A Buddhist riddle. If you win you get a prize.

squinney

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 03:46 pm
WAAAAAAA!

I wanted a crown!!! (A Crown Victoria, perhaps?)
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 04:56 pm
whimsical wrote:
Can you explain why that is the answer, I do not get it. How could we have deduced this?

Whim

First of all, it was just a silly riddle I made up. The OM vehicle just popped into my head, that happens often to me, so I listen and watch. The human race could benefit from doing this, it's a great way to just 'be'.

These are the connections I made.

"... The two monks entered with swirling robes -- maroon and yellow for the Tibetan..."

The colors seemed close.

"The Tibetan lama sat very still, fingering a wooden rosary (_mala_) with one hand while murmuring, _"Om mani padme hum"_ continuously under his breath.

OM = Oscar Meyer.

The hints-

Q. What did a Buddhist say to the hot dog vendor?

A. Make me one with everything.

Also, think about the first two letters of the Tibetan mantra: "OM"

Now, I don't want anyone here to start yelling or acting like a maroon over this riddle (that's what untrained dogs do).

Last but not least, do monks have a sense of humor? I would say yes!

""Rinpoche says, 'What is the matter with him? Don't they have oranges where he comes from?"

What a sense of humor he has. Again, the color orange comes into play. I went with the colors and humor aspect. The absurdity of a monk driving the most obscure vehicle I could think of! Having a sense of humor seems to be ingrained in the most powerful thinkers.

One more.

"Zen master Seung Sahn, the first Korean Zen master to teach in the United States."

It seemed fitting that Kalu Rinpoche drive away with the most ridiculous piece of Americana that I could come up with. It was like he gave the Seung Sahn his comeuppance by driving off with that vehicle. It's hard for me to explain, all I can tell you is he looks fantastic in it! Hanging out the window waving.

Oh yes, the song..."Everyone would be in love with meeee." How can you not love a person who has wit like he at the age of 70!?

It all fit's together nicely in my mind. I enjoyed myself, but I enjoyed every participants ideas. You folks came up with some doozie's I never would have thought of. I liked all of them, what a great crowd.

Thanks for the good time. Nods Very Happy
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Tue 10 May, 2005 06:25 pm
Tryagain wrote:
Turtlette, in reply to Mark, "Are you asking me to give you one?" Shocked

"I enjoyed it." Rolling Eyes

"Good enough for me." Embarrassed

A2k taking thing's out of context police alert!

Listen you, I didn't mean any...of...what...you inferred, up there--^

Have i made myself crystal clear? Laughing

As for your car:

a) Any car you can aFord

b) A TransAM dentil meditation

c) Sprit of St Louis - A higher plane

Pretty good smarty pants. I have one litle itty bitty question...Why am I typing inside your white box? Shocked <slowly looks around, scuse me while I step out, extends leg...--
0 Replies

whimsical

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 03:16 am
Thanks Turtlette..

Whim
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 04:16 am
Yeah, thanks a lot.
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 07:24 am
CodeBorg wrote:
Yeah, thanks a lot.

Was that a thanks alot Mad or a thanks alot Very Happy

CodeBorg, are you envious of Ticomeelbow? Do you want a gift? I was going to give all of the participants virtual fake tickets to the world series, but I couldn't find a pic of a tick-et Laughing
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 07:26 am
parados wrote:
Quote:
So the hot dog vendor hands the Buddhist the hot dog and says "That will be four dollars."

The Buddhist hands him a twenty dollar bill, and the hot dog vendor puts in in his pocket.

The Buddhist asks, "Hey, where's my change?"

The hot dog vendor smiles and says "Change comes from within."
Laughing

Shocked Think of the prophets! I mean profits. Laughing

Try wrote:
[I]"See, anyone can play, but don't ask me how man sides on a polygon."[/I]

Hey, some people have called me poly, and some have said I'm gone! What are you trying to say? Laughing
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:19 am
Um, still waiting to find out what my prize is .... you know .... besides the "A2K genius" designation.
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:44 am
Tico-

As mayor of the munchkin ciityyyy, in the county of the land of OZ, I bestow upon you a promiscuous...I mean precious...heart, along with a familiar tune, just for you. (From the wizard of OZ)

Words have been changed to protect the innocent.

http://famousdiamonds.tripod.com/blueheartdiamond.jpg

IF I ONLY HAD A HEART

When a man's an empty kettle he should be on his mettle,
And yet I'm torn apart.
Just because I'm presumin' that I could be kind-a-human,
If I only had heart.
You'll be tender - You'll be gentle and awfully kinda mental
Regarding Love and Art.
I'd be friends with the sparrows ... and the boys who drink from barrels
If I only had a heart.
Picture me - a drunk alkey. Above a voice sings low.
Wherefore art thou, Sixpacko?
I hear a beat....How sweet.
Just to register emotion, jealousy - devotion,
And tear a bar apart.
I will hide all my liquor and lock it with a zipper, If I only had a heart.

Very Happy

p.s. You are now A2K Genius.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 08:45 am
I suggest this:

http://www.allamericanhotdog.com/new_images2/crown_logo_small.jpg

Wear it with pride! Laughing
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 10:44 am
Squinney wrote, "I wanted a crown!!! (A Crown Victoria, perhaps?)"

Beware what you wish for, it might come true.

"The Ford Crown Victoria has not been redesigned since 1979. It is the only new car on the road today whose design is that old. The design flaw is that the gas tank is in back of the axle. In 1968, a University of California at Los Angeles study showed that the tank should not be located behind the rear axle. Later research determined that it should be placed forward of the axle as in the Ford Taurus. The only major cars which still have the "exploding gas tank" design are the Ford Mustang and the Panther. This is the same problem that Ford had with the Ford Pinto -- only more people have been killed in the CVPI than the Pinto.
Another design flaw is the sharp hex bolt located on the rear axle. In a high speed collision, it is the bolt that can puncture the gas tank, which leads to the tank exploding."

