Cheesy movies you hate to love

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:51 am
"Outland" was "High Noon" in space and had a sufficient amount of mystery to make it watchable. However, once one knows the outcome and sees the film again, the seams are showing. Sean Connery is not one of them -- probably the strongest element of the film.
0 Replies

plainoldme

Reply Thu 28 Apr, 2005 08:57 am
I didn't think Outland was cheesy. generally, I hate chase scenes but I liked the one in Outland where Connery (paunchy and over weight: how nice to have a hero who doesn't look heroic!) chased the bad guy through those cages in which the miners lived.

Speaking of heroes that don't look heroic, is the movie called L.A. Cop or something similar? The one that stars Eddie Murphy? I suspect Murphy isn't very tall and he's on the skinny side and his eyes aren't on the same level. He looks ordinary, which is why I loved seeing him as a hero.

I adored Earth Girls Are Easy. My family loves Three Amigos. Eating Raoul and UHF are very cheesy and very funny.
0 Replies