More Movies to discuss

hebba

Reply Wed 29 Jan, 2003 04:37 am
Here´s another that seems to be slammed by a lot of critics:
"Search and Destroy"from 1995.
I thought it was a marvelous,off beat film which unfortunately only received a video release over here.I was lucky enough to see it during a film festival and the audience loved it.
The directorial début of David Salle,an artist based in New York(I think)
The cast was sent down from the heavens.
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 02:00 pm
It seems that these films are beyond criticism!!!
Helllooooooooo.....
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 04:14 pm
You look so lonely here. I wish I could say I saw Search and Destroy. I have seen it many times in Lackluster Video, but I must have avoided it after hearing bad reviews. That usually doesn't deter me, and I like Ileana Douglas and Griffin Dunne. Come to think of it, I seem to remember them in a scene at an airport next to a private plane, so maybe I caught part of it at some point. I had Independent Film Channel back then and I believe it used to play on it.
0 Replies

williamhenry3

Reply Thu 30 Jan, 2003 11:43 pm
How about the film version of Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? If a remake was in the works, whom would you cast as George and Martha?

In the original version, directed by Mike Nichols, Richard Burton played George. Elizabeth Taylor was Martha.

Idea
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:14 am
Larry,see it for heavens sake!!!It´s a scream.
0 Replies

LarryBS

Reply Fri 31 Jan, 2003 05:18 am
Thanks hebba, I think it occasionally shows up on one of the two or three movie cable channels I have. Wonder if its out on dvd.

Did you see After Hours? Also with Dunne, offbeat dark comedy. For some reason I think Scorsese might have directed.
0 Replies

larry richette

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 10:16 am
If I were remaking WHO'S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOOLF, I would cast:

the great Judy Davis as Martha

James Woods as George

Ethan Hawke as the young professor

and Diane Lane as his wife
0 Replies

hebba

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 10:38 am
LarryBS,I saw After Hours and it WAS a Scorsese film.I think Dunne is great fun to watch.He´s pretty marvelous in Search and Destroy as is the entire cast.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 12:03 pm
Oho, larry -- we might not always agree (obviously) but your casting of a remake of "Virginia Wolff" is excellent.
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Fri 7 Feb, 2003 12:33 pm
Well, I think Diane Lane is great, but isn't she a bit old (at 38) to play the impressionable young wife?
0 Replies