"As mayor of the munchkin ciityyyy, in the county of the land of OZ, I bestow upon you a promiscuous...I mean precious...heart, along with a familiar tune."

OH my G. No, don't tell me I have been beaten by a relative of Ned Kelly! Shocked

"Now there is a place at the back of Burke
Where all the bush blokes go to lurk
The sheilas think they're just bludgers
They're playing two up, silly buggers.
Just back of beyond the billabong
Somewhere down near the 'Gong'
We hear the chooks going crazy
Laying bum nuts there by a daisy
Geezz it's enough to make ya chunder
That there is a land down under."

Please, no, not from OZ. Oh, how cruel life can be.

Turtlette wrote, "are you envious of Ticomeelbow?"

Do I look envious? Mr. Green
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 12:44 pm
Tryagain wrote:
Turtlette wrote, "are you envious of Ticomeelbow?"

Do I look envious? Mr. Green

Does someone want to play the questions game with the queen? (that would me, supposedly)

Soooo, now that I have you...<scratches head> ...right where I want you
<still confused>..."Do I look envious?" Did I say you were envious? Let me help you out...NO! Laughing

<Rolls sleeves up, even though I'm wearing short sleeves>...Alright funny boy, what's the big IDEA? Huh? Don't make me come right out and say it!

I shall be watching...like a hawk. <eye's squint, left brow goes up, slowly nods, not sure why> Shocked I'm on the case! Think... Inspector Clouseau. (favorite line)-

"You killed him in a fit of Realous Jage!" Laughing
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 03:34 pm
Li'l Turtle, you have got me all wrong. I am heartbroken that I did not solve your riddle. I am so envious of the one that did. It was just that they came from Ozlo. I mean, come on .

Wow, at the same time I was reading your story, there were a group of kids on the TV singing (if you can call it that) something about:

7-8 lay them straight.
9-10 a big fat hen.

What a coincidence! However, nothing about a seagull though. I think this Friday the 13th I will stay at home with the blinds closed.

"Hey, some people have called me poly, and some have said I'm gone! What are you trying to say?"

My parrot died, and now polly's gone. :wink:

"I'm on the case!" Shocked

May I respectfully suggest you increase the medication and return to your chair. Laughing

"You killed him in a fit of Realous Jage!"

Not me princess, I'm dyslectic, ko. Laughing
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Wed 11 May, 2005 07:45 pm
Try wrote:

"I am so envious of the one that did."

My goodness how quickly we forget, who was the first A2k to receive a gem from me that had his avatar stamped in the reflection? (i'd forgotten about that myself) Just for fun I would like to somehow get a negative of your avatar and place it over the gem pic, hmm thinkin'.

"7-8 lay them straight.
9-10 a big fat hen."

Shocked Is there an earthly word for these 'happenings'? I have my own description, it's not a word one would find in a dictionary.

"I think this Friday the 13th I will stay at home with the blinds closed."

Nonsense you! Am I going to have to teach you a lesson? Laughing Pull a George Castanza from Seinfeld, he's the fellow that did the opposite of his usual routine and had amazing good luck all day.

"I'm dyslectic, ko." Laughing

When I read that -^....I was thinking "I wonder if that's true?" The wind instantly blew my door shut (loud) and the phone rang, scared the heck out of me! Shocked Would you please be nice to me, I'm jumpy as it is. Laughing
0 Replies

achwub

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 06:37 am
how about a winnebago or a beatle Laughing
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 02:58 pm
Psychic wrote, "it's not a word one would find in a dictionary."

If it's not in a dictionary, it is not a word. :wink:

"the phone rang, scared the heck out of me!"

Yeah! Those bells sure can be a bit terrifying. You never know for whom the bell tolls. Laughing

"Would you please be nice to me"

>BIG hugs<

A new name on the scene, achwub. Welcome to the forum. If it were up to me I would award you a prize, coz I'm good like that.
However, sadly it is not, and they keep the best stuff for themselves. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Thu 12 May, 2005 07:56 pm
Yeah! Those bells sure can be a bit terrifying. You never know for whom the bell tolls. Laughing

--> Shocked <--

>BIG hugs<

You scare me, then give me a BIG hug? Mother of pearl!

"A new name on the scene, achwub. Welcome to the forum. If it were up to me I would award you a prize, coz I'm good like that."

Whaaat, who told you that? Laughing ...Oh welcome...ackshwa...asshhhhwaa...new person.
0 Replies

achwub

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 02:58 am
turtlette wrote:

--> Shocked <--

>BIG hugs<

You scare me, then give me a BIG hug? Mother of pearl!

"A new name on the scene, achwub. Welcome to the forum. If it were up to me I would award you a prize, coz I'm good like that."

Whaaat, who told you that? Laughing ...Oh welcome...ackshwa...asshhhhwaa...new person.

Nice name I've got eh!! easy ,simple.............. Cool I thought I was the only one on this site!.I'm glad to see you're all still around............... Very Happy
0 Replies

Tryagain

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:14 am
Archwub wrote, "I thought I was the only one on this site!.I'm glad to see you're all still around."

A round what? Now that's what I call a riddle! Laughing
0 Replies

turtlette

Reply Fri 13 May, 2005 03:06 pm
Tryagain wrote:
A round what? Now that's what I call a riddle! Laughing

When you figure it out, will you tell me?

(edit because I forgot to add this--> Laughing )
0 Replies