Hey! Is this just me?

roger

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 07:30 pm
I just posted a response, and suddenly "View topics with posts. . ." shows two post instead of 36. Is this happening to anybody else?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 3,305 • Replies: 26
No top replies

Phoenix32890

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 07:35 pm
Rog- Let me see. Right now,"View Topics" has 35 posts. Now, if I hit the submit button..............

Now it shows 37. Are you sure that you didn't blow the site away? I used to do it all the time!
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 08:30 pm
I'll try again and see what happens.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 08:31 pm
This time, they didn't all go away. Hmmm
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 08:54 pm
Hmmm.... Strange happenings.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 08:54 pm
I haven't noticed anything like that myself Roger.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 10:51 pm
It just happened again! Not every time I post, but three or four times tonight. sigh
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 10:53 pm
very strange things happening tonight Rog!
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Sun 9 Mar, 2003 10:59 pm
i guess it's just you roger......... Razz
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:16 am
Áre you using cookies to sign in? What browser do you use?

And do you use an ISP that rotates IP addresses like AOL?

This is a weird one, I bet it goes away before I figure it out.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:34 am
I do use cookies, that is, I never log in or out, and I use Explorer as the browser, though I don't recall the version. This has happened several times since my last post on the subject, but not during the current session. I have never encountered this before. I'm using a local dial-up and so far as I'm aware, the addresses are not rotating.

For what it's worth, I have been having computer problems lately. I was running into frequent crashes at varying intervals, and spent several weeks trying to run scan disk in safe mode. Until yesterday, it would freeze up before the scan was completed. I think I'm out of the woods on that one as I haven't had a lockup in several days, and scandisk finally ran to completion last night.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:36 am
Oh no Roger, you even stumped Craven on this one.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:38 am
Do you delete your cookies on a regular basis?
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:40 am
roger
It could be the work I was doing on the database. I'm having a few problems with the database engine and am trying to do repairs while the site is live. This can occasionally cause some database disconnects and that would kill a session.

As to your puter problems 'd format and reinstall if I were you. I find that it's often easier to backup important data and start anew than deal with a computer in the condition you describe.

gezzy,

It's not hard to stump me, everything I learned about computers started with someone or something stumping me.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:46 am
I haven't deleted cookies in eons, Gezzy. I'm not at all sure I know what my passwords are, anymore.

That's possible, Craven, but doesn't explain why no one else is having the same problem. I may have to do that reformat job.
0 Replies

Craven de Kere

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:49 am
I'd do it if I were you. Make sure to backup all your stuff. One day I'll post my "I'm gonna format" checklist.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:52 am
Like data files? If I back up everything, I'm sure I'll just be reintroducing the same old problems.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:53 am
Craven
You're a computer hero in my book sweetie ;-)

Roger
I remember way back when having problems familiar to yours and it ended up being the fact that I needed to get rid of my cookies. I delete my cookies every few weeks and defragment right after which keeps things running properly. This might explain your computer problems. If you forget your password on things, any site will email you your password.
0 Replies

roger

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:56 am
You're probably right. May not solve this problem, but it needs to be done. I recall I had to do it when I was having trouble getting into the chatroom at ravensrealm. I'm going to do that right now, in fact.
0 Replies

gezzy

Reply Mon 10 Mar, 2003 01:57 am
Way back when I had those problems, I asked Craven for help. Then I emailed MSN and they are the ones who told me that I had to get rid of those cookies. My brother is a computer Tech and he told me to get rid or them regularly and defragment right after.
0 Replies