True or false. Are you a sucker?

Cyracuz

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:15 am
This just in:

We here in Norway are at the cutting edge of science. The most recent invention to see the light of day is the EZTuner. It is a device you put over your ears, wich enables you to filter out annoying sounds in your surroundings without eliminating all sound.

The device utilizes anti-sound principles first reasearched in connection with highway noise and ways to counter it.

An experiment with human voices showed remarkable results. On the EZTuner there are presets that can be programmed to desired frequencies. A person (A) started talking in a crowded street, and after person B activated the EZTuner all background noise was eliminated, and you could hear person A as if in a silent room.

Now something funny happened. Person B reversed the EZTuner, and now as person A was talking loudly into his ear no sound reached it. He could hear the busy hum of the street, but person A was inaudible.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting one. Smile
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 495 • Replies: 4
No top replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 04:44 am
Some links . . .

Noise cancellation: passive vs. active

Sony's Noise Canceling Headphones Reduce 'White Noise' by 80 Percent ($200)

Headphones That Fight Noise Two Ways And Also Comfort the Ears and Wallet ($150)

Targus Active Noise Cancellation Headphones ($50)
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:00 am
All married men already have one. At least those married longer than six months do. It's not a device though, it's inborn, it's a natural defense mechanism. We can sit in a room with our wives and appear to be attentively listening to her every word, all the while wondering to ourselves if the Yankees will ever pull out of their slump. We can carefully tune our wives voices in or out so that we miss the part about her cousin's birthday/anniversary/ funeral/something, but clearly hear the parts about dinner being ready. Or sex, we always hear anything about sex, at least the good parts and not the whiney "Already???!!? " parts.

We see with our eyes that she is upset about something and she keeps pointing at the oldest and guiltiest looking adolescent child on the face of the earth, but we are listening in our heads to the FM version of our lives and right now we have something from back in the days of the early Bruce. oh yeah.

So it seems to me like the thing you are talking about is superfluous to the lives of married men, but maybe young singles could use them as training devices.

Joe(What? Did you tell me about that?)Nation
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 05:30 am
Joe- Your response should be required reading for all young women about to get married or live with a man.
0 Replies

thethinkfactory

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 06:10 am
What? What?!!!

Sorry I have my EZ tuner on!

TTF
0 Replies