&dopt=Abstract&list_uids=15255917&query_hl=23

Quote:
(HPV) infection is nearly universal among HIV-positive homosexual or bisexual men and about 60% in HIV-negative men exhibiting the same sexual behavior. (Infectious Disease News, "Because of HPV, anal cancer screening indicated for certain high-risk groups," October, 1997)

Fair enough, but that can be fixed easily through safe sex messages and changing the image of homosexuality. It's all a complicated psychological matter relating to males trying to prove either that they aren't girly girls and try to be macho in the process, but ending up in doing nothing in favour of their community.

Quote:
A recent study conducted in the Netherlands (where gay marriage has been legal for several years) found that the average homosexual relationship lasts only 1.5 years.(Maria Xiridou et al, "The Contributions of Steady and Casual Partnerships to the Incidence of HIV Infection Among Homosexual Men in Amsterdam," AIDS, 17 2003: 1029-38)

Another side-effect of the identitiy crisis amongst male homosexuals.

Quote:
Out of 6,574 homosexual deaths, the average lifespan if AIDS was the cause of death was 39. The average lifespan if AIDS was not the cause was 42. For lesbians, the average lifespan was 44. (Omega: Journal of Death and Dying, Volume 29, Number 3, 1994. The Longevity of Homosexuals: Before and After the AIDS Epidemic.)

This was a report by Paul Cameron, the person I advised you not to rely on. He is untrustworthy. He was kicked out of four different associations for distorting data and one judge labelled his findings as "fraudulent".

Quote:

1. Homosexuals are five times more likely to be child molesters. About half (50% more or less) of all child molesters are homosexuals. Homosexuals are less than 10 percent of the population.

This is a key point. Homosexuals site study(http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1379973/posts?q=1&&page=101) after study (http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_chil.htm) saying there's no relationship between homosexuality and pedophilia. Others say different. (http://www.familyresearchinst.org/FRI_EduPamphlet2.html)Homosexuals can argue that most pedophiles are heterosexual. That doesn't matter. They can also argue that no causal link has been proven. That doesn't matter either. They'll point out that most homosexuals are not pedophilia. Ditto. The key is proportionality. Make a big sign that says: "If 2% of the population is responsible for 20% to 40% of something as socially and personally troubling as child molestation, something must be desperately wrong with that 2%. " .

Your opponent will agree to some percentage of the population that matches some definition of homosexuality. He might cite Kinsey's number that 37 percent reported some homosexual contact in their lives.

Using that definition you can then say that all cases of 'same-sex' pedophilia are committed by homosexuals. However, when the discussion goes to pedophilia homosexuals prefer to narrow the definition and say it's a "serious error... [to] ... assume that all males who molest boys are homosexuals..." that 'same-sex' pedophiles are in reality males "present themselves as heterosexuals". They will then say that there's not even "1.2 million gay people living with a same sex partner in America". (http://www.avert.org/hsexu1.htm) IOW, when it comes to pedophilia, the percentage of homosexuals in the US suddenly drops from 37 percent to 0.4% percent.

2. Homosexuals want some of benefits and compensation that are now given to heterosexuals, to be instead given to homosexuals. This hurts society.

From Cornell University school of law(http://www.law.cornell.edu/topics/marriage.html): In the English common law tradition, from which our legal doctrines and concepts have developed, a marriage was a contract based upon a voluntary private agreement by a man and a woman to become husband and wife. Marriage was viewed as the basis of the family unit and vital to the preservation of morals and civilization.

The policy of the state governs the institution of marriage in a large part as a conduit for inheritance. Marriage (not baseball teams, garden clubs, and homosexual unions) is viewed this way because only marriage sustains the race beyond the life time of a single human. If marriage is state policy because it makes it possible for the state to exist in the next century, then conversely anything that diverts resources from this policy diminishes the ability of the state to exist over time.

Humanity is innovative. Over the hundreds of thousands of years of humanity's existance some cultures have been good at sustaining themselves and some were good at being diverse. By definition, all people alive today are descended from social groups that were good at reproducing, and all groups that were not good at reproducing are gone.

