need help with activex controls

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 07:07 am
on sites that require activex controls, i get the tool bar at the top of the screen that prompts me to install. i click on it and the dialog box comes up, i click install and the box comes up again, i click install again and then nothing happens. i have reset all of my internet options to what was recommended to be able to install them if i choose to, but nothing happens. I do have symantec antivirus corporate edition running on my computer but was unable to find anywhere that i could edit activex controls on it. i was hoping someone could help me because there is one site that i need to be able to access for work and i cannot get what i need because i cannot install the activex control for it!!! Please help!!! Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 559 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Cyanure

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 10:55 am
Right click Internet Explorer / Properties / Security / Custom Level
Check Enable for ActiveX Controls and Plug-ins / Automatic Prompting For ActiveX Control
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 11:39 am
i have tried that to no avail. i do get prompted and when i click install i get the box that says install/cancel, the problem is when i click install nothing happens, no error messages, nothing. every once in a while i get the box to install/cancel again, but when i click install, nada. Thank you though, i appreciate the response. I am wondering if symantec antivirus corporate edition just blocks all activex in general. Is that a possibility?
0 Replies

Cyanure

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 03:18 pm
Yes very possible. I have a Spyware Remover with an option to block all ActiveX. Try to disable it and see if it will work.
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 12:48 pm
are you familiar with symantec corporate edition, because, while i am somewhat of a novice at computers, i cannot find where to disable it on symantec antivirus corporate edition.
0 Replies