movie from laptop to projector

Seed

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:36 am
so i was wondering while kind of program i need to send a movie on my laptop to a projector. does anyone know?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 710 • Replies: 4
No top replies

parados

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:44 am
If your laptop already plays movies then you don't need any other programs. The projector should show anything you can do on the screen.

The thing you need is a good sound system.
0 Replies

Seed

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 11:47 am
we couldnt get the movie to show up on the screen when we tried to run it to the power point projector
0 Replies

fishin

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 12:02 pm
Assuming the projector you are trying to use is a typical LCD projector then Parados is right on. You'd just need to chose the correct inputs in the projector settings, set your laptop to output to an external display and ensure the laptop resolition is something that the projector can display.

If you can't get it to work you might want to post the make/model of the projector and laptop so people can look up specific instructions on how to go about setting it up.
0 Replies

parados

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 12:06 pm
Can you run power point to the projector? or anything else? If you can show other things on the projector is it the same thing as on the laptop screen? I think PP might allow you to send it to a second screen while keeping your regular desktop on the main screen. Most video players will probably play on the main screen.

Most laptops have a soft switch that transfers output to external vga. Is your projector hooked up to the vga out? If so, check your manual for how to send signal to external screen. This would blank out the laptop screen and send all video to the external screen or in this case projector.

If you are not connecting to the projector by vga then give us more info on type of projector, laptop, connection from one to other and OS version.
0 Replies