3. Almost all people already know intuitively that homosexuality is 'bad'.

Concepts of 'good/bad' or 'right/wrong' are not logical or observable. They are intuitive. Ask anyone how they know if anyone but themselves exist-- or if they're just imagining other people's existence (solipsism). Only intuition can refute solipsism-- logic and observation fail. The same with morality. Why is diversity good and cruelty bad? Why would it be wrong to say, kill all the elephants? The basis for communication is that there is more than 'your truth' and 'my truth', there is 'The Truth' that we can find together.

In his heart of hearts virtually everyone prefers that heterosexuality to homosexuality. Ask anybody in the room if they want it announced that they are a homosexual. We're not taking a poll here, we're demonstrating that homosexuality is like a bad smell-- there are so many people who intuitively don't like that we end up having to laws to limit it. I don't like bad smells, I don't have to give a reason. You make a bad smell where I can know about it I can put you in jail. Homosexuality stinks.

Thank you for repeating your post from "Choice or Curse". I've already refuted it here:
http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=50552&start=130.

Now, as for you being called a bigot. I'm not sure about other people, but technically, I said (pertaining to the last paragraph in the above quote) that your paragraph contains "sounds of bigotry". Shall I tell you how I came to that conclusion from your last paragraph? It's simple. I was offended by it.

Let's do an experiment, shall we? I shall replace all mentions of homosexuality or homosexual in your paragraph with the word Jew or Jews. I will also replace the word heterosexuality with Aryan. If by altering these nouns I end up insulting and offending Jews, then that means the paragraph itself is offensive and insulting and bigoted.

WARNING: In no way does the below paragraph represent my views on the Jewish people and in no way do I mean to genuinely insult or offend the Jewish people.
"In his heart of hearts virtually everyone prefers that Aryan to Jews. Ask anybody in the room if they want it announced that they are a Jew. We're not taking a poll here, we're demonstrating that Jews are like a bad smell-- there are so many people who intuitively don't like that we end up having to laws to limit it. I don't like bad smells, I don't have to give a reason. You make a bad smell where I can know about it I can put you in jail. Jews stinks."
WARNING: In no way does the above paragraph represent my views on the Jewish people and in no way do I mean to genuinely insult or offend the Jewish people.

I don't know about you, but that sounded bigoted, didn't it? If you post things like that, is it any wonder people call you a bigot?

Of course, if you replaced those nouns with the names of foods, it doesn't sound bigoted. But we're talking about groups of people here. If you say that sort of thing about any group of people, any race, any subgroup, any religious group, it sounds bigoted.

Sure, the homosexual has its fair share of health problems. There are many diseases out there that are usually population specific, but it has nothing to do with the fact that they are immoral.

STDs are a common threat to all humanity and everyone should practice safe sex. Granted abstinence is the best way to prevent gaining STDs but it doesn't really work very well compared to safe sex, so we must push both messages across.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 09:34 am
This was a report by Paul Cameron, the person I advised you not to rely on. He is untrustworthy. He was kicked out of four different associations for distorting data and one judged labelled his findings as "fraudulent".

If you could show me where you found that id like to read it. Im sure it could be true but you just telling me its a source that isn't legit and showing no signs of anyone else saying that makes me skeptical. And as far as threads bashing gays and promting slavery show me one besides my own stand. It seems everyone here has already embraced homosexuality. So theres not much i can do but in the future when its evident the problems homosexuality causes ill pull up the thread and say i told you so.
0 Replies

Wolf ODonnell

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 10:47 am
Discreet wrote:
If you could show me where you found that id like to read it. Im sure it could be true but you just telling me its a source that isn't legit and showing no signs of anyone else saying that makes me skeptical.

Perhaps you forgot that the last time I said he couldn't be trustworthy, I provided a detailed account of the bogusness of his work by Gregory M. Herek, including a link. Perhaps you didn't notice it? Well, here it is, including several other links pertaining to the untrustworthiness of Paul Cameron.

Here is one link, featuring several links to the stuff that got me suspicious of Cameron in the first place:
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/facts_cameron.html

Here is a link to the full ASA resolution on his dismissal:
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/ASA_resolution_1985.PDF

Just in case you doubt the legitimacy of Dr. Herek:
http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/bio.html

How's about SourceWatch.org?
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Paul_Cameron
That talks about him in a less than rosy tone.

