flabby stomach..

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 07:56 am
I was returning home when a friend of mine waved that he wants me.

He came back shortly with his car, and opened the door for me. I quickly

got in, and he asked me, " did anybody see you?"

-" No"

-" Are you sure?"

-"Yah"

No, wait I got a little carried away with my thoughts. What was I thinking?

Ok, back to the main issue. My friend asked me to call a private clinic

specialized in losing weight and stuff, since I know Chinese, kidding Smile.

I tried twice, and nobody answered, guess they were busy out. So, I told

him why he doesn't try doing some exercises. He said he did that and no

results. BTW, his problem is that he has this flabby, slouch, stomach. His

figure is acceptable I guess from my point of view. I think he wants to

eradicte the problem for good. I told him did the exercise thingy involved

stomach muscles exercise. He said no. Apparently, he only knows how to

walk.

I'm not professional in this, but I know I was doing some

sport before, but not now Sad .

My question is what is the best way to remove this flabby stomach, which

is let's say in the middle stage? Sometimes, I come to think that these

drugs or herbs could solve the problem but not the natural and safe way.

Maybe this will risk a person, his energy, and the way he looks. And come

to think about it, even if the fat gone, would the muscles

go firm, and tight as before?.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 9,839 • Replies: 2
No top replies

JPB

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 10:20 am
Hi navigator,

Stomach flab is oftentimes the first area to collect unwanted pounds, and fortunately, it's pretty easy to lose. Walking isn't the answer but neither is a ton of ab exercise reps.

Ask your friend to describe his diet. If it's full of processed foods (particularly pastries) and other 'white' foods likes potatoes, pastas, breads, cereals, rice, and full fat dairy then his answer is simple - get rid of the white. He should be able to drop 10 - 20 lbs in flab by replacing white processed foods with complex carbohydrates like whole grain breads, brown rice, beans and other legumes. Add in a bunch of fresh fruits and veggies with quality proteins such as fish, chicken (not fried), lean pork and beef. If he's a beer drinker, he should consider switching to wine. It's good for the heart and doesn't have the sugary carbs that beer has. Note: this is NOT a low-carb diet, it's a quality carb diet such as described by the South Beach plan or the low Glycemic Index plans.

Once he has his diet under control he should consider adding an exercise plan. The diet alone will help him lose fat, but the loss is magnified when you build muscle at the same time. There are a number of ways to build muscle, but walking isn't one of them. He can get some good cardiac training by walking, running, bicycling, playing basketball or volleyball, etc. but to build muscle he will need to add some strength training. Weights (machine or dumb bell) or resistance bands provide a good mechanism for strength training. Two good books for exercise plans that work for reducing stomach flab are "The Abs Diet" by David Zinczenko, editor-in-chief of "Men's Health" magazine and "8 Minutes in the Morning" by Jorge Cruise. They both have simple, quick, daily strength training routines that target different muscle groups each day. They both have quality carb food plans as well, but the exercise plans are the best parts.

Belly fat comes from eating simple sugars, primarily from processed foods. Simple diet changes can prevent the addition of more belly fat, begin to burn the fat that's there. Walking or other cardiac exercise can burn more calories and more belly fat, but to really get rid of it, he will need to add strength training (including ab exercises once or twice per week). The muscles can become as tight and firm as before, he just has to work at it, which usually means he has to really want it.
0 Replies

jpinMilwaukee

Reply Mon 2 May, 2005 10:55 am
It is a real simple formula... but not a quick fix.

Calories in should not exceed calories used.

Eat less. Exercise more.

There is no such thing as spot reduction... in other words doing stomach exercise does not target stomach fat. What it does is increases the amount of calories your body uses and therefore reduces the amount of fat everywhere.

Forget pills and get thin quick scemes... they don't work.
0 Replies