Their Big Dance-off!-story

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 08:23 pm
i wrote this story based on this magezine headline: Their big Dance-off!!!

Their Big Dance-Off!

The sound of rain roars outside my window. I sit there staring out and thinking, with a bright red, throbbing cheek. "The day definitely didn't go my way!" Samara exclaimed. I sat there in a state of sheer wonder overcastted by exhaustion. Nothing could be said or thought to explain my dear friends actions nor could it be forgiven for a long while after that long, sorrowful day.
"You won the fight, so what do you care?" I said. Samara's day flew by in a tornado like fashion. One minute, peace filled the air, the next, and a squashed face against the ice cold, gym floor, squawked out in painful cries. Samara was a quite, dainty girl growing up. But, everything changed once she was of high school years. Samaras' high school appeared and felt like a maximum security prison located in the heart of some broken down, old-time town. Everyone in the high school had to watch their backs as if this would help to protect them from being backed stabbed by their own best friends. A person could easily fall into the wrong crowd while being surrounded by many hidden dangers that did exist; nothing was easy. Sure enough, this is what happened in Samara's case and in mine…
Things started to happen as the day got longer. A girl whispered to her friend, a boy laughed as Samara and I walked by him and his friends…this was all that were needed to set Samara off. "What do you think your doing?" Samara roared. I stood there dreading what was about to unfold before my very eyes. Samaras' face was slowly but surely obtaining a red hue, I on the other hand, was starting to turn greenish in appearance.
"What are you talking about? Are you on something, Samara?" the jock stated. As I stood beside my friend, I could only move a bit; I was paralyzed with fear as to what was about to come.
"Am I on something? Are you on something, who are you to judge anyone else but yourself?" In saying this, Samara had spoken up to the jock that had always wrecked havoc on the major population in our school. The next moments are only fragments of swaying photographs in my mind. Punches and people screaming were the only things I had heard, including the roar from the quickly building crowd around Samara and the devious jock. One line came to my mind as I stood there beside my best friend; this is their big dance-off! Finally, the day had come. When Samara unleashed all the hellish fiery she has held inside her for so long.
Yet again, this is what happens when you fall into the wrong crowd. Everything went blurry as I stood there, blood gushing into a river of red down my left cheek. Samara had fallen onto an unforgiving road of violence and drugs, but I had fallen onto a road of helplessness and fear. I had to stand by and watch my friend be hauled off; hands bound behind her soon meeting cold steel bars, by two monstrous police officers. I had come to see that Samara had led me into a trap; and at the end of the tunnel there was no light. The result of Samara and the devious jocks' dance-off: loss, pain, and a permanently changed future for two lost souls. All that was left for me was loneliness and sorrow, but not for long. I had to move on from the crowd of monsters who had crept up beside me, I knew one day, I would be happy. One thing that I will never forget is, the day in school, lost and bound with fear. The last day I every saw Samara again.

tell me what you think please.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 608 • Replies: 4
No top replies

neologist

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 10:33 pm
I weigh 260 pounds and have 19 inch upper arms; yet I'm afraid of Samara. Now you need to fine tune your story.
First, use spell check. If you are unsure of a word, use An online dictionary.
More paragraph breaks would be helpful because you have so much dialogue.
Proof read. Search for homonyms and near homonyms. Is it hellish fury or hellish fiery?
Sentence fragments should be used only sparingly. Do something with "The last day I ever saw Samara again."
Nice work! Keep at it!
0 Replies

Lex62589

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 02:01 pm
1st editted copy.
Their Big Dance-Off!

The sound of rain roars outside my window. I sit there staring out and thinking, with a bright red, throbbing cheek. "The day definitely didn't go my way!" Samara exclaimed. I sat there in a state of sheer wonder overcastted by exhaustion. Nothing could be said or thought to explain my dear friends actions nor could it be forgiven for a long while after that long, sorrowful day.
"You won the fight, so what do you care?" I said. Samara's day flew by in a tornado like fashion. One minute, peace filled the air, the next, and a squashed face against the ice cold, gym floor, squawked out in painful cries. Samara was a quite, dainty girl growing up. But, everything changed once she was of high school years.
Samaras' high school appeared and felt like a maximum security prison located in the heart of some broken down, old-time town. Everyone in the high school had to watch their backs as if this would help to protect them from being backed stabbed by their own best friends. A person could easily fall into the wrong crowd while being surrounded by many hidden dangers that did exist; nothing was easy. Sure enough, this is what happened in Samara's case and in mine…
Things started to happen as the day got longer. A girl whispered to her friend, a boy laughed as Samara and I walked by him and his friends…this was all that were needed to set Samara off. "What do you think your doing?" Samara roared. I stood there dreading what was about to unfold before my very eyes. Samaras' face was slowly but surely obtaining a red hue, I on the other hand, was starting to turn greenish in appearance.
"What are you talking about? Are you on something, Samara?" the jock stated. As I stood beside my friend, I could only move a bit; I was paralyzed with fear as to what was about to come.
"Am I on something? Are you on something, who are you to judge anyone else but yourself?" In saying this, Samara had spoken up to the jock that had always wrecked havoc on the major population in our school. The next moments are only fragments of swaying photographs in my mind. Punches and people screaming were the only things I had heard, including the roar from the quickly building crowd around Samara and the devious jock. One line came to my mind as I stood there beside my best friend; this is their big dance-off! Finally, the day had come. When Samara unleashed all the hellish fury she has held inside her for so long.
Yet again, this is what happens when you fall into the wrong crowd. Everything went blurry as I stood there, blood gushing into a river of red down my left cheek. Samara had fallen onto an unforgiving road of violence and drugs, but I had fallen onto a road of helplessness and fear. I had to stand by and watch my friend be hauled off; hands bound behind her soon meeting cold steel bars, by two monstrous police officers. I had come to see that Samara had led me into a trap; and at the end of the tunnel there was no light.
The result of Samara and the devious jocks' dance-off: loss, pain, and a permanently changed future for two lost souls. All that was left for me was loneliness and sorrow, but not for long. I had to move on from the crowd of monsters who had crept up beside me, I knew one day, I would be happy. One thing that I will never forget is, the day in school, lost and bound with fear. The last day I every saw Samara again.
0 Replies

Greeneyedsuicidex

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 02:38 pm
wow it's really good i like it it's like kinda confusing cuz i dunno but like is there anothor part why were they fighting cuz they were talking behind their back?? is ther a plot or what? what happend next?? im sorry i'm not a good cartic.... u have a steller way on how u write. :-) im a horrable speller.. :\ im sorry.

[XxLizxX]
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 10:10 am
Green_eyed_suicide_x wrote:
wow it's really good i like it it's like kinda confusing cuz i dunno but like is there anothor part why were they fighting cuz they were talking behind their back?? is ther a plot or what? what happend next?? im sorry i'm not a good cartic.... u have a steller way on how u write. :-) im a horrable speller.. :\ im sorry.

[XxLizxX]

When you write as you speak
Your spelling is uneak
0 Replies