America's Christian Population Decreasing

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 02:34 pm
You know, this is a very petty thing, but it just irks the bejesus out of me . . . Neologist, Diderot's given name was Denis, not Dennis . . .
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 02:48 pm
Dennis?? Who said Dennis? Thank you Setanta! Embarrassed
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 02:55 pm
Thanks, Boss, for indulging an ill-tempered old bastard such as myself . . .
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 03:15 pm
Why is less christians bad?
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 05:39 pm
dlowan wrote:

Because ConstitutionalGirl's world is changing, becoming diverse and multicultural, and she does not know how to deal with it. So she invents a simpler past, mythical and "pure", which she can observe directly on 50's TV sitcoms reruns, and judges the present against it. A present that she find disorienting, dangerous and frightening.
0 Replies

ebrown p

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 05:42 pm
The answer of course is immigration. The great majority of the new immigrants from Mexico and Central and South America are Christian.

I would bet that these new arrivals are at least balancing out the Americans who are becoming more secular.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 05:44 pm
dlowan wrote:

Fewer, Wee Wabbit . . . fewer christians . . .
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 05:48 pm
CG,

I was going to reply to your rather wordy and superfluous post, but after reading it again I realized that you were talking about the United States. I will, therefore, not comment on what is obviously a local thing. ;-)
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 05:53 pm
My hat's off to you, Intrepid. (Or, it would be if I wore a hat) I couldn't get through but half of a first reading, let alone read the whole thing twice!
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 05:56 pm
squinney wrote:
My hat's off to you, Intrepid. (Or, it would be if I wore a hat) I couldn't get through but half of a first reading, let alone read the whole thing twice!

Helps to be a speed reader. Also helps if you throw out all of the rhetoric and mundane things.... very few words left.

Laughing
0 Replies

Acquiunk

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 06:12 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
The great majority of the new immigrants from Mexico and Central and South America are Christian..

I am speculating here because I really do not know her opinion on this. But judging her attitudes based on past posts, I would be very surprised if ConstitutionalGirl considered the Mexican/Central American brand of Roman Catholicism christian.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 07:22 pm
Setanta wrote:
Thanks, Boss, for indulging an ill-tempered old bastard such as myself . . .
I'd rather go head to head with you than with the less articulate members of the board. And I never called you ill-tempered. http://web4.ehost-services.com/el2ton1/cheers.gifCheers!
0 Replies

ConstitutionalGirl

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 07:23 pm
Acquiunk wrote:
ebrown_p wrote:
The great majority of the new immigrants from Mexico and Central and South America are Christian..

I am speculating here because I really do not know her opinion on this. But judging her attitudes based on past posts, I would be very surprised if ConstitutionalGirl considered the Mexican/Central American brand of Roman Catholicism christian.
First of all, "I had wanted them crossing our borders," secondly, "I'm Baptist."
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 07:49 pm
Baptist...that explains a lot.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Mon 9 May, 2005 08:11 pm
Babdist . . . and a believer in the revealed truth of the bobble . . .
0 Replies