We need to discuss ALL things Quentin Tarantino! Squares keep out!

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 03:58 pm
What's your fave Tarantino flick? Your least fave?

Is he overrated? Undercooked? Just freaking brilliant? Or a plagiarizing hack who fetishizes all things terrible B-movies and camp? Is he an utter misogynist as certain critics claim?

An amuse bouche for your eyes!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 3 • Views: 2,090 • Replies: 8
No top replies

roger

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 04:12 pm
@tsarstepan,
Why did you tell me to keep out?
0 Replies

McGentrix

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 04:44 pm
Tarantino is a outstanding director able to get the best from his actors with his brilliant writing. His inter-character dialogues are second to none. His work in such a variety of genre's, each proving to be the next master piece, is amazing.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 05:13 pm
I vote for: Just freaking brilliant. I haven't seen all of his movies, but I love every one that I've seen.

Favorite: Death Proof. But my tastes might differ from most people. I actually own a Blu-ray of Vanishing Point.

The museum should have been (should still be) compensated for the guitar that they smashed while filming Hateful Eight.
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 05:26 pm
I think Tarantino has shown flashes of brilliance—and I think he’s probably as disgusting as his detractors say he is. I listened to Uma Thurman’s comments about Tarantino circa #MeToo, I watched the film footage of an auto accident she had under his direction—and heard his reckless direction. It gave credence, to me anyway, about other complaints she made about Weinstein’s good bud.

Tarantino himself has admitted treatment of women that seems customary and heinous in Hollywood.

I try not to think about that stuff, but you asked.

I loved ‘Pulp Fiction’—he burst on to the scene with an arguable masterpiece, and he’s pretty hot with the soundtracks. ‘Jackie Brown’ and ‘Inglourious Basterds’ are my favorites. ‘Reservoir Dogs’ deserves an honorable mention.

‘Dawn of the Dead’ with Clooney looking hot and playing against type was fun. I didn’t like the grinder movies—obviously, lowbrow is fun sometimes for me, but I couldn’t get that low...🙂. I couldn’t get into the Kill Bill franchise, either, but I seem to be a minority re that.

If I could only see one T film forever, it’d ‘Jackie Brown.’
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 05:36 pm
Wow, this must’ve been Luke Perry’s last film.
farmerman

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 06:48 pm
@Lash,
My fav all time movie is the ultimate in Coolness PULP FICTION. Tarantino' s worst film (IMHO) is DJANGO UNCHAINED. Its just stupid , and by switching all his previous characters just to show theyve got. range was totally dumb. Kill Bill (Both in order) are up there. I did not see the"Death Ride" (Was that the name) , So thats one Ive missed and am not gonna opine.

All his other films fit in tween Kill Bill2 and Django. BUT, Unquestionably PULP FICTION is as good as movies ever can get. It used the Time space "Quentinium" perfectly, Memento could only wish that it could do phsyics as a comedy adventure as well.

I recall M Knight Shamallan being touted as a "genius" but he sorta started "phoming his work in" Tarantino , works his ass off .

I unerstand hes doing a movie about Charlie Manson for the 2019 holiday season. Warms my heart,a Christmas movie about the Family.

coa999

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 07:38 pm
@tsarstepan,
i used to like him. but not now - i feel his style is adolescent.

though my favourite film of his is Jackie Brown.

It's unfair to say he is subliminally racist, since his characters use the n-word a lot. i think this goes back to his adolescent view, since he probably thinks urban black culture is cool.
0 Replies

oralloy

Reply Sun 26 May, 2019 10:25 pm
@farmerman,
farmerman wrote:
I did not see the"Death Ride" (Was that the name) , So thats one Ive missed and am not gonna opine.

Death Proof.

If you ever decide to see it, make sure that you are familiar with the 1970s movie Vanishing Point first.
0 Replies