Amityville Horror- The New one

material girl

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:41 am
Thanks.

Cripes, just the poster of Ghost Story makes me want to see it.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Wed 27 Apr, 2005 08:46 am
The treatment of Peter Straub's well written novel may seem slick and rather austere for some but I think it established a credible atomosphere and had some genuine chills (not fun house scares but psychological creepiness). "The Haunting" is psychologically terrifying and not good to watch alone on a dark night unless one loves nightmares. The famous bulging walls were copied by Disneyland in the Haunted House ride.
0 Replies

Lightwizard

Reply Sun 8 May, 2005 02:16 pm
The box office for this movie has dropped like a rock but it's obvious that it was cheaply made (no big name stars). This was obviously an expendable movie for it's theatrical release designed to go almost directly to DVD and make some bucks. I've notice lately that poorly reviewed films are crashing at the box office. That doesn't mean that well reviewed films always do great -- the difference is, the studio and director don't expect them to do great. The safety net for both is the DVD sales and rentals, now 60% of the profit on a movie.
0 Replies