TOPICS FOR HISTORICAL MOVIES ENHANCED BY NEW TECHNOLOGY

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2003 08:35 pm
A few years back, my wife and I wondered how long it would be before we couldn't tell the difference between computer generated characters/scenes and the real thing; that moment may have already arrived. If true, then I am ready to view movies of some key moments in history which are enhanced through computers. The question is, "What are some of those historical topics/situations?" What would you recommend?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,057 • Replies: 4
No top replies

LarryBS

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 04:31 am
The building of the pyramids (shortened version!), key battles in history, important trials. Too general I know, I'll work on it.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Mon 17 Mar, 2003 05:43 am
You were kind to drop by...I've studied history and my mind has gone in neutral. How about events such as the explosion Mt. St. Helen (sp) in the NW? Or a dramatization of what would happen when the magnetic poles shifted?
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Wed 19 Mar, 2003 12:02 pm
There are so many!

One that immediately comes to mind is the fall of Rome to the barbarian hordes.

Another episode, which most people do not even know about, is the war by the Papacy to stamp out the Cathar heresy in the South of france in the 12th Century--the period when there were 2 Popes, one in Avignon and one in Rome. Terrible battles and massacres of civilians took place, along with trials of heretics and burnings at the stake.
0 Replies

Mapleleaf

Reply Thu 20 Mar, 2003 02:52 pm
Quote:
One that immediately comes to mind is the fall of Rome to the barbarian hordes

Thanks for jumping in...the above topic struck my fancy. The panaramic view of screaming horseman sweeping down upon the Roman troops would have to be demoralizing.
0 Replies