What should I do?

Thuy

Reply Wed 3 Apr, 2019 09:59 pm
I work in a Chinese restaurant and it's shitty environment. There can be hair in th food, but instead of giving customer a new batch of food, I'm told to take out the hair and give them back the food and tell them its fix. Customer are only supposed to get 4 pieces of napkins and I get yelled at for giving them more. I even get yelled at for microwaving their food too long when they want it to be really hot. It's only supposed to be 30 sec. My co worker boss me around and I do most of the work. It just suck because i care more about the customer but I need the job as well.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Question • Score: 0 • Views: 869 • Replies: 12
No top replies

jespah

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 08:40 am
@Thuy,
Look hard for a better job.
0 Replies

mystikmind

Reply Thu 4 Apr, 2019 05:34 pm
@Thuy,
Its because you work in an industry where you have to say "yes chef" as if they are God and you are bacteria under their shoe.

Honestly, if i ever worked with someone like Gordon Ramsey, i would be in jail and he would be in hospital.

Best avoid that industry full of little men with self inflated God complexes.
izzythepush

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2019 04:31 am
@mystikmind,
1) Gordon Ramsey has incredibly high standards, he wouldn't serve **** like that.
2) I doubt very much you've got the bottle.
Linkat

Reply Fri 5 Apr, 2019 05:00 am
@Thuy,
If you really need the job, then start looking for a new position while you are still working there. It will make your job a bit more easy to handle knowing that you are pursuing other opportunities.

Not sure where you are located but in most areas there are lots of available jobs. So hopefully you won't be searching too long - and if you do like serving you should be able to find a better place that does value customer service.
0 Replies

Below viewing threshold (view)
mystikmind

Reply Sun 7 Apr, 2019 08:18 pm
@izzythepush,
Miss the point as usual.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 01:03 am
@mystikmind,
I hit the nail on the head, you're all mouth and trousers, and none of the advice you give is of any use at all. You just air your own prejudices, it's what stupid people do.
mystikmind

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 04:43 pm
@izzythepush,
perhaps you would be better off joining a forum where you can insult people to your hearts content and not be in breach of the forum rules... (reported)

8) No personal attacks

No personal attacks on other members. Heated arguments are okay; mudslinging and calling each other names is not. It’s not okay when done in response to attacks on you or others either; please just report and downvote the offending comment instead. (If you feel provoked by offending comments, you can also use the "ignore user" function.) Creating topics specifically to criticize or mock another individual member is definitely not okay. Neither are specific or credible threats to other members.
izzythepush

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 04:48 pm
@mystikmind,
If your advice is useless and you just air your own prejudices, pointing that out is not a personal attack.

Perhaps you would be better off joining a forum where they suffer fools gladly.
mystikmind

Reply Mon 8 Apr, 2019 05:09 pm
@izzythepush,
And another one! Also reported, i can do this all day until you get banned, but you wont get me to insult you, its called 'being the bigger man'.
izzythepush

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 01:01 am
@mystikmind,
It's also called pissing off the mods with pointless reporting. If they hadn't removed the first post you reported they're not going to remove the second.

Let's just run through what happened, the OP came on asked a question, Jes answered it. You came on, insulted a really decent bloke, Gordon Ramsey, just so you could wave your cock about pretending to be the bigger man. When I pointed out that what you were waving about wasn't worth bothering with you then went whining to the mods.

That's what we call a crybaby. And if you carry on like that you'll get banned for wasting the mods' time.

Like Chai, who's also very nice, I've been here long enough to know how things work, who's worth bothering with and who's a total gobshite.
mystikmind

Reply Tue 9 Apr, 2019 06:49 pm
@izzythepush,
You have a bizarre idea of what happened.
I personally hate Gordon Ramsey, that is my opinion to which i am entitled to have, and you are entitled to have a different opinion.

Is that a reason to spit vicious insults at me?? Explain that?
0 Replies