Search Engine Problem - Google phpbb indexing

tomovuk

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 02:28 pm
Hi guys...

Great site, great forums and what to say keep up the good work.

Ok I have questions and I hope I will answer some for confused people over there. First I tried your phpbb SEO hack and I had couple of problems with rewrite... I search day and night this forum and no solution. So I installed different hack, but I still have some minor problems

Here you can see archive of my forum and rewrite works.

Edit (Moderator): URL removed

However google is not indexing my pages/topics just forum categories/folders. For those interested what pages google indexes on your site enter this line into google search:

site:www.yoursite.com

Thanks guys...

P.S. So it never actually indexes topic by topic just what topics are in certain folder/forum.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,595 • Replies: 13
No top replies

993ti

Reply Sat 14 May, 2005 07:50 pm
That's why i'm not using the archive mod.
I'm still waiting for the results to get updated but i've got patience Smile
Do you get error messages when using Craven's rewrite?

Btw, you've got a prob with the album :wink:
0 Replies

tomovuk

Reply Sun 15 May, 2005 01:07 am
I don't know. I spent hours and hours trying to make craven's thing to work and no luck.

And I don't consider myself slow Very Happy

Yeah album and archive don't get along but album works.
0 Replies

tomovuk

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 09:32 am
Nah at the end you really can't make or force google to do anything.

Get quality links, have good popularity and good well managed content and that might be it. Then let google decide how important is your forum.

By the way google indexes php pages as good as html so I don't see why make them html.

This whole project was waste of time. If anyone disagrees please state your opinion.

Thanks
0 Replies

993ti

Reply Mon 16 May, 2005 05:34 pm
Search engines are on my site every day now.
I don't know what happens if i get rid of the rewrite, it works but i'm also using lots of other stuff.
I did have more results on another server without the rewrite though.
0 Replies

tomovuk

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 04:15 am
rewrite is bad you can even get punished by google because of double content on site. Be careful.

P.S.
My signature removed? I didn't leave any links. How you accept people to come here and help other people without even normal without link or image signatures. All I left is name of my site.

You know that is not ok and you need to stop doing that. All the forums on net are letting this kind of signatures so should you.

You lost so many cool points...so many!
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 10:14 pm
OMG WTF!!!! Not the "cool points"!!!! Say it ain't so!!

</pretending to care>
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 10:16 pm
Nice hat, Boss . . .
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 17 May, 2005 10:19 pm
tomovuk wrote:
You know that is not ok and you need to stop doing that. All the forums on net are letting this kind of signatures so should you.

You lost so many cool points...so many!

I suppose if everyone else were jumping off of buildings, you'ld want to do the same.
0 Replies

tomovuk

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 02:08 am
Setanta wrote:
I suppose if everyone else were jumping off of buildings, you'ld want to do the same.

Nobody is jumping. You think phpbb.com is jumping off of buildings because they are leaving sigs open?

Helping little guy succeed in this huge internet world is something much better than suicide. I feed my family from web design so I don't think is funny.

One thing is to ban signatures and other is to laugh and make jokes to complete strangers.

First is not nice.
Second you never know who you laughing at.
Third I don't know.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:11 am
tomovuk wrote:

Helping little guy succeed in this huge internet world is something much better than suicide. I feed my family from web design so I don't think is funny.

I do. Not your job but the silly quip about "cool points".

When you joined you agreed to terms of service prohibiting advertising here. You chose to advertise.

Then when your ad is removed, you say the site lost "cool points". It's lame enough that it is funny. No offense was intended, but your put down just seemed so infantile that it was funny.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 10:23 am
Setanta wrote:
Nice hat, Boss . . .

Me? Was it the Brazilian flag bandanna?
0 Replies

tomovuk

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 12:12 pm
Craven de Kere wrote:
you say the site lost "cool points". It's lame enough that it is funny.

I don't think "cool points" are lame at all. They might be funny, but not lame.

Ok you had for example 2455 cool points and in my opinion you lost like 670 cool points that have been deducted from your original amount.

Of course who am I and my stupid points? Nobody. It is my opinion and it might be dumm, but if you let people have little ads then maybe your posts would be answered faster because more people would want to answer them.
Razz
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Wed 18 May, 2005 09:22 pm
tomovuk wrote:

I don't think "cool points" are lame at all. They might be funny, but not lame.

Ok you had for example 2455 cool points and in my opinion you lost like 670 cool points that have been deducted from your original amount.

"Lame" and "cool" are in the eyes of the beholder... <shrugs>

Quote:
Of course who am I and my stupid points? Nobody. It is my opinion and it might be dumm, but if you let people have little ads then maybe your posts would be answered faster because more people would want to answer them.
Razz

I'd considered this several times, and ultimately I think people can best be served by others who are willing to help for the sake of helping.

Both models can work (i.e. the most popular webmaster forum online has much stricter rules on linking and no sigs are allowed at all) and I avoid the "sig motivation" model because I think it leads to having people here just to poach clients, and in the web dev topics it usually has meant that they offer only so much advice as to be recognized as an expert and then try to convert the helpee to a client.

It's not always the case, but it's a path we don't want to go down.

In any case, this is getting more and more off topic so I want to leave it at that.
0 Replies