Have You Learned Anything from Interacting on Able2Know?

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 09:57 pm
?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 2,564 • Replies: 52
No top replies

littlek

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:03 pm
Of course!
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:15 pm
?
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 10:15 pm
I have learned a few things and I have experienced the ugly side of human nature at times as well. I consider the day lost if I haven't learned something and I have not lost any days.
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 11:56 pm
It's been great. Very Happy
0 Replies

fredjones

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 12:06 am
I learned what "apposite" meant. I had no idea it was a word. I thought it was a typo at first. Smile
0 Replies

Ray

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 12:23 am
apposite... heh, I'm learning new stuff as I reply to this thread. :wink:
0 Replies

val

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 02:36 am
Re: Have You Learned Anything from Interacting on Able2Know?
extra medium

Yes, I have learned to confront my own ideas with others, better understanding different points of view, making my own ideas more clear. That because a written discussion is very different from an oral one. I have discussed philosophical subjects with friends, but those verbal discussions were, in fact, monologues. By writing and reading what others wrote, I feel myself forced to think and understand their points of view. In a verbal discussion, most of the time, I feel I just wait that someone finishes his "line" in order to begin mine.
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 02:42 am
I've learned so much about computers - what makes them work, why things go wrong & how to fix the problems. Mind you, I would hardly describe myself as a technical whizz, or anything like that .... but you should have seen me at the start of this journey! Laughing
0 Replies

goodfielder

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 03:03 am
I've learned much content material as well as process material. I've read some straightforward questions and answers and learned from them. I've also learned to keep a civil tongue in my head (or civil fingers on my keyboard) and to closely analyse what I read/am being told, that is, my critical thinking skills have improved a great deal. And it's so good to be on a site where proper English and accurate spelling (regional differences tolerated) is demanded.

Not your average internet discussion forum.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 03:06 am
I have learned that in Australia they have carnivorous rabbits....who knew?

I already knew but it has been reinforced that Canadians are exceptionally cool people.

I have learned that capybaras can be raised domestically although I still don't know why.

I have learned you can waste a lot of time and that you never get it back.

I have learned that people can be real dicks.....and can also be wonderful caring people no matter where you go.

I have learned to get on people's nerves on a grand scale.

It's been fun here.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 03:09 am
Ive learnt we are all completely different.
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 03:50 am
I have learned a small but telling amount of stuff but I'm not going to say what it is.
0 Replies

Cyracuz

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 05:00 am
Quote:
I have learned that in Australia they have carnivorous rabbits....who knew?

Really? Cool. I thought they just existed in Mony Python's quest for the holy grail.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 06:06 am
Ive learned how to link a graph of a resistivity function to the ass end of A2k. Sort of like default wallpaper. So when I leave the office people dont try to refresh my screen and get back to A2k and see what Im writing. If you put something official looking on the screen, they usually leave your stuff alone.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 10:58 am
I love this forum. The people on it are VERY knowledgeable and sincere.

Agnosticism and Athiesm are two things that have really been revealed to me. I thought agnosticism was simply the sissies way out of the thesim question.

Now I see how valid it is and how challenging the argument is to thesism and athiesm.

Certain people on this forum simply amaze me. One of them (and there are many) is Joe From Chicago. His ability to grasp logical arguments makes me envious. He can spot difficult fallacies in a way that I only wish.

Asherman and JL Nobody have a great understanding of Buddhism and its workings. I miss those threads.

Frank Apisa (come back Frank) and many many others have really taken the time to enlighten me on the workings of Agnosticism.

Watchmakers Guidedog and others have really taken thier time and explained Athiesm to me.

Most of all - however, A2K is a place I come to confirm that there are still people out there searching to ask the right question - more than having all the answers. Like Kickycan's post about 'gay'. I am not a fan of Kicky's post style most of the time - but it was a great thread that showed he is wrestling with the same types of thoughts that I am.

I learn something every time I post here - but most of all I feel like I am not alone in the 'question your reality' quest.

TTF
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 11:06 am
I learned how to sex a goldfish...seriously!

But apart from that...I've learned tons of stuff here! Even if I don't post myself, I go in everyday if I can, just to keep abreast of things that are going on in the world. Most A2Kers are fantastic, funny, knowledgeable people.

My Goldfish just died by the way Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 11:07 am
I have learned that I am still learning and will always be.

I have learned that there are other people as kookie as I am and I don't feel so alone anymore.

I have learned that I should not be embarrassed that I am not as knowledgeable about many subjects as I would have liked to think I was, and I enjoy reading the views and opinions of others even if I don't agree or like them.
0 Replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 11:08 am
I feel a group hug coming on Very Happy
0 Replies

extra medium

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 11:29 am
spendius wrote:
I have learned a small but telling amount of stuff but I'm not going to say what it is.

Now thats just plain mean! Twisted Evil
0 Replies