Napoleon Dynamite: did i miss something?

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 02:43 pm
Did I miss something on this movie? Everyone I talked to said it was so funny. Can someone let me in on the secret, because while parts were funny, I think my IQ dropped while I was watching it.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 702 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 02:57 pm
It's a "stupid" comedy, and the humor is very dry.

It's a love it or hate it movie. Some people just don't "get it," or just weren't entertained. The mannerisms of the characters, the awkward pauses, the dumb lines, good stuff.

I dug it.

(how could you not laugh at Uncle Rico throwing the steak off Napoleon's face?)
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:01 pm
oh there were funny parts, don't get me wrong. i thoroughly enjoyed napoleon's dancing scene, i almost cried. however, i don't know that its a movie i would have recommended as extremely funny to others. i don't think i would have recommended it all actually. however, my husband insists that it was one of the funniest movies he's ever seen. maybe i am too analytical because i kept searching for something to make sense and it just didn't.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 03:10 pm
Yea, if you're the analytical type when it comes to movies, you probably won't like it. It's humor at a very sophmoric level.

I loved it, it's one of those movies that hearing just some of the dumb lines cracks me up. "Shocks...pegs...LUCKY! You ever take it off any sweet jumps?"

Plus just how stupid all the main characters are...one reason people laugh during comedies is to feel superior to the characters, this is an example.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:13 pm
I wish I could have that two hours of my life back.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:18 pm
I'm definitely in the "I don't get it" camp.

Two hours of watching folks stand around with their mouths open....
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 04:20 pm
Here's my stab at discussing the flick:

http://www.able2know.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1277231#1277231
0 Replies

dragon49

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 07:17 am
didn't see that thread you had drew dad...oops. my husband made me relive it last night again since we didn't realize there was more movie after the credits. i have to admit the song kip sings really killed me. however, now that my husband is walking around quoting the movie constantly i may to hurt him.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 3 May, 2005 07:21 am
It is my understanding that the film tickled the funnybones of people in the fourth grade and below.

There were a few immature sixth graders that found some humor in it.
0 Replies