This one talks about anti-homosexual prejudice in general, but Paul Cameron gets a mention: http://psychology.ucdavis.edu/rainbow/html/spssi_91.PDF

If you can't read it, tell me, and I'll only gladly give you the entire copy. You may have to read all of it, but Brown and Cole (1985) Nebraska Medical Journal Vol. 70, 410-414, whom are mentioned in that article talked about the invalidity of his studies in proving limited life span of homosexuals and their part in paedophilia.

Quote:
And as far as threads bashing gays and promting slavery show me one besides my own stand.

I'm sorry, but I'm having difficulties understanding what you meant by that sentence.

Quote:
It seems everyone here has already embraced homosexuality. So theres not much i can do but in the future when its evident the problems homosexuality causes ill pull up the thread and say i told you so.

Yes, but all you've done in your last thread is find anything bad afflicting homosexuals that you could lay your hands on, without even forming an argument of your own. (Have I done that myself? If so, I will start correcting my posts).

You gave all that evidence and I say, so what? What are you specifically trying to prove with that evidence? And I do mean specifically, because "homosexuality is bad" is just too vague a response.

What about homosexuality is so deterimental to society? And have you managed to prove that the bad things that are affecting homosexuals can spread into the heterosexual community?

What is this supposed Gay Agenda the Christian Right keep talking about?

You haven't proven that homosexuals are a drain on health care, because the amount of money spent on them is negligible compared to the money spent on health care in general.

Discreet, may I ask you what about homosexuality scares you? If you don't feel like answering that question, then by all means, please don't. Oh and please don't PM me, because I never check my PMs.
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 10:51 am
On the bright side of homosexuality if you live with someone your own size you automatically double your wardrobe.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 11:01 am
A very cogent point, AK, and one likely to resonate with the community in question . . .
0 Replies

Algis Kemezys

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 11:27 am
And if you marry someone triple your size then you stay toasty warm in the winter...esp if your upnorth.
0 Replies

Discreet

Reply Thu 19 May, 2005 11:28 am
Well Paul Cameron may have over exagerrated his numbers but whenever dealing with statistics it is always biased. Which is why its hard to use them as facts, but from what i have read i truly believe homosexuality does lower a person's lifespan
http://ije.oupjournals.org/cgi/content/abstract/26/3/657?maxt-show=&HITS=10&hits=10&RESULTFORMAT=&searchid=QID_NOT_SET&FIRSTINDEX=&volume=26&first%20page=657&journalcode=intjepid

If you want ill post as many sources as i can on studies on homosexual lifespans. My point is that not only does homosexuality damage the economy it hurts other people both in health and children brought up in a family of 2 males or 2 females. Marriage between man and woman is proved to benefit a man or a woman. Which is why no one will argue against heterosexual lifestyles calling it wrong. But i seem to be the only one using data with my opinion everyone else besides wolfe is arguing based on feelings and they think being against homosexuality is being a bigot so instead of looking at evidence they argue based on their feelings. IF you show me evidence supporting benefits of homosexuality ill gladly read them, i just havn't seen any that seem logical

This article will mostly likely get people upset and im not sure i agree with his argument completely but some of his points i agreed with

http://www.chronwatch.com/content/contentDisplay.asp?aid=7559

ie:Since the counter culture revolution in the 1960's, many have rushed to embrace all forms of sexual behavior and practices and look upon them as fully acceptable to our society. This cozy arrangement falls under the umbrella of an absurd disclaimer: ''As long as it doesn't harm another person it is my right to do whatever I want in the privacy of my bedroom.'' This moronic premise implies that no one can judge personal conduct as either right or wrong or moral and immoral, therefore, it follows that it is unnecessary to have a clear line of decency drawn and rules of morality for our children to live by. This is merely another example of outrageous moral equivalency!

If you attempt to discuss morality these days, you will most likely be confronted with attacks from people accusing you of trying to impose your morals upon them. Many people do not want to hear about moral responsibility and clean living. It is enticing for them to live a carefree, easy way of life without moral restraints.

More cites
http://www.doctorsforlifeinternational.com/issues/homosexual/genetics.cfm
http://www.genetics.org/cgi/content/full/154/4/1597
0 Replies