Simple but hilarious comedy moments

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 05:07 am
I was watching Meet the Parents last night,again an dthere is one truely hilarios part.

I dont know how intensional it was or wether the actress that played the role is a professional comedy actress but it is brilliant.

The scene is were Ben Stiller is in the empty boarding lounge waiting to get his flight back home.
He hands his ticket to the female flight attendant and the scene just unfolds.
It had me in giggles, he rest of the film doesnt have that effect.

Just looked up the actress, she is called Kali Rocha.Glad to read she is in Meet the Fockers too.

Can you think of any other small scenes that have you in fits but arnt a major part of the film?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 985 • Replies: 17
No top replies

smorgs

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 05:53 am
The scene in BIG where Tom Hanks has some sort of puppet in his hand and punches himself on the chin...still makes me laugh! Laughing
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 07:10 am
Ahh, watched that yesterday and remember the bit you mean.He was perfect for that role.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 07:12 am
The scene in Jurassic Park where the fat guy gets devoured by that funky-looking dinosaur with the collarbone problem had me rolling in the aisle.
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 09:33 am
The scene from "Clue" where Mrs. White (Madeleine Kahn) is incoherently trying to explain something ...

WHITE
(detached)
Yes . . .
(pause)
Yes, I did it.
I killed Yvette.
I hated her . . . so . . . much . . .
I-It-It--flame--flames . . . on the side of my face . . .
breathing . . . breathle--heaving breaths . . .heaving--

I must have seen this movie a dozen times or more and I still wet myself laughing when she does this scene. I can't explain it.

Clue
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 01:59 am
-How many husbands have you had
Mrs White-Mine, or other womens
-Yours
Mrs White-5, yes, just the 5.Men should be like Kleenex, soft strong and disposable.

Love that film, a total classic.

2 plus 1 plus 1.....
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 02:19 am
-Thers just one thing I dont understand!
-Onnnne Thing!!

-Too late.

-Im gonna go home and sleep with myyy wife.
0 Replies

thiefoflight

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:18 am
The scene in A SHOT IN THE DARK with Peter Sellers is in the nudist colony.
Danny Kaye's "vessel with the pestle" scene in THE COURT JESTER
A more recent one is the knife scene in KUNG FU HUSTLE.
0 Replies

sublime1

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:23 am
A scene from Mr. Mom

-Do you wan't a beer?

-It's 7:30 in the morning!

-Scotch?
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:44 am
thieoflight-I saw a trailer of Kung Fu Hustle a few weeks back, cant wait to see it!!
0 Replies

Heeven

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:45 am
material girl - yesss, another "Clue" fan!
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:51 am
Heeven wrote:
The scene from "Clue" where Mrs. White (Madeleine Kahn) is incoherently trying to explain something ...

WHITE
(detached)
Yes . . .
(pause)
Yes, I did it.
I killed Yvette.
I hated her . . . so . . . much . . .
I-It-It--flame--flames . . . on the side of my face . . .
breathing . . . breathle--heaving breaths . . .heaving--

I must have seen this movie a dozen times or more and I still wet myself laughing when she does this scene. I can't explain it.

Clue

Oh god, that was hysterical and one of my favorites as well. FLAMES! FLAMES!... on the side of my face -- and her expression. Holy God, that was funny.
0 Replies

material girl

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 08:54 am
THATS RIGHT!

My friend and I love it.I thought you were her for a second when I first read your post.I thought the film only had 2 fans!
The scary thing is our favourite quote IS 'I hated her...so...much..flames...on the side of my face...heaving....'.Weve managed to get it into conversations at times.
I love the way that film has 3 different endings, its fun to try and keep up with who the suspects are.
I havnt seen it for years.Goes to show a film needed be a multimillion pound blockbuster to be superb.

Love Miss Scarletts/Leslie Ann Warrens green dress.
Eileen Brennan is fabulous and Tim Curry is hilarious.I love it when he does his Rocky Horror/Frankenfurter armswinging walk towards the camera when he is trying to explain a murder.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 4 May, 2005 10:12 am
One of my favorites is the chase scene on the vending cart in "What's Up Doc?" which has Barbra Streisand and Ryan O'Neal careening down the streets in San Francisco chased by spies. Another scene in that movie that is hilarious is Madeleine Kahn being dragged out of the ballroom after a case of mistaken identity.

Of course, the movie is based on "Bringing Up Baby," with its own collection of great comedic scenes including the climax where Katherine Hepburn climbs up on the painstakingly constructed dinosaur bones to get to Gary Grant.

Sight gags can be a lot funnier that even the funniest dialogue.
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 11:14 pm
Simple, but hilarious: "It's a Mad,Mad,Mad,Mad,World", Spencer Tracy walks into his office, Tosses his hat towards the hat rack, it sails out the window; caught me off guard, i cracked up.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Thu 5 May, 2005 11:30 pm
The inspiration for the Zuckers? Of course, sight gags go back to Buster Keaton and Charlie Chaplain. On the Panavision Cinerama screen the final scenes from "Mad, etc. World" were incredible.

But I can't forget the first scene in "Some Like It Hot" where Tony Curtis and Jack Lemmon show up at the train station in bad drag with Marilyn Monroe dodging steam vents!
0 Replies

Paaskynen

Reply Fri 6 May, 2005 09:18 am
The way Jaques Tati "soars" into a canal after a ridiculously funny cycling episode in "Jour de FĂȘte" is one of the few cinema moments that made me laugh out loud.
0 Replies

booman2

Reply Sat 7 May, 2005 07:39 pm
In "My Cousin Vinny" the local bully holds a handful of money, annoucing he has the wager money, as Vinny is about to walk past him, with something else on his mind. Vinny leaps into his chin with a punch, picks up the money, thanks him, and moves on without missing a beat. Exquisite timing.
0 Replies